Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Player ratings

Camp  6

Colin   6  

Shax    7 - a good solid performance 

Dion    5  Shocking error for their winning goal, won loads in the air but too many poor headers straight up the air, poor passes and and good goal when left unmarked. 

Drury   6

Hux 6 Dangerous but didnt see enough of the ball

Robbo 6  - 7 for first half  4 for second  

Etuhu   - If he cant be bothered to compete for 90 mins then i cant be ar$ed to score him

Hughes 5 -  So much passion and energy with so little abillity or brain;  out of position for far too often while right midfielder,  again looked better in defence when dion went up front.

Thorne 6 won so much in the air without having any impact at all

Jarvis 6 Where was the fraction of Hughes effort?  Some good touches of quality but too infrequently seen;  has to do so much better.

WLY - 6. No impact

Such a poor midfield display again exposing the defence to too much pressure particularly in the second half.  The defence didnt help by sitting deep and sucking the midfield in deeper still but an average weds defence were given an easy ride (did lardo Crossly have a save to make???) while their midfield gave ours the run around.  Lenny should have been signed by us not Weds - just what we need - as is their team spirit.

Why Spillane wasnt used either when Dion went up front or in central midfield is anyones guess  - and why have the rest of the subs on the bench if you arent going to use them?

Sadly while earnies omission was a shock its a sad reflection on the midfield that he wasnt actually missed.  

I would agree in the main  but how you can give Drury only 6 is beyond me.....or perhaps you were not there????

camp - 6

colin - 6

shackell - 6

Dublin - 8* swap doherty for him and this would have been a rout of burnley proportions.

drury - 6

hughes - 4.5 not good enough - but we already realise this. gets a 5 for his defending at the end.

Robonson - 4 was he even on the pitch 2nd half?

Etuhu - 4 and some on here think he is premiership material!!! 1 good game in 6, we may be able to get money for this clown so sell sell sell

Huckerby - 4 hardly touched the ball so how can i rate him higher?

Thorne - 5 missed an easy chance but won some headers

Jarvis - 4   all he contributed was one good pass in how many minutes football?

subs

McVeigh - 5 its obvious he doesn''t want to be here, the new manager, being like`the old one has put pay to mcveigh turning up again.

Grant - 5 why only use one sub when so many are playing crap? could someone not have told him spillane did a decent job last season when finally given a go?

I know this game is all about opinions CJF but just talk me through how Dublin gets  8* and Hucks only gets 4! Shackell made less mistakes than Dublin yesterday!

camp - 6

colin - 6

shackell - 7

Dublin - 7

drury - 6

Defence had a big job with such an ineffective midfield. Agree with CJF about Dublin. The one good signing made by Worthy in his last two years.

Hughes - 3 for midfield, 7 for when he was in defence, hmmnnnn is this telling us something

Robinson - 3 so ineffective it was untrue, simply has no presence. How more times will he be first choice

Etuhu - 3, i do rate this guy but when Safri doesn''t play, Etuhu simply doesn''t show up

Huckerby - 5 not his best day but what can you do when the midfield is total dirge, so not his fault

Thorne - 5 - didn''t do much wrong when on the ball but didn''t offer enough

Jarvis - 4 - real shame, showed good quality in the opening minutes but I feel he shouldn''t be judged on that performance. The midfield behind him will not inspire any confidence. With Safri pulling the strings then maybe we will see some improvement.

subs

McVeigh - 3 - done nothing and for the first time i fell it must be time for him to go. Turning into Mulryne

The key is Safri. This hasn''t been his best season but simply his presence has a positive effect on the team. Our midfield is the key. We need one so badly. The frustrating thing is that this time last year we were all saying the same things. People are saying don''t blame Worthy but it is his bloody team and the obvious weaknesses were not addressed in the close season.

The board failed also by not sacking Worthy at the end of last season, again it was an obvious decision to make

We have to give Peter Grant a chance. He seems to be coming round to the fact that we have alot of poor players, though I do feel he needs to start blooding the youngsters to see if they will save us a few bob in the window.

won every header, put himself about, put in some vital blocks and scored a goal.  shackell did ok also - maybe i should have given him a 7, but dublin got himself on the end of most things.  I already revised the hucks score as initially all i could remember the 30 minutes in the 2nd half where he didnt get a touch.

