Sign in to follow this  
ca

Xmas posting from NCISA Website

Just reading the last posting on the NCISA website which was written by Chris Read, a committee member and was thinking that the poor chap didn''t get much right with his last paragraph or so, which reads

The league is tight and I am sure we will make headway and improve our position over the festive period.

We do have the players to compete in this league, as we showed during our five game run earlier in the season. It is just a case of getting them all to perform to these levels on a more consistent basis.

All I ask is that all supporters get behind the team and don''t expect too much during the January transfer window as the funds are not there for wholesale transfers in.

Personally I can''t see us improving our position over the festive period , we haven''t got the players to compete in this league and if the funds are not there Chris what has happened to the £2m we bid for Cotterill in August?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just reading the last posting on the NCISA website which was written by Chris Read, a committee member and was thinking that the poor chap didn''t get much right with his last paragraph or so, which reads

The league is tight and I am sure we will make headway and improve our position over the festive period.

We do have the players to compete in this league, as we showed during our five game run earlier in the season. It is just a case of getting them all to perform to these levels on a more consistent basis.

All I ask is that all supporters get behind the team and don''t expect too much during the January transfer window as the funds are not there for wholesale transfers in.

Personally I can''t see us improving our position over the festive period , we haven''t got the players to compete in this league and if the funds are not there Chris what has happened to the £2m we bid for Cotterill in August?

[/quote]

Is Chris Read Mr Doncasters drinking buddie? Has Chris had lunch with Delia and Michael in their Stowmarket residence?.....Is he of this planet? Does he wear the same rosey tinted welding goggles as the NCFC board on matchdays? Is he after a job in the NCFC ''meejah'' department?.......[8-)]

Don''t expect an answer CA. There''s more sense posted on this messageboard than in those articles and at least people can challenge opinions on this board.

Nice to see Andy Hughes didn''t get the sack afterall but whatever happened to that Rossi chap who used to post on here all the time?

Nice post CA......and another nice dose of official spin.......When are they going to wise up to the fact that us mugs are onto them?..............

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck"]

and another nice dose of official spin.......[/quote]

How is it official cluck?

[/quote]

Official as in ''linked to an official group''........The club itself doesn''t have a monopoly on the word Nutty. I just have a natural distrust of any spokesman/woman of any kind through my business dealings......as they rarely represent the true thoughts of those they claim to speak for......

I''ve just read the whole thing, and what a fantastic and enlightening NCISA column it was by Chris Read. Not.

It strikes me as being just a collection of random words chucked together in no particular order.

Yes Chris seems to be living in cuckoo land, yet  if you read the previous weeks column  by Kathy Blake entitled '' Out with the old and in with the new '' you''ll see that some of their committee have got their eyes wide open and can see clearly what the rest of us can see.

An extract from Kathy''s column

I''ve got that April feeling. You know the one - where your team isn''t going to make the play-offs but on the other hand is unlikely to get relegated.

You just want to get the season over and done with, refresh and regroup and look forward to August. Trouble is, it is only December. We are only halfway through.

Of course I could be completely wrong. City could now embark on a winning run, string a few results together and reach the FA Cup final into the bargain. I would love that.

Unfortunately what I see and hear tells me otherwise. On the pitch I see a team that is devoid of ideas, confidence and ability. A team that seems unable to follow simple instructiuons and is being paid lots of money.

Off the pitch I hear that despite the income streams and the prudence, there is very little money to spend on replacements.

Does that date from this or last christmas?   The sentiments are indentical and show how much we have stagnated over the last twelve months - taking  10 of them to change manager was the prime problem so to expect instant change from the new man in charge is a little optimistic.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes Chris seems to be living in cuckoo land, yet  if you read the previous weeks column  by Kathy Blake entitled '' Out with the old and in with the new '' you''ll see that some of their committee have got their eyes wide open and can see clearly what the rest of us can see.

[/quote]

Kathy''s coloumn are certainly the best in that section CA, and she talks a lot of sense but then I feel she spoils it by the usual attack on Worthington and his famous "judge me on the team I build" comments.

The only thing that managers can be judged on is performances and results. It''s time to stop blaming Worthy now. I don''t accept the players Grant inherited are worse than the players Hamilton left. Whatever fans think of Hughes, Doherty and Robinson they must be better than De Waard, Walsh and Derveld! And Hamilton didn''t leave a Huckerby or Earnshaw did he?

