Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Will Anti-Board Protests Begin If Earnshaw Is Sold?

I for one will be extremely angry if our beloved board decide to sell Earnie - especially if he''s sold at the kind of bargain-basement price that has been rumoured (£4.5 million). That''s peanuts for a proven goal scorer, and surely we are not in such a financially constrained position that we have to sell. If our wonderful board do sell him for a knock-down fee, how much of this sum will be available for Grant''s transfer kitty? Not all of it that''s for sure. We are still waiting with baited breath for any residue from the Green, Ashton and McKenzie sales. So if Earnshaw is sold, will just accept the situation as inevitable or start chanting for the board to go?

I certainly won''t be happysame goes for if Safri goes,i probably wont protest, i just wont be coming next season, or any timein the short term future.

hit them where it hurts; their pockets.

no the modern day cardboard cut out city fans stand for anything HRH Delia does, remember she is our saviour, funny i dont feel very saved at the moment, hush my mouth.

Oh for God''s sake will you please stop it? If / when he is sold he will be sold for a profit. This team of ours needs major surgury and it will need investment to do it. there is no doubt that at the end of the season we will still be in this division (live with it!) we will then sell Ernie as he will ask to go (any one scores 20/25 goals in a season will comand a good price) The money will then need to be re-invested in 3 or 4 new faces at least. Silly posts about "chanting for the board to go" are neither productive or helpfull in pursuading new players that it is a good club to come to. The players we have at the moment are for the most part NOT good enough and that is NOT down to P.G. and to be honest not down to the board as i would hate to see any Board of directors picking the players we want to buy, the next step would be picking the team!!

As much as I loath our sterile board, there is no point protesting when Earnshaw gets sold. If I were in his shoes, I would get out of here as fast as I could - We are in no position to keep him. I''m more concerned about a replacement - he has to be right or we are in deep trouble.

As for Safri, to paraphrase the stock-exchange "SELL, SELL, SELL". Grant knows he can''t do what he''s told and so do I. Any player who consistently does not follow instructions is a complete and utter waste of time and that player is Safri. He is a non-tackling liability who some fans have unwisely promoted to ''God like'' status. What next, HRH Adam Drury?

At least I can remember the days when we actually had a midfield...

[quote user="ricky knight"]see this is what you are up against, blind faith and stupidity.[/quote]

What good realistically would getting a new board in do? At least we have Delia who is passionate about the football club, agreed that we arnt in the healthiest looking position at the moment but i cant see how changing the board would help unless an anonomous Russian billionaire flying over Norwich took a shine to us...

[quote user="ricky knight"]see this is what you are up against, blind faith and stupidity.[/quote]

Why do you have to be "up against" anyone? And why is someone with a different viewpoint stupid?

If safri goes it will be bad enough if earnie goes as well what will we be left with.I  will tell you a relegation dog fight a crap board and a inexperienced  muppet of a manager happy new year to all.

probably not... because we all expect it... and lets be realistic, although Earnshaw says "im happy at Norwich etc..." Would u pass up the chance of playing in the premiership to stay at a team getting walloped by Stoke and drawing 0-0 with a 10 man league 1 side?

Funny how when the big boys come knocking Earnie will conveniantly forget how "happy he is to stay" and get the first train to Premiership Station isnt it?

jas :)

Why do we always have to be the selling-club? Why do so many of you accept the sales of our best players, with hardly a whimper of dissent? Surely the sale of Earnie would be one sale too many? What really niggles me is that small clubs such as Bolton, Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and Wigan (all smaller clubs than City) can have so much ambition, and we have so little. Have we reached rock bottom yet? That dismal, dire performance against lowly 10 man Southend must have been pretty close! Prudence with ambition - My Arse! We now have prudence with zero ambition.

because when we are in div 2, you will all be still saying, wait for the january sales, give grant a chance, Delia saved us, You cant see in front of your noses. excuse me but Rome is burning.

I am not surprised that Safri does not carry out McMouth’s instructions, as he probably can’t understand them. Same goes for the rest of the team. Get an interpreter in quick.

