Sign in to follow this  
EadiesRight Foot

Post thats neither negative / positive

Shame he was in the Jarrold and not on the pitch! Would have had more passion for the club than the whole of that shower put together

[quote user="Canary02"]

I don''t think passion was the problem. It was quality that was severely lacking. Oh, and a midfield.

[/quote]

I see what you''re saying, but I think it is a big issue - look at the current team. How many of them can you pick out and say they genuinely care about the club, the results and the fans? Too many are happy just to get their pay packet, and sit and enjoy the nice ride that can only be found at "little Norwich"

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Canary02"]

I don''t think passion was the problem. It was quality that was severely lacking. Oh, and a midfield.

[/quote]

I see what you''re saying, but I think it is a big issue - look at the current team. How many of them can you pick out and say they genuinely care about the club, the results and the fans? Too many are happy just to get their pay packet, and sit and enjoy the nice ride that can only be found at "little Norwich"

[/quote]

It''s difficult to quantify passion though. Hucks has it for the club in bucketloads obviously. Dion isn''t someone I would regard as passionate about the club specifically, but he loves the game, and loves winning and will fight passionately to achieve this. Drury is a difficult one too as he is committed and honest, but his personality is more introverted and so he doesn''t shout and scream, but it doesn''t mean he doesn''t have passion.

Usually, the player who most makes me want to strangle him for lack of passion is Robinson, but on Saturday I thought he worked harder and won more balls than I''ve ever seen him do before for City. Admittedly this was neccessary because he gavce away so many balls with his appalling distribution, but for me it showed a certain level of willing to do well and to fight. Whether for the team or to try and persuade Grant not to ship him out in January is another matter.

I''m not exactly disagreeing with you Alex, but I think sometimes it''s easy to mistake bad players who are struggling, with players who don''t care. Unless they''re like Andy Hughes and rushing around like a live turkey looking for the butchers shop door, the quieter ones will always be labelled as passionless.

(None of this is to say that the likes of Robinson, Etuhu, Jarvis, McVeigh and Thorne shouldn''t get a boot in the testicles for their poor performances e.g. Saturday, but just that I''m not sure we can be certain that a lack of heart is holding them back, so much as a lack of basic ability).