Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Slag me all you want!

The Club have now lost my support. Period!

[quote user="Cluck"]

We''ve been crap before...but at least we knew it. Now we are crap but it''s apparently some kind of well kept secret. Wierd.........[:|] [/quote]

I just cannot be bothered after nearly 40 years of support to be a party to the bull and spin emanating from Carrow towers any more. Cluck sums it up poetically for me, an apt epitaph for Ralph Wrong. I long for the day we turned up, got beaten and trudged back up Rouen Rd. saying things like "We''re lucky it wasn''t five",. Seems there''s an expert on every subject in internetland, as far as I''m concerned get this "expertise" where it belongs ie beer talk not seven days a week "reasoned argument"  ''cos the most of it just doesn''t hold water with me. WOTB? When I was young the Barclay was for the hard cases, now they''re just into jobs in IT (whatever that is) and being PC, bloody pussies. Sorry but all this arguing for the case of the manager and the board has got you exactly what you want. A crap team backed by a board with zero ambition and maximum prudence. Sure you''re all gutted a poster with less than one billion votes and zero credibility on the pink ''un site has had enough but you''ll find plenty over the coming months with less perseverance than me. Cost me £240 plus!!!! to watch the latest crock of shite from our team, it is now twelve games since I physically saw us win, thats 4 wins since 2003 for me. Sick to death of excuses, at roughly £2000 per win I reckon there''s plenty of Div! strikers out there you''d rather have on board than me so have them instead. I''m sure if you come up with a suitable business plan containing the correct acronyms the board will release the funds.......

get up, breathe deeply, have a good look around, question yourself..........

Oh and before the cheap jibes of "Quitter" and "fair weather fan" come in let me just add that I dedicate in excess of 40 hours a week to "other projects" on top of my 50 hour working week which I''d imagine is more than most who stilll manage to squeeze Eastenders and Corry into the working week. If you still would like to point the finger, pm me, I''ll explain what I do, why  I do it then you can have a chance to justify to me why I should dedicate an extra ten hours a week and an extra couple of hundred quid to a bunch of mismanaged, overpaid and under concerned Prima Donnas.....

Exactly how I feel too RW!!!

Lost all passion and heart.

Still love the club and always will.

Just losing faith.........................................................painfully!!!

Fair does mate. You should send that in to Neil Doncaster. Most people i think feel in a similar way. I think you should stick with it until after Jan and give Granty a bit of time to bulid his own team. Hee has identified the fact the squad has no balance and is going to try and put this right. The only baffling decision is Safri and i wonder if the truth is going to come out about that soon.

This is the saddest aspect of all to me.....How many more long term loyal supporters are going to be disillusioned and lost to the club through this current shambles?  How much longer can Delia and her loyal Cavalry hold the fort when it is visibly crumbling around their ears........and taking us ''innocents'' down with it?

Not only is this a great post....it is also about as honest an appraisal as I have seen anywhere. I won''t try to add to it other than to ask, when are these people going to start being honest?.....and when are these fans who continue to defend the indefencable going to wake up to reality?

The rot is almost beyond repair now....and if something isn''t done very soon we will be confronted by many years in the wilderness, making Chase''s debacle look like a walk in the park. To me Division Two (Championship my arse) football is the wilderness.....and we are right back to the dark old days pre Ron Saunders.

This may satisfy the insipid modern day ''match goers'' amongst us here.....and in all honesty I fear they are getting just what they deserve. Still, if they don''t know any better.....I guess mediocrity can be seen as the new ''norm''.......

Fair does mate - but the club  will never lose my support although the people around the club may do so.

Yeah great, well done!

You won''t get any jibes of quitter or fairweather fans from me,  but why have a go on here, why not tell someone at the club. And why have a go at the fans? When I was young the Barclay was for people like me and it still is.

This reads like an attack on people who use this messageboard and the fans who regularly go to games and I don''t see the point.

Tell you what though, I''m not bothered what you do with your time and I still got last nights Corrie to watch. Should be good too cuz Blanch is in it!

