Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

I think this says it all...

From the EDP this morning. Peter Grant said:

“As I said to the players, the disappointing thing is there have been a few performances where I seem to be saying the same things. I don''t mind saying it once or twice, but I have probably said it to the same people three, four, five, six, seven, eight times - and then you realise maybe you have got the wrong people."

It takes time for a new manager to learn who and what he is really dealing with. It will happen to Brian Laws at some point, and it is happening here.

I hope these sentiments are reflected in the transfer window... wheel and deal away Peter.

I have no doubt that Worthy had exactly the same experience - the difference is that "Grunt " is openly admitting this and at the same time clearly indicating that he is going to do something about it. Sadly, it IS time to clear out the players who aren''t interested. To coin a phrase " You can''t keep on flogging a dead horse" - there comes a point when you have to bury it and start anew.

It''s all well and good saying Wheel and Deal away, but we don''t have the money to do so. We have to sell Earnshaw if we want to rebuild.

Maybe this means that he''s finally seeing the light r.e. Robinson and Hughes. To be fair, he''s not got many other options at the moment though. If he''s still playing them in February though we''re in trouble!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]It''s all well and good saying Wheel and Deal away, but we don''t have the money to do so. We have to sell Earnshaw if we want to rebuild.[/quote]Only if you''re trying to buy instant success - you can build cheaper with a longer-term view. I know this is the last parachute year, but Norwich teams are better made over time. Carry out what emergency surgery you can, then bolt on the extras as you can afford them - it may sound like ''prudence with ambition'' [:P], but it can be done, and without selling Earnie. We''ve had bad moves recently, but we need to see if PG can work within the constraint of the Boardroom better than Worthy.Everything seems more urgent with transfer windows, team evolution is harder and revolution seems the easier option at times - IMHO the short-term gains are soon lost from such an approach and you also lose the evolutionary ''glue'' that holds teams together!

Have you hear Granty speak on the radio or on TV? I a not surprised at all, I have never been able to understand a bloody word he has said

AAAHWEEMARK THE MAN JOCK or whaterver it is

Maybe that''s the crux of the problem at this time, none of the players can undertsand a word Grant''s saying/shouting.

You know yourselves when sometimes one meets a person and you can''t comprehend a single word they''re saying, but you politely nod in agreement regardless? 

Perhaps the club needs an interpreter. [;)]

Obviously Gallagher isn''t doing a very good job at interpreting for Grant, maybe we should get Malky back to help us with it.  That Riordan from Celtic could do it as well, but I very much doubt he would want to drop down to our level.

Couldn''t Grant write everything down as well, or is his handwriting worse than his English!!