Sign in to follow this  
Rotherhithe Canary

Bit of perspective people

Yes i know yesterday was dire, but when you consider that sheff wed are one of the form teams in the championship, and that we were without 4 of our 5 best attacking players ( earnie, safri, chadwick, croft ) and that we remain only 7 points off the playoffs in a league where anyone can beat anyone things don t seem as dramatic as some people are making out, sorry to use the phrase but KEEP THE FAITH

Camp

colin    shackell   dublin    drury

croft      safri       etuhu     chadwick

huckerby

earnshaw

now that does t look so bad does it?

Sorry SPA but even if we could put this team out week-in, week-out, I still don''t believe we would make the play-offs. Drury and Safri are off form. Etuhu is lazy and not consistent enough. Earnshaw is in desperate need of a large strike partner.

Perspective to me means the further something is away....the smaller it becomes.

Pretty much sums up our chances of recovery under the present regime.............[;)]

I must admit in all the doom and gloom you make a very good point, let''s try to remain optimistic, however with the notorious busy Christmas period looming I am a touch worried.

Looks fine on paper - the team selection and even the formations have also looked mostly capable over the last couple of seasons in theory, but in practice we''ve only witnessed the opposite.

Those players have got to want to play for the club and motor mouth has got to instill confidence into them so''s we can finally get a modicum of consistency.

I have serious doubts about central midfield with the half-arsed Etuhu & the play 1 in 5 games Safri.

In my humble opinion both Ethuhu & Safri need to be sold in order to fund the signing of a commanding DMC.

Doesn''t look bad? Looks bloody awful to me.

Dublin playing in a position he doesn''t want to play in, and 37 years old at that.

The overrated Shackell. Premiership class? You''re having a laugh, the only reason people think he''s so good is because he came through the youth systen, ditto Jarvis.

The ageing Huckerby.

The faltering Drury.

The lazy Etuhu.

The only players who have any credit in that line up are Colin, who is our player of the year so far, Earnie, and Croft. Chadwick also did well in his 1 game so far.

But like the guy said yesterday on Canary Call, our squad is nothing but poor - VERY poor.

The players clearly don''t want it - other managers can come in and totally change a team - look at yesterday''s opponents for example - they look unbeatable. This isn''t a pop at Grant, but we''ve had a new manager come in and nothing has changed - nothing at all - which says to me that our squad is dire. Don''t expect this club to be going anywhere soon while things stay as they are.

I agree with 90% of what you say, but there are real causes for concern.

1.  We look incapable of winning with out Earnshaw

2.  If we receive a bid for him in January Earnshaw is going to go

3.  The majority of players in the squad aren''t good enough to play in the Championship let alone the Premeirship

4.  We may be 7 points of the play offs, but, were also only 9 points off relegation.

I only hope the players Grant is trying to sign in January are better quality than the garbage Worthy bought last season! 

Dont matter one iota what it looks like on paper the fact is on the pitch we are utter tripe , get ready for national humiliation when Tamworth roll this bunch of gutless wonders over .

looks a good team on paper...

but then football is played on a pitch.. not on a peice of A4 is it?

stark reality is that those players turn out for us on a regular basis and we are at the arse end of the Championship.

says all that needs to be said about them ALL doesnt it?

Hucks is now too old.

Etuhu only gives a toss when we are winning.

Robinson and Hugnes are pinky and Perky, just as bad as each other.

Safri is off form.

Drury is starting to look more and more like the League 2 full back he was a few years ago every game.

Dion Dublin is 37,

Shacks i disagree with.. he is a good player and has had to bail the doc/flemmo/ dury out so many times this season!

the only player who actually looks like he gives a toss is Jurgen Colin! another good performance yesterday and he seems to be the only player who cares about us winning games at the moment... he always looks genuinely gutted when we lose too. He wants to play for NCFC and he wants to win! the rest of the squad should take a good look at Jurgen and then feel embaressed that they arent putting the effort in that he is!

