Sign in to follow this  
Mokey76

Tamworth Ticket Madness

Just a quick note on how our Club is run........

My mum phoned the box office on wednesday to get a ticket for the Tamworth match.  She was told that she couldn''t have one as they were only on sale to members and as she was a season ticket holder she should have made a written application for one.  She argued that as a season ticket holder, she was also a member, but the box office wouldn''t budge.  So now my dad is going to the Lamb on the way home from work tomorrow to get a a ticket for him and me mum (and hopefilly me!!) because Norwich won''t sell them a ticket!

And yes, she is complaining directly to Mr Doncaster.

Bit like the old chase days isn''t it!

Same sort of thing happened to me Katie.  As a member with 10 away stubs I''m only priority 3 and didn''t think I''d stand a chance with a written application.  I phoned up for one the other day and was told I''d missed the boat. 

its complete Crap!

I liked the good old "1st come first served".. when all tickets were avialable for Public sale (except the Derby of course) and u had to pop into the Ticket office or club shop in the Mall to get one... that way if u missed out it was simply a case of Cest la Vie...

Why cant we go back to that?

jas :)

I had a similar experience for the Crystal Palace home game this year. I''m a season ticket holder in the Barclay, sold my ticket back to the club in order to buy two for the Jarrold Stand so I could take the missus (poor thing). However, the club were not happy about this as they said I was not a member despite being a season ticket holder.

Incidently, I got a fiver for my Barclay ticket, but had to pay £54 for the new pair despite paying £340 for my season ticket. I''m still smarting over this one!!!

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Same sort of thing happened to me Katie.  As a member with 10 away stubs I''m only priority 3 and didn''t think I''d stand a chance with a written application.  I phoned up for one the other day and was told I''d missed the boat. 

[/quote]

As Priority Group 2 I wasn''t 100% certain I''d get a ticket and would probably have been in a ballot if the match wasn''t on the BBC.

It''s always best to submit an application anyway and easy to be wise after the event but I''m sure you know what to do next time, e,g, the Colchester game at Layer Road coming up next year

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I liked the good old "1st come first served".. when all tickets were avialable for Public sale (except the Derby of course) and u had to pop into the Ticket office or club shop in the Mall to get one... that way if u missed out it was simply a case of Cest la Vie...

[/quote]

Because it''s OK if you''re able to get to the Ticket Office or Club Shop but not so handy if you can''t...........

[quote user="KatieWestgate"]

My mum phoned the box office on wednesday to get a ticket for the Tamworth match.  She was told that she couldn''t have one as they were only on sale to members and as she was a season ticket holder she should have made a written application for one.  She argued that as a season ticket holder, she was also a member, but the box office wouldn''t budge.  So now my dad is going to the Lamb on the way home from work tomorrow to get a a ticket for him and me mum (and hopefilly me!!) because Norwich won''t sell them a ticket!

[/quote]Some helpful info:Friday 22nd 12noon - 3pm open sale Saturday 23 - no sales Sunday 24th 11am - 12noon open saleFriday 29th 11am - 2pm open saleJanuaryTuesday 2nd 12noon - 3pm open saleWednesday 3rd 12noon - 3pm open saleThursday 4th 12noon - 3pm & 6.30- 8.30pm open saleFriday 5th 12noon - 3pm open sale

Some helpful info regarding ticket sales at the Lamb:Saturday 23 - no sales Sunday 24th 11am - 12noon open saleFriday 29th 11am - 2pm open saleJanuaryTuesday 2nd 12noon - 3pm open saleWednesday 3rd 12noon - 3pm open saleThursday 4th 12noon - 3pm & 6.30- 8.30pm open saleFriday 5th 12noon - 3pm open sale

When I wanted to take my grandson all I did was swop my seat In N&P for one in the Jarrold Stand at no extra cost and just paid for the seat adjoining for him.

I don''t agree with this system Jas, In 1985 when living out of the area I missed out on the Milk Cup semi (home leg) and Final Coz I couldn''t get to the ground at the time I was livin'' in the Midlands and went to the 1st leg at Portaloo road, plus numerous away games that year.

You never will please everybody I applied for Tamworth tickets as a season ticket holder (cat 3) I was also putting out feeler elsewhere without any joy. Got my tickets so am happy.

That said surely a season ticket holder must be classed as a member??

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Because it''s OK if you''re able to get to the Ticket Office or Club Shop but not so handy if you can''t...........