So judge them on results and you will see that in Worthingtons first 14 games our record was:-

P14 W6 D5 L3 F16 A12 Pts23

Wheras Grants first 14:-

P14 W5 D4 L5 F14 A18 Pts19.

Of course Worthington didn''t have the transfer window to slow him up so the comparisons are a bit unfair. However, Grant has had other options and has continued to make the same decisions as Worthington did.

He virtually ignores McVeigh which was one of the reasons the fans hated Worthy.

He plays Robinson every game which was another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He prefers Thorne to Jarvis which is another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He plays Fleming in front of youth which is another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He criticises Hucks, which is another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He had a go at the fans, which is yet another reason they hated Worthy.

I could go on but I''m bored and you probably are too. Worthington is gone. The fans and especially NCISA have got what they wanted and it''s too late to change it now. Grant has a long contract and it''s going to take him time, quite possibly because of today''s restrictions a lot more time than it took Worthington, to turn things round.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Kathy''s coloumn are certainly the best in that section CA, and she talks a lot of sense but then I feel she spoils it by the usual attack on Worthington and his famous "judge me on the team I build" comments.

The only thing that managers can be judged on is performances and results. It''s time to stop blaming Worthy now. I don''t accept the players Grant inherited are worse than the players Hamilton left. Whatever fans think of Hughes, Doherty and Robinson they must be better than De Waard, Walsh and Derveld! And Hamilton didn''t leave a Huckerby or Earnshaw did he?

So judge them on results and you will see that in Worthingtons first 14 games our record was:-

P14 W6 D5 L3 F16 A12 Pts23

Wheras Grants first 14:-

P14 W5 D4 L5 F14 A18 Pts19.

Of course Worthington didn''t have the transfer window to slow him up so the comparisons are a bit unfair. However, Grant has had other options and has continued to make the same decisions as Worthington did.

He virtually ignores McVeigh which was one of the reasons the fans hated Worthy.

He plays Robinson every game which was another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He prefers Thorne to Jarvis which is another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He plays Fleming in front of youth which is another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He criticises Hucks, which is another reason the fans hated Worthy.

He had a go at the fans, which is yet another reason they hated Worthy.

I could go on but I''m bored and you probably are too. Worthington is gone. The fans and especially NCISA have got what they wanted and it''s too late to change it now. Grant has a long contract and it''s going to take him time, quite possibly because of today''s restrictions a lot more time than it took Worthington, to turn things round.

[/quote]

I like your list Nige!!  Worthington left us in 19th position - It shows me that the board have just hired a worthy clone - hence no improvement in results.  In fact by playing the awful Robinson ahead of Safri he is showing himself to be a worse manager.

Andy Hughes has only started 2 of our 8 league wins this season.  Says it all really - even worthy had realised he wasnt worth playing. He and Bobinson are now favorites of the inept new manager.

Our board are plain stupid I fear - Barry Skipper has already shown his intelligence. The mouth of Scotland sweet talked himself into the job he was not experienced enough to take on.  And experienced man like Joe Royle would have had us further up the league at this point.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Isnt Chris Read the "infamous Rossi"?, if I have got that wrong I apologise unreservedly. I do not know Kathy, but from what I have read and heard about her she is about the only member of the NCISA committe I have any time for.[/quote]

No Chris Read is not Rossi and thats a fact!

I''ve recently had the pleasure of meeting Kathy , she''s a great bubbly person, passionate about her team and doesn''t live in cuckoo land.

NCISA without Kathy would be like Norwich City without Hucks [:)]

CJF..

The list was just part of the post, I am not particularly anti Peter Grant but I am a little disappointed so far. But as I said further down the post, I fear it''s going to take time to turn round. More time than the fans expected and more time than many have the patience for.

To go back on the subject of the postings from NCISA it appears they are fully behind Peter Grant and much more impressed than you.

I’d hate to say I told you so...

JOHN TILSON, NCISA

There is only one topic to write about this week or rather one man, that man being Peter Grant.

From a personal point of view for those that were prepared to listen to me, I said months ago that if there was to be a change of manager Peter Grant would be top of my shopping list.

Today this may indeed sound arrogant, conceited or whatever now that the events of Monday have taken place.

Hare are just a few of the reasons why I chose the man who I believe to come from the same school of football thinking and man-management as Martin O''Neill.

1) Back in 1997 I had the great pleasure of collecting Peter from his Norwich hotel to take to a NCISA forum. There he spoke for an hour and a half with great thought and sincerity, never once repeating himself. Every question received a five minute answer. The man won over a hundred new admirers that night.