Camp - 7 - Good interception from crosses looked confident, we will miss him and i hope we sign him as our no. 1 in january. Miles better than Green!

Colin - 7 - Another pretty good game, better in the first half, lacked a bit coming forward in the second, clearly didnt like working with hughes down the right flank.

shackell - 7 - Solid game, very few mistakes, well played.

Dublin - 7 - only worthy of a 7 because of his goal, looked poor on quite a few occasions, needs to get the basics right.Shocking defending for their winning goal.

Drury - 7 - Made some good tackles and kept their right side pretty much quiet, gets caught out of position too much still, looked ok going forward.

Hughes - 4 - Lots of effort and passion, no product, how the hell did he manage to stay on the pitch?!

Robonson - 5 - decent first half, was on holiday in florida in the second.

Etuhu - 4 If you can imagine a Norwich city player wearing a ''Tutu'', Dickson would be the first to spring to mind. Poor passes, and not the box to box midfielder he has been. Needs to be more consistant, NEEDS TO PLAY FOR 90 MINUTES!

Huckerby - 6 - played better today, actually looked like he wanted to play rather than waddle about trying to avoid any type of tackle, missed two valuable chances early in the game, should have burried at least one of them, still not the player he can be, work on it Hux.

Thorne - 6 - I personally thought he played really well, won loads of headers in the air and was unlucky with a chance infront of goal. What i dont get is, he has been at the club for what, 2 years? and the players around him still can''t read his flick ons?! He cussions it down to them but they dont go where the ball is going?! He knows it, i know it, but the players around him dont! Are they really that thick?!

Jarvis - 4  - Never really got into the game, only just getting a four. Would rather have seen Hendo come on rather than Mcveigh thou.

subs

McVeigh - -99 - No will to play for us, no will to do well for us, no passion, no effort, why is he even still at this club? Half the player he used to be, and wasted two good chances which could have got us level, and then won the game for us. Why didnt Hendo come on instead? he looked really hungry for a goal while warming up and would want to do well to put the injury behind him and get in the new manages good books. Hendo is the type of player who reads the flick-ons which Thorne will give him, so why wasnt he used?!

Camp- 7. Neither goal was his fault, good in the air again.

Colin- 5. Didn;t make any big mistakes, but was caught out a few times.

Drury- 7. Solid, as always. I don''t know how some people can call him rubbish, I think you need your eyes examining.

DD- 7. Good again, although was at fault for the goal.

Shacks- 6. Did ok, not outstanding, not rubbish, just inbetween.

Robbo- 4. Determination, passing, tackling, strength, agility, this guy has none of them.

Etuhu- 5. Lazy! Lazy! Lazy! This guy has talent, please use it! Did nothing horribly wrong, but was non-existant.

Hughes- 4. Played like a man on a mission vs Leicester, played like a 90 year old with hemroids vs Owls.

Hucks- 6. Must be regretting signing up again. One or two moments of his oldself, but otherwise quiet.

Thorne- 6. Won a few headers, but missed a sitter, yet again. This guy, I''m afraid, is in the latter stages of his career.

Jarvis- 5. All you lot moaning that he should be playing, he was poor, average at best.

Camp 7- made some good saves and was unlucky to score an own goal... Sheff Wed would of had more were it not for him!

Colin 8 - ran himself into thr gound, distributed the ball well and showed Adam Drury just how a full back should play!

Drury 4 - sad to say it but fast becoming  target for the boo boys and increasingly the weakest link in the squad.. nearly every wednesay attack came from his side and the first goal could of been prevented had he of closed his man down.. i think Adams time has come.

Dion 6- scored and looekd fairly sharp.. at fault for the 2nd goal though

Shacks 6- had to bail out Drury countless times which he shouldn''t have to do! had a goal ruled out which was probably a push. no one complained.

Robinson 4- why the hell does this overweight plodder even bother turning up at Carrow Road anymore. cant pass, cant tackle, never looks up, plays like an 8 year old!

Etuhu 5- We are doing badly at the moment so "Desmond" doesnt care.. needs to be given a swift, hard, toe up the backside. I myself have never rated him, remember the chants of "send him back" last season?