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"]

WOTB? When I was young the Barclay was for the hard cases, now they''re just into jobs in IT (whatever that is) and being PC, bloody pussies.

[/quote]What exactly is your evidence for this statement?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Yeah, I fancy that Blanch as well![/quote]

Who the hell is Blanch ? don''t you mean Mike Branch the midfield player ? we wont get him.he will cost too much.

Am amazed that you lasted this long to throw your chips in Ralph...

Those of us hoping for a turn around in the fortunes of the club have been fighting a losing battle for quite a while now...  I decided not to go anymore until drastic changes were made after seeing Norwich v Cardiff in 2005, when we managed to scrape a 1-0 win with a goal that bounced in off one of their players backsides or something.

So I don''t blame you in the slightest....  I just wish a few others would wake up to themselves and smell the coffee.

As for watching Blanch on Coronation Street...  it sure beats watching NCFC these days and is free of charge once you have paid the BBC their licence fee!!!

I lost the faith after the Southend match. I''ve given my sister my season ticket for the forseeable future. I felt like doing what that boro fan dd and throwmy season ticket in Delia''s face. We are a joke. None of my friends go to matches anymore. I sit near fans that are stupd enough to think robinson is a good player and that Hughes is wonderful coz he tries soo hard. I have a teenage boy behind me swearing away in desperation and i joined in with him. There''s no more passion at Carrow Road no more, on and off the pitch.Why should the fans cheer? It costs us an arm and a leg each season to watch a load of bloody rubbish and we get insulted by a manager that has no idea and doesn''t play our best midfielder. Who when we cheer the substitution of him coming on we get jeered at by fans saying it''s wrong. Saying "Leave robinson alone. What''s he done?". I''ll tell you what he''s done. Him (and he''s certainly not alone) and his rubbish team mates have sapped this club of their money, the quality, their passion and most of all their fans. Im not going to QPR and I wouldn''t go even if it''s the derby against ipswich, i''d rather eat rocks, it''ll hurt less than the realisation that my beloved club is slidding towards oblivion.

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Let them all leave they will be back when we are winning again .
[/quote]

More like you''ll jump on the bandwagon when others have done something constructive about the situation....and no doubt it will have been your idea all along then.......

What''s wrong with trying to get some improvements going?......No-one is trying to hurt the club itself....as that will outlast us all. Surely seeking something better is the right thing to do....and ultimately what we all want. Left alone, this club will swiftly become an ''also ran'' like Oldham and the like.....and we''re rather better than that I think.

[quote user="Cluck"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Let them all leave they will be back when we are winning again .
[/quote]

More like you''ll jump on the bandwagon when others have done something constructive about the situation....and no doubt it will have been your idea all along then.......

What''s wrong with trying to get some improvements going?......No-one is trying to hurt the club itself....as that will outlast us all. Surely seeking something better is the right thing to do....and ultimately what we all want. Left alone, this club will swiftly become an ''also ran'' like Oldham and the like.....and we''re rather better than that I think.

[/quote]

Problem is that if people do get together to do something constructive they get slagged down and hounded.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Problem is that if people do get together to do something constructive they get slagged down and hounded.

[/quote]

What constructive idea''s do people have?

What are our aims?

Do we need to try get Grant out?

Or maybe get it written into his contract that he plays Safri instead of Robinson?

Do we want the board out?

Or is it a case of "we don''t miss Worthy but we miss the protests"

Surely we have done what the constructive fans wanted. OK it was done a bit late for some, but all the constructive criticism in the world can''t turn the clock back!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re right CA...and that is the problem. It seems that any sign of dissent is automatically seen as anti-club....which really is the total opposite of what is implied. I''m sorry, but Delia Smith and the Board mean nothing whatsoever to me. They are business people, running a business....and so are no different to the head of any other medium sized company. They are very much at the helm and so are totally liable for the prospects of the business. Unfortunately for them....it is not so much any shareholders they need to keep onside.....it is is US....the fans.....and we pay their wages through all manner of means.