[/quote]

Modern Technology is a wonderful thing my firend.. the telephone no less!

To be fair to the club wasn''t the way that tickets are dealt with decided with full consultation with supporters via the ''cunsultative committee''?  Whatever system you have in place there are going to be winners and losers, ours is probably better than most but still may be far from foolproof.

That said, I have to say that I am stunned that season ticket holders don''t count as members.  It has always been an automatic assumption and am was under the impression it said as much on my season ticket renewal for the last God knows how many years.  We have, after all, shelled out c£350+ for the privilege of watching the "performances" that we are currently serving up, are we meant to also pay even more to become a member? That is completely crazy.

A quick update on our ticket situation.....

My dad popped into the Lamb on his way home from work on the 22nd and picked 6 tickets in the home end!!

I got mine on general sale after the Southend game - they had a few left too.

Hang On a minute, with respect Katie your mother didnt apply for tickets when stated by the club.  The tickets then went on sale to Members.

Imagine if there was for argument sake one ticket left and your mother got the ticket (who didnt apply) instead of a member who went down there to get one on the day.

The reverse happened to me when we played Arsenal in the Premiere League.  I was a member with 10 stubs and hadnt missed an away game all season.  I missed out in the ballot for Arsenal Tickets.  On calling the club I was told that its just the way the cookie crumbles and that there were season ticket holders in my group who hadnt been to an away game all season and were successful. Gutted to say the least.

Katie, I hope you and your family have a great day, and thank you for making the effort to visit the Lamb.

However, as you have purchased tickets in a segregated home area, I hope you will not even attempt to wear your colours or raise your voices in support for Norwich, as your journey will be wasted and your day cut short by being ejected from the Lamb.

Don''t want to seem unfriendly but untold numbers of opposition fans of a much larger club, deceitfully buying tickets in our home area is what might put a lot of families off for fear of trouble (not that you particularly have a reputation, but there''s always an element that attach themselves to any club) and is bang out of order. You wouldn''t be impressed if a larger club started buying tickets in your home area when they visited. 

That aside, may the best team win on the day.

I sit next to Katie''s mum at Carrow Road. She''s a real trouble maker that one...

Or not.

Katie - Tickets for the away end are now on general sale so you might be able to swap?

[quote user="Black sheep TFC"]

You wouldn''t be impressed if a larger club started buying tickets in your home area when they visited. 

[/quote]

Oh we had that in our Premiership season - amazing how many Manure, Chelski and Arse fans "came out of the closet"You''re right though, inadvisable, especially if its denying home supporters the chance to see the game.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Black sheep TFC"]

You wouldn''t be impressed if a larger club started buying tickets in your home area when they visited. 

[/quote]

Oh we had that in our Premiership season - amazing how many Manure, Chelski and Arse fans "came out of the closet"
You''re right though, inadvisable, especially if its denying home supporters the chance to see the game.

[/quote]

made it even sweeter seeing their stupid faces on april 16th 2005 though didnt it? 2-0 :D that result still makes me smile.. Rooney who?

Yeah Jas, that was a sweet afternoon! I''ll never forget the look on Gary Neville''s face with the big ''easy'' clap going on. Classic. Or the ''No noise, from the Yarmouth boys chant[:D].  

[quote user="KatieWestgate"]

[/quote]

In all seriousness, they should BUY all season ticket holders a free FA cup ticket after the dross they have served up this year.

Unless something dramatic happens in the the transfer window and we turn things around, you will see a huge reduction in season tickets sold.

I can see us returning to 15,000 home crowds.

[quote user="Black sheep TFC"]

However, as you have purchased tickets in a segregated home area, I hope you will not even attempt to wear your colours or raise your voices in support for Norwich, as your journey will be wasted and your day cut short by being ejected from the Lamb.

[/quote]

Don''t worry, i''ve been living in Burton for the last five years so I know how some Tamworth fans can be!!

I had the same problem i am a season ticket holder and wanted a ticket for my wife for the southend game but they would not let me buy a ticket until they went on genral sale because a season ticket holder is not classed as a member ,when i asked why that is they said it was to allow the casual fans who can''t attend every game a chance to see a game .

[quote user="KatieWestgate"][quote user="Black sheep TFC"]

[/quote]

Don''t worry, i''ve been living in Burton for the last five years so I know how some Tamworth fans can be!!

[/quote]

I ''m sure I heard that there are still 100 tickets for sale in the away end today Katie, to be fair we always moan when away fans get in our Barclay stand.