Hughes 5- at least he shows the occasional good pass, but on the whole another poor performance. hasnt he worked out that the fans are taking the P*ss when they chant his name?!?!

Hucks 6- showed glimpses but even he must realise that he''s getting older.. can still do a job occasionally but i think defences are finding it easier to deal with him now unfortuantely.

Thorne 7- won everything in the air in the first half and tackled back too... missed some easy chances but with a decent partner running off his flicks could of set up something

Jarvis 5- ran towards the ball instead of away from thornes flick ons, looked scared to go anywhere near it when the bigger sheff Wed players got close.

sub:

Mcveigh 3 - someone should stand in the crowd waving a pie! he might show some determination and run then! Get out of this football club u has been!

jas :)

We were rubbish. Our midfield deserved a collective 3. God knows why people rate robinson higher than etuhu. Etuhu played only for around 10 minutes yesterday but done more tackles, more passes, and more shots than robinson did all match maybe all season? Robinson is useless does suicidal passes and blasts the ball at his own players when they are 2 yards away nearly resulting in a goal. Hughes has no intelligence at all shouts at colin when colin does a good job and covers his a**e.  Jarvis was dissapointing an it is plainly obvious nobody has bothered to develop the player that looked better than ashton when we played them 4 years ago. Thorne worked hard did well but we shouldn''t be relying on a 33 year old and a 37 year old for any sort of threat up front. Huckerby was good in the 1st half. Poor in the second half was far to predictable cutting in all the time and after 2 good crosses was marked out of the game after that. 

No passion. no ideas and no changes till we were 2-0 down which was on the cards letting them run and shoot at our goal far too often.

A fair summation Zippers.  I think a caller to Canary Call summed up Etuhu "he didn''t make many mistakes"; too right he rarely got within 5 yards of the ball and frankly he should be ashamed to collect his substantial wages.  As you correctly say at least Hughes tries hard he makes errors but doesn''t spend 90 minutes hiding. 

We have no midfielder who makes runs; roll on January because some major surgery is required.  If the board continue to fail to invest in their team then they could be faced with a much reduced supporter base next season.

At least the manager didn''t blame the fans this week for the rubbish on show.  Just as well as I think some supporters expended more energy collecting their half time coffee than some of the players in 90 minutes.

Camp 7 - looks a better option than PG.

Colin 6 - watch how he runs AWAY from the left-winger when the opposition attack.

Dublin 6 - its a sign of the times that a 37 year old who no other team wanted won our player of the month.

Shackell 7 - a decent performance

Drury 5 - the decline has started

Robinson 5 - a bit more commitment than usual in the first half, usual anonymity in the 2nd.

Hughes 5 - its pantomime season. any vacancies at Theatre Royal?

Etuhu 5 - comatose throughout ....again

Huckerby 7 - some good crosses/running but to no avail.

Jarvis 6 - Not Championship standard. Never likely to score.

Thorne 6 - Ditto.

My player rankings for Saturday:

CAMP: 8 - Good game, unlucky for the second goal off his back
DURY: 5 - Left far to much space around himself and kept on doing those stupid floating crosses that take so long in the air that the entire away team can read them!
SHAKS: 7 - Seems quite solid to me
DUBLIN: 8 - Would get a 9 but for his mistake that lead to the 2nd goal.
COLLIN: 5 - Seems Afriad to Move up the pitch for corners. At times we had 3 defenders marking one attacker at a our corners.
HUGHES: 6 - Puts a lot of effort in, not his best game as previous weeks but still shows the passion.
ROBINSON: 7 - Made some good tackles and passes but still seemed to lack that killer pass of Safri.
ETUHU: 4 - Very poor game. Has had a good season so far but just seemed complitely out of the game and too asleep.
HUCKS: 7 - Some good runs in the first half, Lets hope his score goes up now hes signed again.
THORNE: 5 - Not upto full Match fitness, but I still have my doubts wheter hes upto the mould of a Championship player.
JARVIS: 5 - Ran his heart out, but clearly needs ethier more games and goals. Maybe a loan spell away may help.
McVEIGH: 4: - Looks out of sorts now. We should sell him on to some scottish club as an exchange. Total waste of time.

(as posted on another listings)