Professional footballers??? My arse are they! they are just blokes who turn up, run around a bit, get shouted at.. then collect a fat wage slip and go home! disgraceful

jas :)

Go to the games home and away as I have done so far this season again and just watch what goes on in the game, like yesterday the back four were under pressure from the first min to the last as evey one can see with no midfield, as per every game no one holding play up front.If we had terry or ferdinand there it would make no difference with the lack of cover from the midfield.I saw shakc cover I do not no how manny times agian and agian along with drury and colin.I think that if these players were in a side with quality you would see the potential that some of the players do have.So next time WATCH what goes on first. Lets judge grants team and some of the players in the new year, if these new players come to join us as grant wants and chadwick,croft are once again available lets see then.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Dont matter one iota what it looks like on paper the fact is on the pitch we are utter tripe , get ready for national humiliation when Tamworth roll this bunch of gutless wonders over .[/quote]

hey, one simple question, why bother?

go choose another sport.

apologies for puttng forward a nicer way to view our current situation, some of you clearly don t want to see the bright side, but i still strongly believe that the team previously mentioned is at least top 8 quality, factor in maybe a new centre midfield in january, and the play offs aren t actually as far off as is being made out

"Yes i know yesterday was dire, but when you consider that sheff wed

are one of the form teams in the championship, and that we were without

4 of our 5 best attacking players ( earnie, safri, chadwick, croft )

and that we remain only 7 points off the playoffs in a league where

anyone can beat anyone things don t seem as dramatic as some people are

making out, sorry to use the phrase but KEEP THE FAITH

Camp

croft      safri       etuhu     chadwick

huckerby

earnshaw

now that does t look so bad does it?"

Certainly not. I would have:

Camp

safri       etuhu    croft         chadwick         huckerby

earnshaw

with chadders, huxs and croft swapping about (as chadwick can play on both wings) - it is a really good attack. - also dublin can be a target man if needed.If we get in some competition at full back, a new centre half and central/sitting midfielder(s) it will be a (very) good team for this league.we are quite unlucky with the injuries to chadwick and croft have not only taken away two really good attacking players in our team but also have caused hux problems on the other side, since teams can pack that side against him.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]Dont matter one iota what it looks like on paper the fact is on the pitch we are utter tripe , get ready for national humiliation when Tamworth roll this bunch of gutless wonders over .[/quote]

go choose another sport.

[/quote]

On teh pitch we were utter tripe..  apart from 1 or 2 individuals.  If Doherty had been playing instaed of Dublin it would have been Ipswich/Burnley/Plymouth/Stoke or one from many many appalling performances recently.  Even Hull in the last home game was a total disgrace.

[quote user="Marty"]

go choose another sport.

[/quote]

On teh pitch we were utter tripe..  apart from 1 or 2 individuals.  If Doherty had been playing instaed of Dublin it would have been Ipswich/Burnley/Plymouth/Stoke or one from many many appalling performances recently.  Even Hull in the last home game was a total disgrace.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Marty"]

go choose another sport.

[/quote]

[/quote]

yes we have been ''utter tripe'' but i am considering the team we WILL have once our injury list cleans up, as other posters have pointed out, we will have a formidable strike force

i agree we really need some optimism, we need belief if we want to get out of this "dip in form", we''re a few games away from January, players are coming back from injury, I have faith in PG to bring players in who will make a good impact. We just need to get through these games then we can really have a judgement on the team, what with PG adding his ingredients to this recipe.

REMAIN POSITIVE

*cue battering from moaners*

On The Ball...

[quote user="ncfc1"]One question Marty do you put up with second or third best in every aspect of your life .[/quote]

Depends, when it comes to supporting a football team I guess I have no choice, although as a kid I could have choose Man U or Liverpool but I choose my then local team, I knew they were not going to be the worlds best but I live in hope!

Most other aspects of life I do what I can, I have a good education, decent job, lovely home, good health and level of fitness (give or take the odd niggle), great partner and a delightful pair of guinea pigs so I think I am doing OK but whether or not I have settled for 2nd best I couldn''t comment, I mean there are always better jobs, houses etc. so in some respect we all settle for second or third best (I know my guinea pigs are the best ever though!). I also play sport and I like winning, but it is not my ultimate goal in sport, that is enjoying the challenge - expecting to win all the time will only lead to disappointment.

And how about you, only settle for the best I take it? I assume you must be Roman Abramovich then?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Marty"]

go choose another sport.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do you spend so much time slating Doherty when he wasn''t even playing? It''s as much use as slating Worthington who was sacked 2 months ago!

If Doherty had been fit I have no doubts in my mind that he would have played. Dublin would have played up front and Thorne would have been on the bench. Why would that have been so bad? Yes I believe you are right in your belief that Dion is better than Doherty at the back, they both make mistakes, both give away freekicks but Dublin edges it in my book because he is mentally stronger and a better leader.

However, it''s too late to put Dion up front after we go behind because the only way to win games is to score goals. A clean sheet will never get 3 points on it''s own and we rarely get one anyway, even with Dublin in defence!