Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Server time outs

Not footy related at all, but the number of times I can''t get on to the BB due to server time outs is getting really annoying (broadband home and work). Any comments from the web team?

OTBC (so that this fits in vaguely with the footy nature!)

Ta

M

Yes it is annoying. Always seems to happen when I try to have a sneaky look in between my boss walking past the door.

Ah, yes, but it''s actually saved me on a couple of occasions - just as my boss walks past, all you can see on my screen is ''Server Timeout'', so I curse and say that research work is a pain in the **** etc etc!!

Slighlty on the same theme: I''ve noticed in the past few weeks that the forum remains dead for a few hours and then loads of posts and new threads appear at once. Is this my computer or is it just the page not being updated? T his isn''t a cuss to Peter or Vince or any of the web team in any way. We are all in debted to your fantastic work.

Messages posted daytimes should get approved within a few mins unless we''re busy with other things; all evenings, early weekday mornings (before 8.30am) and weekend mornings will take longer.

And it''s not just me and Pete - also Celia, Pat and Tracey.

Not forgetting those insomniacs that moderate late into the night. At least I have the engaged tone of the Glastonbury ticket line to listen to...

I guess I am in the wrong job if you lot are allowed to play on the internet and also have time to post whilst you''re at work.Wish I could find time to have proper lunch breaks etc never mind having time to play on the pink un site.I''m jealous!
Seriously though I will be glad when the system is updated,often find in the evenings I cant get in or its really slow which is so frustrating.
P.S. and before you spot it yes it is Friday but I have a day off and am at home today.