Discontent does not imply riots or even destructive demonstrations....as it can mean letters of dissatisfaction to the Board....emails....letters to newspapers....radio interviews....website opinion...la de da de da. If after all this the Board still ignores the issues and fails to show ambition....then it will naturally get unpleasant. It needs no ring leader or big gob up front....just a show of the depth of supporters unease. If we leave it too late....such as with NW....then we are lost. If the Board ignores the fans'' reasoned appeals....not only are we lost....we are in free fall.

On this occasion....complaining about the current mess is essential....not ''negative''. In truth the ''negative'' here is to turn away and pretend things are not happening......but of course we are all entitled to make whatever choice we want. I support the CLUB as I have always done and not any individual in it......the two must never be confused. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What are our aims?

Or maybe get it written into his contract that he plays Safri instead of Robinson?

Surely we have done what the constructive fans wanted. OK it was done a bit late for some, but all the constructive criticism in the world can''t turn the clock back!!

[/quote]

We do realise you were an ardent supporter of Worthington - so we have to take any football related opinions with a pinch of salt.  But your constant slagging of the protests which were needed as although the club followed the Charlton model - Charlton hadnt actually had a failing manager to sack.  When they did they sacked him and quick sharp too.  Our board now has this new information about the Charlton model to take onboard.

Grant is proving himself to not be up to the job at the moment.  Sacking him now would be foolish, but if we drop much closer to the relegation zone it will have to be a serious consideration.  We are following the Charlton model after all.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All very good Cluck, but what are we supposed to be complaining about?

[/quote]

Well Nutty...if you have to ask this question I give up.........

Maybe I have taken your questions a bit too seriously and tried to answer them logically...because if you can''t see anything to complain about at CR right now.......all I can say is we live on different planets. I go to football to see passion and endeavour with a liberal sprinkling of skill....so perhaps it''s just me all along who has lost the plot..and everything is just fine as it is.........

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What are our aims?

[/quote]

We do realise you were an ardent supporter of Worthington - so we have to take any football related opinions with a pinch of salt.  But your constant slagging of the protests which were needed as although the club followed the Charlton model - Charlton hadnt actually had a failing manager to sack.  When they did they sacked him and quick sharp too.  Our board now has this new information about the Charlton model to take onboard.

Grant is proving himself to not be up to the job at the moment.  Sacking him now would be foolish, but if we drop much closer to the relegation zone it will have to be a serious consideration.  We are following the Charlton model after all.....

[/quote]

Was I an ardent supporter of Worthington? I don''t think so! But I did criticise some of the pathetic posts attacking him both before and after he left. There was enough reason for him to go due to poor results and the abysmal away record without making stuff up. You know that''s true too!

But you still haven''t answered what constructive things we should be doing. You say sacking Grant now would be foolish, so what should we be doing?

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

All very good Cluck, but what are we supposed to be complaining about?

[/quote]

Well Nutty...if you have to ask this question I give up.........

Maybe I have taken your questions a bit too seriously and tried to answer them logically...because if you can''t see anything to complain about at CR right now.......all I can say is we live on different planets. I go to football to see passion and endeavour with a liberal sprinkling of skill....so perhaps it''s just me all along who has lost the plot..and everything is just fine as it is.........

[/quote]

very good

But you still haven''t answered my question. What constructive things can we do and what is it we need to change? Or should we just complain that we are not winning games and we don''t like the players the manager picks? Or should we press them to sack the manager again? If so what constructive things do we do make this happen? Is it the Board because they didn''t act to sack Worthington earlier? If so how do we turn the clock back? Is it the players? If so what can we do constructively to make them better? Maybe your goodself, CJF and Smudger could take training for a few weeks and pick the team while the manager learns his trade from you!

I''m not sure we live on different planets but Plymouth was a long trip for me.

what can we do? support the team on matchdays and hope Grant proves to be a decent manager or the board have the guts to chop him if this is not the case.  also hope the board back him in january.  That is all.

The club has shown itself to be deaf to the words of supporters after the ridiculous Worthington saga dragged and dragged.

Doesn''t mean we can''t discuss stuff on message boards mind.