Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Norwich City FC is finished!

As a football club, its dead and relegated. Yes, relegated, here''s why:

1. Earnie WILL be sold in January, and very little cash from the sale will ever reach Grant.

2. Grant will waste what little cash we do have, and will try to rely on Thorne to replace Earnshaw.

3. Season ticke sales will crumble as we inch ever nearer to relegation.

4. Directors will jump ship, hopefully the Stowmarket two!.

5. And this is the big one, we are relegated!.

6. Grant is made the scapegoat and sacked, Hucks and Co are sold, 10.000 gates are the norm.

This WILL happen very soon, scoff and have a go at me all you like , but know this: Thanks to the board, our club is dead, enjoy!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

As a football club, its dead and relegated. Yes, relegated, here''s why:

1. Earnie WILL be sold in January, and very little cash from the sale will ever reach Grant.

2. Grant will waste what little cash we do have, and will try to rely on Thorne to replace Earnshaw.

3. Season ticke sales will crumble as we inch ever nearer to relegation.

4. Directors will jump ship, hopefully the Stowmarket two!.

5. And this is the big one, we are relegated!.

6. Grant is made the scapegoat and sacked, Hucks and Co are sold, 10.000 gates are the norm.

This WILL happen very soon, scoff and have a go at me all you like , but know this: Thanks to the board, our club is dead, enjoy!.

[/quote]

If 1 happens the rest is a very real possibility. I can''t see even in our worst nightmares Peter Thorne being the chosen replacement for Earnie, but we''d have to replace him with quality and whether Grant can pick it is unknown until January. We simply don''t know. I will agree that this is the most crucial transfer window ever with the squad paper thin and the morale and confidence of the experienced players shattered. If Grant gets this wrong the repercussions are very serious indeed.

1st wizard i cant believe that im going to reply to this, but you really need to get a life. Stop trying to get loads of people to reply to you.

We all know what you think so why say it again. At the end of the day i aint getting myself worked up anymore, its a game and not worth losing any sleep over. Even if we do get relegated we will bounce back.

Cheer up, as you sound suicidal.

I wouldn''t agree about " finished " Wiz,  but I do share your despondency.

I fear we are going to have to through a "Notts Forest" type transition before we can hope to become optimistic again, but we will never be finished simply because of the hard core of 10,000 or so who have always been there during my 50 or so years of supporting our club.

Incidentally the "March" page of my new City calendar looks in danger of being redundant before I have even used it, could I get a refund maybe ?

A couple of weeks ago you posted that Earnie was not injured, had been sold and would never play for the club again. This was not the first time you had made predictions that are way off the mark.

You have no credibilty left so I''m afraid your tantrums are becoming meaningless.

I agree there are many reasons to be downcast but even if we do get relegated the club will continue to exist in League One so we will not be finished - but it will be a disgrace! 

Hey up Wizard......Punchy stuff again!.............Y]

There is a serious possibility that you will be proved right....as all of the points raised are possible.....and it has happened to plenty of other clubs before us. Why then should we be immune?

Luckily this division is appalling....so even under the present regime we will probably hang on....but what of the future? DS and Co have dragged us down here....so how are these same people going to get us out of it.....especially with a fraction of the income already squandered to play with?

As a club though we will always survive...just as Rotherham have. Maybe it is just ''our time'' to bottom out and rebuild like Forest and Sheffield Wednesday....and to be honest, I''d be happier paying to watch a bunch of cloggers giving it their all in League One than this pathetic shower who claim to be ''quality pros''....

Maybe a few kids.....and those who currently can''t afford it might even get a look in then......Bring on the Cherries.........[:(]

[quote user="Cluck"]

There is a serious possibility that you will be proved right....as all of the points raised are possible.....and it has happened to plenty of other clubs before us. Why then should we be immune?

Luckily this division is appalling....so even under the present regime we will probably hang on....but what of the future? DS and Co have dragged us down here....so how are these same people going to get us out of it.....especially with a fraction of the income already squandered to play with?

As a club though we will always survive...just as Rotherham have. Maybe it is just ''our time'' to bottom out and rebuild like Forest and Sheffield Wednesday....and to be honest, I''d be happier paying to watch a bunch of cloggers giving it their all in League One than this pathetic shower who claim to be ''quality pros''....

Maybe a few kids.....and those who currently can''t afford it might even get a look in then......Bring on the Cherries.........[:(]

[/quote]

For some technical reasons I haven''t been able to post replies for weeks & weeks & weeks, now suddenly I can. Reading all Cluck''s posts and not being able to respond has been infuriating. All I want to say is that I disagree with all the annoyingly negative opinions expressed. The worrying thing is that I think people begin to believe that this warped perception of events & causes actually bears some resemblance to reality 

Yup! Norwich City is finished.........It is to be re-branded and re-named, "DELIA''s DELIGHTFUL DINING BY FLOODLIGHT Plc".......allegedly......

