Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

What contract is grant on

3 and a half years, and if we assume he is on the same as worthy (£600,000 a year) then if we were to get rid of him after 6 months it would cost £1,800,000.

Grants here to stay so we better get used to it.

NCFC RIP

Its not his side that didnt turn up today, its the one he inherited from worthless so until he gets his own and they perform like todays lazy bunch of *****i think we should just lay off him .Time has come for the board to hold there hands up and except some off the blame  and free up  whatever cash is available and fund the rebuilding of our club before we end up in div one  rather than prem OTBC

He''s on a long, long contract, 3+ years, which I always felt was way too long for a manager who is yet to prove himself, this isn''t meant to be a cheap shot at PG, it''s just way too long and I feel is yet another blunder by the board who seem to be naive in the extreme when it comes to appointing managers or building hotels

[quote user="allways travelling"]Does anybody know how much it will cost us if granty turns out to be naff and we have to get rid.[/quote]O come on give the guy a break he has only been here a few weeks .

[quote user="allways travelling"]Does anybody know how much it will cost us if granty turns out to be naff and we have to get rid.[/quote]

Two more years of misery and relegation to Division three (old money)?

"Its not his side that didnt turn up today, its the one he inherited from worthless so until he gets his own and they perform like todays lazy bunch of *****i think we should just lay off him."

Sorry, but this line of argument is nonsense.  One of the first things you look for in a manager is the ability to inspire or motivate the existing squad, and if he can''t do that, and he clearly can''t, then why should he be trusted with what little money the board might (might) make available?

No, he didn''t bring the current shower of players to Carrow Road, but he works with them every day in training, he works out tactics and formations, he picks the team, and he has made not one - not ONE - percent improvement in some players attitudes or performances.  You might have to be a miracle worker to get good football out of some of them, but not even a slight improvement?

We are paying a lot of money to watch some of the worst, most disjointed football I have seen since Brian Hamilton came in as "manager".  That, plus Grant''s rentaquote theatrics do not inspire any confidence, and overall I''ll be damned if I''m going to shut up and take it.  More games like yesterdays and some of the Barclay might start to turn.

[quote user="allways travelling"]Does anybody know how much it will cost us if granty turns out to be naff and we have to get rid.[/quote]

always as optimistic as ever then.......?

Sheff Weds are not Brian Laws squad but he seems to have turned them into play off contenders from relegation material . Grant needs to start showing he has what it takes because we are getting worse not better and the fact he called Robinson and Hughes unsung heroes is very very worrying.

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="allways travelling"]Does anybody know how much it will cost us if granty turns out to be naff and we have to get rid.[/quote]

O come on give the guy a break he has only been here a few weeks .
[/quote]Look what part of my question says i want him out.I  am asking what it would take if we had to get rid as some of the early signs are not looking that brilliant but he does have the transfer window to bring in his own players providing doomcaster helps him.

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]whats wrong with asking a question all i am after is an answer not the lowest form of wit.

Christ - hes only been here a few weeks and he''s inherited some crap from Worthless that he can''t get rid of yet.

Lets judge when he''s got some of his own players in.

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]whats wrong with asking a question all i am after is an answer not the lowest form of wit.[/quote]

I don''t agree that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, I think sarcasm is one of the greatest ways to cope in life when you are surrounded by people get on your nerves. Anyway, who said it was sarcastic, it was actually a question based on me nerver hearing anything remotely positive from you on here.

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]whats wrong with asking a question all i am after is an answer not the lowest form of wit.[/quote]

There''s nothing wrong with your question AT....it''s just that you asked the wrong one...........[:)]

It''s getting just a bit repetitive to state that this isn''t Grant''s squad....because his tactical decisions are often very dubious and the choice of his all too obvious ''blue eyed boys'' very worrying. A decent man manager would have got much more out of them by now (a la O''Neill etc etc)....so questioning his prospects isn''t so unreasonable. I''m not gunning for him yet....but after January what will the excuses be then?

Let''s hope he has some great kids lined up so that we can finally bury the Worthy excuses and move on.....after all....NW has been gone a fair old while now.