Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

A further update on the brighter side

We have now garnered 17 points from 10 matches under PG, an average of 1.70 pts per match. Thus, maintaining this form for the remaining 25 matches would produce an additional 42.5 pts. Adding these to the current 29 pts would give us an end of season total of 71.5 pts. 

If we win on Saturday, we shall have 20 pts from 11 matches under PG for an average of  1.82 pts per match. At this rate we would get a further 43.68 pts from the remaining 24 matches resulting in  a final total of 72.68 pts. 

Over the past 6 seasons the 6th placed club finished with the following points totals:

2005-06            Crystal Palace         75

2004-05            West ham                73

2003-04            Crystal Palace          73

2002-03            Notts Forest            74

2001-02            Norwich City           75

2000-01            WBA                       74

Thus, the chances are that maintaining the form produced under PG so far will see us falling just short of the last play-off place. 

A little further improvement would at least get us to the play-offs for an exciting end of season.

I think the vast majority of us would settle for the play-offs this season - all things considered.

Good luck Peter.

OTBC.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we wouldnt deserve a place in the playoffs this season

jas :)

[/quote]

Things do look rather grim.[:S]

However, without hope  then .................?

If we reach the 73-75 pts target & qualify for the playoffs, we will deserve to just as much as any other club I would think.

OTBC.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

We have now garnered 17 points from 10 matches under PG, an average of 1.70 pts per match. Thus, maintaining this form for the remaining 25 matches would produce an additional 42.5 pts. Adding these to the current 29 pts would give us an end of season total of 71.5 pts. 

If we win on Saturday, we shall have 20 pts from 11 matches under PG for an average of  1.82 pts per match. At this rate we would get a further 43.68 pts from the remaining 24 matches resulting in  a final total of 72.68 pts. 

Over the past 6 seasons the 6th placed club finished with the following points totals:

Thus, the chances are that maintaining the form produced under PG so far will see us falling just short of the last play-off place. 

A little further improvement would at least get us to the play-offs for an exciting end of season.

I think the vast majority of us would settle for the play-offs this season - all things considered.

Good luck Peter.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Sorry, you''ve got your figures wrong there. Yesterday was Grant''s 11th league game in charge. Making it 17 points from 11 games. That''s an average of 1.54 points per game. Based on this average, our final points tally would be about 66 points. Well outside the play-offs.Reality bites.

[quote user="Flan in the face"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Good luck Peter.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Sorry, you''ve got your figures wrong there. Yesterday was Grant''s 11th league game in charge. Making it 17 points from 11 games. That''s an average of 1.54 points per game. Based on this average, our final points tally would be about 66 points. Well outside the play-offs.

Reality bites.

[/quote]

Flan (in the face)[:$]

If you re-read my message you will see that it was posted before yesterday''s match, hence in the context in which they were stated my figures were correct.

Your reply was after the match, hence your figures are also correct.

Reality does bite.

However, I still wish Peter Grant good luck - and a top 6 place.

OTBC.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Flan (in the face)

If you re-read my message you will see that it was posted before yesterday''s match, hence in the context in which they were stated my figures were correct.

Your reply was after the match, hence your figures are also correct.

Reality does bite.

However, I still wish Peter Grant good luck - and a top 6 place.

OTBC.

[/quote]Ah, I see. It''s not the first time an old post has been dragged to the top of the page by another poster, and I have mistaken it for a new debate!But I suppose what the ever-changing stats do show, is how inconsistent the City team are. In the space of 24 hours our points average has gone from possible play-off contenders, to mid-table also-rans.

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read I think. You use an average system to tell us that if we perform above that we will succeed. Utter madness. Hey I''ve got one, if we win every game from now on we will get promoted. Who feels happier now. We I’m just off to punch Rodney on the nose.

My positive outlook is that if he didn''t know already he know definately does know that alot of so called top 16 players aren''t good enough, thus enforcing both PG''s and Delia and co''s thoughts that we must sign new players.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read I think. You use an average system to tell us that if we perform above that we will succeed. Utter madness. Hey I''ve got one, if we win every game from now on we will get promoted. Who feels happier now. We I’m just off to punch Rodney on the nose.

[/quote]

Facts are facts, Hardhouse.

Plus, if you don''t wish Peter Grant good luck and hope that we can make the playoffs, I would suggest that you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

Or would you wish him bad luck and that we get relegated?

By the way are you the sweetie on the left or right of your avatar..........and who is Rodney?

OTBC.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

Facts are facts, Hardhouse.

Plus, if you don''t wish Peter Grant good luck and hope that we can make the playoffs, I would suggest that you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

Or would you wish him bad luck and that we get relegated?

By the way are you the sweetie on the left or right of your avatar..........and who is Rodney?

OTBC.

[/quote]

I accept that facts are facts. But what you showed us was not fact. It was a mean average based on past performances. Which have just been made worse by our result on Saturday. Still if you want to call them facts that’s fine by me. The fact is your facts say we are going to miss out on a playoff place.

Thats fine but your missing the point. The stats, facts or averages, call them what you will, that BBB posted show that we WILL NOT make the playoffs.