So now anyone who disagrees with you have ''blind faith'' i.e Doesnt know. But not only that, are also stupid for having a different viewpoint.

FFs, shutup.

[quote user="hogesar"]

So now anyone who disagrees with you have ''blind faith'' i.e Doesnt know. But not only that, are also stupid for having a different viewpoint.

FFs, shutup.

[/quote]

ok mate we will see very soon who is right and who is wrong, if i am wrong i will apologise, will you?

Do people miss the protests that much that not even three months after Worthington was sacked they want to start another one???

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]Why do we always have to be the selling-club? Why do so many of you accept the sales of our best players, with hardly a whimper of dissent? Surely the sale of Earnie would be one sale too many? What really niggles me is that small clubs such as Bolton, Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and Wigan (all smaller clubs than City) can have so much ambition, and we have so little. Have we reached rock bottom yet? That dismal, dire performance against lowly 10 man Southend must have been pretty close! Prudence with ambition - My Arse! We now have prudence with zero ambition.[/quote]

Your not serious? Bolton, Fulham and Blackburn all smaller clubs? Wigan yes maybe but then you are looking at their suger daddy keeping them safe when they can only get 14,000 fans at home to Arsenal and I can tell you most of them wont be there to watch the home team!

The reality is that there are very few clubs that don''t have to sell to survive and the premiership is a good example. Generaly speaking any of the clubs that fail to finnish in the champions league or european cup spots will probably find it difficult to resist offers for their best players.

Infact you mention Blackburn who are finding it difficult to resist the temptations of Lucas Neil joining Liverpool. Bolton are trying to keep Chelseas millions away from Ben Haim, and Fulham seem to be defending Diop a lot. As a lot of managers say every player has his price and there are very few clubs that are not in that position these days.

Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are probably the only clubs bar perhaps Liverpool that can easily knock back offers for players and even then sometimes you will be surprised when they feel a player can go such as Viera. Then again Manchester United have been selling players for years, Mulryne, Chadwick, Heckingbottom and Notman to name just four that started there and moved on eventually to our club. It may not seem a lot but if every couple of years you sell most of your reserves for on average £100k you make around £1million there and then, I seem to remember that Mullers cost close to £500k and Notman £200k although they are from the more murky depths of my imagination.

[quote user="ricky knight"]see this is what you are up against, blind faith and stupidity.[/quote] I take great exception to your childish name calling "ricky" I am neither blind, faithless or stupid!Angry [:@], all I did was put my point of veiw, I do not believe the current situation is anywere good enough but, I am willing to do what used to be common practice when a new manager came to this club. WAIT UNTILL THE GUY HAS GOT HIS OWN PLAYERS INTO THE MIX. There really is no point knee jerking this soon into a new managerial reign, he must be given time to mould a squad , (which, by the way Worthington never did.)  Please try to accept other points of veiw , it is the adult thing to do!!Big Smile [:D]

sorry pal when i started supporting city in the 60s supporters had a bit of bottle and ambition, i have slung money in to help buy players cause thats how much we loved our club, we followed them around in our thousands in the old 2nd division, we were all on the same hymn sheet looking for the promised land, the players stopped at the same fish shop on the way home from away games, we were one with the same principles and ideas mate. i dont recognise this shambles we have now, pompous prats in charge, over paid super stars going through the motions and supporters with no passion telling me it will be alright. dont make me laugh, this is not our club anymore pal its theres, that lot down the road have more bottle.

[quote user="ricky knight"]sorry pal when i started supporting city in the 60s supporters had a bit of bottle and ambition, i have slung money in to help buy players cause thats how much we loved our club, we followed them around in our thousands in the old 2nd division, we were all on the same hymn sheet looking for the promised land, the players stopped at the same fish shop on the way home from away games, we were one with the same principles and ideas mate. i dont recognise this shambles we have now, pompous prats in charge, over paid super stars going through the motions and supporters with no passion telling me it will be alright. dont make me laugh, this is not our club anymore pal its theres, that lot down the road have more bottle.[/quote]

That''s what makes it harder for us ''older'' supporters to take. I happily lived through this time too and while the ''old boys'' of the day groaned about the banning of the "shoulder barge" on the goalkeeper and scoffed at the "nancy boy" perms....we were all together as one......and the Board of Directors were largely anonymous. We didn''t really care who they were and we knew the football team on the pitch was their priority. No fancy restaurant and hotel rubbish to deflect their investment....there were already plenty of those in the City.

