Sign in to follow this  
Editor of Milk

Neil Doncaster's fondness for transparency and our transfer budget in January....

Doncaster loves to go on about how transparent the club is. Apparently it''s sometimes to the detrinment of the club - although they are only transparent when it suits them. How transparent where they about our wage bill last year which is apprently now the root of all our financual problems? Anyhow, putting that aside for one moment, I was re-reading the Doncaster article about the failed sigining of David Cotterill and I couldn''t help wondering what sort of financial trouble we have been in HAD we signed him or HAD Leon McKenzie or Robert Green not have left. With the profit we made on Dean Ashton as well (I don''t believe the rubbish about us not making anything on this deal - its simple maths) we must have at least £3.5 million to spend BEFORE the inevitable sale of Robert Earnshaw. http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NeilDoncaster&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=NeilDoncaster&itemid=NOED01%20Sep%202006%2008%3A25%3A25%3A167