Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Earnie Staying!.

Earnshaw

Okay, I do believe in Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, Goblins, Elves and Pixies. This is brilliant news (unless, of course, Doommcaster mucks it up!) With Earnie (and Hucks!) automatic promotion is still on, remember we still have Croft and Chadders coming back.

Today I feel a little more positive, agreed?.

Didn''t Ashton say that he was staying? Come to think of it, I think that Sutton said he was staying too.

I agree good news, he wants to stay......if only the decision was up to him.

But agreed with a fit Croft, and Chadwick to return, a couple of canny signings in Jan, and some confidence...we are still in with a shot

[quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t Ashton say that he was staying? Come to think of it, I think that Sutton said he was staying too.[/quote]

Yep, sorry to ruin a positive vibe here, people, but K Lo has a point!

It''s not upto the player - if we get a sizeable offer in he will be off, and we will hear the usual "I''m glad it''s all sorted out now, I''m delighted to make the move" ilk when he joins his new club.

Of course, we all want him to stay, and our only chance of doing anything this season is if he does so.

Realistically, I think Earnie will leave at the end of the season if we don''t get promoted... He made it clear that he wants Premiership football.However, he is also clearly committed to the club at this time and is playing great football, and his comments should provide a a major lift to the whole club. PG can build a team in January with Earnie in place, rather than having to spend all his efforts on finding a replacement in case he buggers off at the eleventh hour as Ashton did last year.

I think his staying at the club largely depends on performances over the heavily scheduled Christmas period.

If we pick up the necessary points to get us in or very near the top six by mid-January, then there''s a good chance he''ll remain here.

And we must get that illusive, tall centre-forward to accompany Earnshaw.

Hark at me spouting the obvious again.

[quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t Ashton say that he was staying? Come to think of it, I think that Sutton said he was staying too.[/quote]

No.

Ashton said he was staying until January,

and it was Robert chase that said "if Chris Sutton isnt here next season i wont be"

jas :)

What would you expect him to say? I''ve followed football too long to take what they say seriously. Results permitting, I still expect him to go in January. And if the club get a stupid offer then they will sell him - whether Earnie wants to go or not.

Would you expect him to say anything else?  Do you think he actually means it?  January - struggling premier club come in for him with 4 million.  Does anyone believe the board would not take it, and that he would refuse to go?!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Earnshaw

Okay, I do believe in Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, Goblins, Elves and Pixies. This is brilliant news (unless, of course, Doommcaster mucks it up!) With Earnie (and Hucks!) automatic promotion is still on, remember we still have Croft and Chadders coming back.

Today I feel a little more positive, agreed?.

[/quote]

Good news....Ashton never came out and said he WANTED to stay. He said he would be here til January which he had no option with anyway cos of the transfer window.

Isnt it good to hear a player say though that he wants to play football and enjoy it. Dont hear that too often these days!!!

While it is always good to see what else he going to say?   I want to leave for the premiership gravy train at the first possible opportunity?   Not going to happen is it.   What we need is for Feb to arrive with earnie still at the club - having either attracted no offers or having either he and or the club rejecting any overtures that do arrive.

It will be a tense few weeks on this one.

This may sound stupid but I have always said having players injured earlier rather than later in the season means that at least you should have a decent run in to the finnish. If we can do that and like old John Barnes and co said last night - Norwich still have a very good shot at it!

Of course he is going to say he wants to stay - he is not going to come out and say he wants to leave in January is he - some people believe anything - at the end of the day it is the wadge that counts and if a club comes in and offers City an amount that they cant turn down then it wont be Ernies decision anyway -  similarly if a club offers Ernie a deal doubling what he is getting here and the club have accepted the transfer fee then we will see how many wild horses it takes to hold him back - I dont blame him one bit but he is not going to come out now and bite the hand that feeds him by saying he wants to leave is he !!  Come the end of Jan and we have turned down three or four offers and he is still here then I will believe it but have followed the game for too long to believe anything in the papers said by the players.

So why does Tony Spearing scouting for Blackburn say its a done deal to reunite him with his welsh mates Hughes and Bowen? And why has he cancelled his order for £20,000

worth of curtains for his new house?

[quote user="royhollis4"]

So why does Tony Spearing scouting for Blackburn say its a done deal to reunite him with his welsh mates Hughes and Bowen? And why has he cancelled his order for £20,000

worth of curtains for his new house?

[/quote]Geez thats a lot of curtain....does he live in a greenhouse?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]If a prem club puts in a bid I think he will leave, especially if results have not picked up by then and we are stll sitting in the bottom half of the championship.[/quote]

CJF.. How can I have a picture where your signature goes?

Maybe he''s canceling the curtains in readiness of a sudden pay-cut, but I wouldn''t like to draw any conclusions.

[:D]

Wasnt he linked with an equally certain move to Blackburn in the summer???  And I think they signed 3 strikers then - do they need another? And would earnie fancy being a sub again.  I hope not 

[quote user="shyster"]

Maybe he''s canceling the curtains in readiness of a sudden pay-cut, but I wouldn''t like to draw any conclusions.

[:D]

[/quote]

Shyster.. you need to pull yourself together mate! [;)]

As to whether Earnie''s staying...

I don''t know if it makes much difference what he actually say''s but what I do know is that he plays like he wants to be here which is more than Ashton did at the same time last season.

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]If a prem club puts in a bid I think he will leave, especially if results have not picked up by then and we are stll sitting in the bottom half of the championship.[/quote]

CJF.. How can I have a picture where your signature goes?

[/quote]

use html code for images in your signature on your profile- in the below just replace the TB with this symbol <  and the CB with this symbol > and the web address with the web address of your image.

TB img src="http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/urbanmutant/grantyandteam.gif" CB

you can use this code in messages too!

curtains?????????????

I was told he was living at dunstan hall..............thats not exactly settling into the area is it???????????????????

Like I said in another post  , it going to be an " interesting"    January  ,   Earnie may be  genuine  in saying he`ll stay   , BUT,    he didn`t  say for how long !   I feel that Grant   would sell him  at the drop of a hat   , and use the cash to  bring in   the players   he`s already lined up ......   no prizes for guessing   that   they`ll be leaping over Hadrians wall   !   [;)]

Jeez, I am sure that if we won the Champions League by beating Ipsh*** in the final 5-0, there would still be some people on here moaning and taking a negative slant on it!

Lighten up, everyone.[;)]

He''ll be gone in January...but unlike Ashton he will go with my total respect. It''s been a real trial for him since he arrived at CR under Worthington....but he''s done us proud.....and maybe even saved us from League 1!........