If however all you have known is Delia''s tenure...then I guess you would have a different view of things. Before anyone jumps on me accusing me of saying "us older fans are better than you youngsters".......that is not the point I''m making....but it may explain why we don''t share this current belief in what''s going on. We know things were better then....and we know things could be better again....but we must think positively about what can be done about it rather than just throwing our arms up to defend the indefenceable.

I don''t understand why so many of us seem so afraid to move on........

[quote user="chicken"]

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]Why do we always have to be the selling-club? Why do so many of you accept the sales of our best players, with hardly a whimper of dissent? Surely the sale of Earnie would be one sale too many? What really niggles me is that small clubs such as Bolton, Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and Wigan (all smaller clubs than City) can have so much ambition, and we have so little. Have we reached rock bottom yet? That dismal, dire performance against lowly 10 man Southend must have been pretty close! Prudence with ambition - My Arse! We now have prudence with zero ambition.[/quote]

Your not serious? Bolton, Fulham and Blackburn all smaller clubs? Wigan yes maybe but then you are looking at their suger daddy keeping them safe when they can only get 14,000 fans at home to Arsenal and I can tell you most of them wont be there to watch the home team!

The reality is that there are very few clubs that don''t have to sell to survive and the premiership is a good example. Generaly speaking any of the clubs that fail to finnish in the champions league or european cup spots will probably find it difficult to resist offers for their best players.

Infact you mention Blackburn who are finding it difficult to resist the temptations of Lucas Neil joining Liverpool. Bolton are trying to keep Chelseas millions away from Ben Haim, and Fulham seem to be defending Diop a lot. As a lot of managers say every player has his price and there are very few clubs that are not in that position these days.

Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are probably the only clubs bar perhaps Liverpool that can easily knock back offers for players and even then sometimes you will be surprised when they feel a player can go such as Viera. Then again Manchester United have been selling players for years, Mulryne, Chadwick, Heckingbottom and Notman to name just four that started there and moved on eventually to our club. It may not seem a lot but if every couple of years you sell most of your reserves for on average £100k you make around £1million there and then, I seem to remember that Mullers cost close to £500k and Notman £200k although they are from the more murky depths of my imagination.

[/quote]

Yes, chicken,  all the clubs I mentioned are smaller on the basis of their fan bases. They have smaller average attendances than we do, even though we are in a lower league than them.. If we were an established Premiership side and we had a bigger stadium, I''m sure we would have no problem in attracting 30,000 plus spectators to most matches.

[quote user="carpio"]Oh for God''s sake will you please stop it? If / when he is sold he will be sold for a profit. This team of ours needs major surgury and it will need investment to do it. there is no doubt that at the end of the season we will still be in this division (live with it!) we will then sell Ernie as he will ask to go (any one scores 20/25 goals in a season will comand a good price) The money will then need to be re-invested in 3 or 4 new faces at least. Silly posts about "chanting for the board to go" are neither productive or helpfull in pursuading new players that it is a good club to come to. The players we have at the moment are for the most part NOT good enough and that is NOT down to P.G. and to be honest not down to the board as i would hate to see any Board of directors picking the players we want to buy, the next step would be picking the team!! [/quote]What profit would that be, we still owe a large chunk of cash to WBA for ernie thanks to doomcaster. so by the time we pay  that try getting 3 or 4   new faces in for a million quid. I don''t think so. It''s silly posts like yours, which is written by someone who does not grasp the situation we are in. PG excepted the job knowing what squad he had and by his own admission thought we would by higher up the table.........