2) His CV shows almost 500 games for Celtic playing every couple of weeks in front of 50,000 plus vociferous ''Jocks''. That is where Mr Grant''s passion and commitment comes from.

3) Two play-off finals and an FA Cup final as a number two at West Ham.

4) His ambition is surely one day to be manager of Celtic. First he must prove himself as a successful manager in his own right. What better place to attempt to achieve his goals than Norwich City, a club and an area he is already familiar with.

5) His composure and articulate manner in front of the media will win many admirers who are not fans of Norwich City, in other words a true ambassador for our beloved club. No spin, just football talk as we all understand.

To quote the Plymouth Argyle manager Ian Holloway the appointment of Peter Grant has made me “as happy as a badger on the first day of the mating season”.

This final paragraph to me helps my belief that we have found our new hero who is a true gentleman.

Did anyone notice that Peter stood behind his chair at the press conference and did not take his place until Delia on his immediate right had sat down. The man has class!

The future is bright, the future is Yellow.

But he wrote that back in October Nutty Nigel, he may think differently now 2 months later.

He''d have to be mega-fickle to change his mind that much in less than 3 months!

Is mega-fickle a word?? [:D]

We are all disappointed CA, we weren''t expecting this when Grant took over. He deserves time though and maybe us fans have got to be brave and believe!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We are all disappointed CA, we weren''t expecting this when Grant took over. He deserves time though and maybe us fans have got to be brave and believe!

[/quote]

its very difficult to be brave and beleive when the guy in charge comes across as tactically inept and keeps playing the appalling Robbo and Etuhu whilst Yousseff Safri is left out.

HE IS COSTING US VALUABLE POINTS WITH THESE PATHETIC DECISIONS.

I too would like to see Safri play, but the man himself acknowledges he needs to adapt, if he is to fit into a 4-4-2 formation, the formation most fans and PG seem to prefer. I hope he is able to do so, but suggest that his inability to fit the formation doesn''t make Grant tactically inept.Merry Christmas Foghorn [:D] don''t forget we''re closed on New Years Eve!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]

Merry Christmas Foghorn [:D] don''t forget we''re closed on New Years Eve!
[/quote]

Merry Christmas Fat Barman! [8-|] Are you really closed new years!! [^o)] lol

I''m in london new years eve, meeting fellow city fan Jason who used to be a regular in your fine tavern!  I forked out 30 quid to go to Dump Selhurst Park and watch us get beat if history is anything to go by.  You never can tell mind- we need a good start to 2007 to wipe 2006 from the mind!

As for Granty - I hope he comes good. I''m not sure he realised the size of the job he walked into here - he certainly does now!!

Does anybody remember that bastard of a PE teacher who would always play his ''pet'' pupil in the school team.....despite being total crap?  It rather smells of the same to me......[+o(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He''d have to be mega-fickle to change his mind that much in less than 3 months!

We are all disappointed CA, we weren''t expecting this when Grant took over. He deserves time though and maybe us fans have got to be brave and believe![/quote]

This is his latest piece Nutty Nigel, reading in between the lines he sounds as fed up as the rest of us now [:)]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/NCISA.aspx

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

We are all disappointed CA, we weren''t expecting this when Grant took over. He deserves time though and maybe us fans have got to be brave and believe![/quote]

This is his latest piece Nutty Nigel, reading in between the lines he sounds as fed up as the rest of us now [:)]

[/quote]

He sounds fed up with how things are going, as we all are - but certainly not with the manager.  Indeed, he says that Grant will suffer the backlash and that he wishes him all the best.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Nope.. he''s still fed up with Worthington and the board for not sacking him when he asked them to. He''s fed up with MLJ and Dickson, and he''s fed up with Doncaster. He''s concerned that Peter Grant will get the flak for anything that goes wrong while he is manager and he doesn''t say how long into his tenure we can continue to blame Worthington and the rubbish he signed.

Isn''t it strange that 16 goal Earnshaw is never labeled a Worthington signing?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Nope.. he''s still fed up w

ith Worthington and the board for not sacking him when he asked them to. He''s fed up with MLJ and Dickson, and he''s fed up with Doncaster. He''s concerned that Peter Grant will get the flak for anything that goes wrong while he is manager and he doesn''t say how long into his tenure we can continue to blame Worthington and the rubbish he signed.

Isn''t it strange that 16 goal Earnshaw is never labeled a Worthington signing?

[/quote]

he did cost 3.5 million quid....  A good player.  Having said that a decent manager could have built a promotion challenging squad with that sort of money.