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

For some technical reasons I haven''t been able to post replies for weeks & weeks & weeks, now suddenly I can. Reading all Cluck''s posts and not being able to respond has been infuriating. All I want to say is that I disagree with all the annoyingly negative opinions expressed. The worrying thing is that I think people begin to believe that this warped perception of events & causes actually bears some resemblance to reality 

[/quote]

Who cares about reality? The board have been living in Cuckoocarraland for the last two years at least.......Oh, and sorry to hear you''ve got your infuriating technical reasons sorted.

"Mr Spock, give me ''warped'' factor 7."

Wiz

How do we know that Grant will waste any cash he''s given? Only player hes brought in so far is Chadwick and he seems a good prospect to me?

I''m fed up too but lets be fair to the guy and not judge any signings until we''ve actually seen them play.

CA

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you Shrimper...I''m pleased to have been of service........[:)]

However.....do you honestly believe someone on an internet forum can have any sway on how people think? Give it rest please....but what I may have done is shown that reasoned dissent is permissable on here....and that ''packing on'' or ''labelling'' of fellow posters is a total waste of time. All of us are entitled to a view....and that includes those of us who want something rather better for our money.

Feel free to join the firing squad queue...........[Y]

My god Wiz,you get worse by the day. There use to be a time when i would read your post & have a little chuckle to myself. Now i am begining to find them a tad boring im afraid!

Its your wife i feel sorry for. Are you so negative in real life? Or just on the message boards?

I just hope she has a good stock of anti depressants.

I hail you Mrs Wiz, you must be one in a million!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Are you so negative in real life? Or just on the message boards?

I just hope she has a good stock of anti depressants.

I hail you Mrs Wiz, you must be one in a million!

[/quote]

Two Sheds:

Me negative?, away from NCFC I''m a happy old soul, but the current situation at theclub is doing my head in, and running me down terribly. I know we BOTH want City to do well, but I haven''t your patience , or the expected lifespan left for that I''m afraid.

City Angel:

My dear Angel, I just wish I had your confidence girl, I don''t think PG will have that much to spend , even if Earnie is sold as I believe he will be. Please remember, Grant is untried and untested, does that not worry you?, because sure as hell, it does me!.

Wiz me old mucker, i neither have the patience anymore. Infact i have probably posted a handfull of posts since Grunt came in to manage us. Maybe ''manage'' is the wrong word after all there is naff all difference with the team since worthless left......so i wonder who is managing us?  I really cant be bothered to post much anymore,its so depressing on here at the moment it does my nut in!

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Funny that Cluck...

Doomcaster pretty much told me the same thing on the phone today...  that maybe it was a case of swings and roundabouts...  that we were now suffering from negativity after a season of over achieving...

Blimey I nearly even ended up falling for his spin and feeling sorry for him & the other poor souls on the board in the firing line....  NEARLY I said...  not quite!!!

Avoided my most pertinent questions of course...

1)  How large a share in NCFC could somebody possibly purchase for £20million plus?

2)  Why in our current boardrooms eyes is it so important that any potential investor already has links with NCFC?

Seemed to be stating that the current board will ride out the relegation storm whatever happens!!!

Wiz

It''s the people with 5 year season tickets I feel sorry for. Say they had 3 years left and the club was wound up.

What a diabolical liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Mr Wizard, can you not wave your magic wand and cast a spell to make us the most successful club in the world?

More seriously, what is your point? You say NCFC is finished, it is dead and it is relegated. At the moment, none of them are true. You say that thanks to our board, the club is dead. Explain more what you mean by this.

Leeds United are a club much nearer to death financially and much closer to relegation. They currently struggle to fill half the stadium that they currently RENT and have nothing left to sell HAVING SPENT MILLIONS ON PLAYERS with MONEY THEY DIDNT HAVE and without the required result of European or even premiership football to pay for this outlay.

It was not long ago that you wanted the directors to go. Are you now saying that if they do, then we will be relegated?

You say that PG will waste the little money he is given. Perhaps from your crystal ball you can tell us who he buys?

We will have NO money from any Earnshaw sale IF the sale only happens on Jan 31st. That is why we had no money from the McKenzie sale. If we sell him earlier, then we will have money to spend, but the price of our target players will go up as the selling club will know what money we have.

You say that PG will be made a scapegoat and sacked. Is that not what you want? Every day you want the club to spend £1.8m sacking Grant (estimated at 3years contratc of £600K)

The more i read what you write, the more i think you are a director of Leeds United! They are still paying the wages of 3 sacked managers, 11 transferred players, and have sold everything they have asset wise.

The club is not dead and will not die, even if 10,000 gates are the norm and it may not operate the way each of us want, or in the division to which we aspire, but it will not die because everyone on this board cares about the club.

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]Mr Wizard, can you not wave your magic wand and cast a spell to make us the most successful club in the world? More seriously, what is your point? You say NCFC is finished, it is dead and it is relegated. At the moment, none of them are true. You say that thanks to our board, the club is dead. Explain more what you mean by this. Leeds United are a club much nearer to death financially and much closer to relegation. They currently struggle to fill half the stadium that they currently RENT and have nothing left to sell HAVING SPENT MILLIONS ON PLAYERS with MONEY THEY DIDNT HAVE and without the required result of European or even premiership football to pay for this outlay. It was not long ago that you wanted the directors to go. Are you now saying that if they do, then we will be relegated? You say that PG will waste the little money he is given. Perhaps from your crystal ball you can tell us who he buys? We will have NO money from any Earnshaw sale IF the sale only happens on Jan 31st. That is why we had no money from the McKenzie sale. If we sell him earlier, then we will have money to spend, but the price of our target players will go up as the selling club will know what money we have. You say that PG will be made a scapegoat and sacked. Is that not what you want? Every day you want the club to spend £1.8m sacking Grant (estimated at 3years contratc of £600K) The more i read what you write, the more i think you are a director of Leeds United! They are still paying the wages of 3 sacked managers, 11 transferred players, and have sold everything they have asset wise. The club is not dead and will not die, even if 10,000 gates are the norm and it may not operate the way each of us want, or in the division to which we aspire, but it will not die because everyone on this board cares about the club.[/quote]

As fagin said "I think I better think it out again!!!"

We have hardly made the kind of investment on players that Leeds made under Loopy O''leary though have we???

Interesting doom theory but I think you need to extend it a season. I reckon in 18 months if everything goes wrong we will be relegated after playing in this division in front of 10,000 fans.However I think we will only know after January, you never know, the big mouthed one may be as good as he thinks he is in the transfer market.  It is also what a lot of other fans I know say they are basing their season ticket renewals on.  Not me however, I''m a mug and will turn up regardless.[:)]

[quote]

City Angel:

My dear Angel, I just wish I had your confidence girl, I don''t think PG will have that much to spend , even if Earnie is sold as I believe he will be. Please remember, Grant is untried and untested, does that not worry you?, because sure as hell, it does me!.

[/quote]

Its not that I''ve got confidence in him Wiz I just dont understand how you can prejudge any players he buys before you''ve seen who he buys and more importantly seen them play yourself

CA

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Wiz

It''s the people with 5 year season tickets I feel sorry for. Say they had 3 years left and the club was wound up.

What a diabolical liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[/quote]

im in that Category!

jas :)

7. Norwich lose to Tamworth in the FA Cup, resulting in Delia''s and co''s unfortunate lynching from atop Tamworth Castle.

To everyone who''s replied so far:

My ''doom'' theory is just that, a theory. I speak in general terms, I''m almost certain because of financial restraints, PG will go for cheap Scottish c**p players. This policy will get us relegated when Earnie is sold, and PG will be sacrificed by a cowardly board to cover their original error of appointing him.

So, to all intents and purposes, Norwich City FC is finished.............................as a viable, ambitious, and glory hunting club. Thats what I meant, the board has killed the club I first loved. I remember how City use to be, before that cook got her greasey hands on it, and even before Chase mucked it up.

City''s heart and spirit has been badly damaged, those who can''t, or won''t, see that, aren''t real City supporters at all!.

Digest that at your leisure.

My ''doom'' theory is just that, a theory. I speak in general terms, I''m almost certain because of financial restraints, PG will go for cheap Scottish c**p players. This policy will get us relegated when Earnie is sold, and PG will be sacrificed by a cowardly board to cover their original error of appointing him.

So, to all intents and purposes, Norwich City FC is finished.............................as a viable, ambitious, and glory hunting club. Thats what I meant, the board has killed the club I first loved. I remember how City use to be, before that cook got her greasey hands on it, and even before Chase mucked it up.

City''s heart and spirit has been badly damaged, those who can''t, or won''t, see that, aren''t real City supporters at all!.

[/quote]

Yep thats the Wiz that most of us know & love , you are not far off the rails Wiz , people are starting to listen to you now, carry on, you old  star of the east.

I don''t know that Scottish players are necessarily bad - I quite like the sound of the two we''ve been linked with so far - and one of them''s an Aussie (called MacDonald!)

[/quote]

Hang on Wiz, you were shouting for Chase to be brought back a couple of weeks ago!!! Now he mucked it up!

I sense someone''s been being a naughty, little wind-up again...!

Yeah Wiz where are you? are you going to explain about Chase mucked it up? Thought you want him back????????

Im all confused. I think you talk out of your arse.