Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What did Peter Grant actually do at West Ham?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Anybody know?

OTBC.

[/quote]

As I''ve said on here before....I had pretty close knowledge of him at Bournemouth and all he did there was grizzle about everybody else except himself. This guy was a t**t.....and that guy was a useless ******....but he was incapable of doing anything about it....and just hid behind those higher up the pecking order. Unhappily for him there is nowhere to hide at CR.

He is a chancer and a whiner....so don''t expect him to come out into the open. He''s very much like that useless lump in your local team who can''t pass or play....yet blames everybody else for those same weaknesses when things go wrong.

He''ll get ''yes man'' players in of his own style and stick by them till they drop....then bugger off when all is lost and blame the club and fans for being ''too small'' for his talents.

Don''t hold your breath in expectation of fireworks............

Same as at Bournemouth - was an integral part of a successful team (which did better with him in it than they have without him).Cluck has a low opinion of him, fine, but I''ve seen little from either Bournemouth, or West Ham that shows they were glad to see the back of him - quite the reverse in fact.What will Peter Grant actually do at Norwich City? Now there''s a question - and one it''s too early to answer!

Contrary to Cluck''s questionable ''knowledge'' of the man, I''ve actually met him and worked with him on various occasions in various capacities - although not for a good couple of years I will admit, and not enough to call him a former colleague (which perhaps clears me of any bias) - and he is a very inspirational coach. A bit ''take it or leave it'', but in my experience, players who warm to his way of working go a long way. Other managers and coaches up and down the leagues consider him to be one of the best young coaches/managers around and all were surprised Norwich were able to get him as they expected West Ham to really fight to keep hold. It is true that Pardoo wouldn''t have let him go anywhere else but Norwich as he knew how much Grant liked the place. As with all managers/coaches, players love or hate him, so I think Cluck was rather remiss in suggesting it''s all doom and gloom. But that''s what happens when you have a rather unreasoned agenda, eh?

he was assistant manager at the (now not so Appy) ammers.

a good track record as an assistant but as a manager?? only time will tell.

jas :)

[quote]I had pretty close knowledge of him at Bournemouth[/quote]Intriguing.  A friend on the playing staff, that kind of close ?I''m not saying you''re wrong, but it''s easy to throw mud, more difficult to make it stick.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Cluck has a low opinion of him, fine, but I''ve seen little from either Bournemouth, or West Ham that shows they were glad to see the back of him - quite the reverse in fact.[/quote]Same old Cluck, he''s never been one to let facts get in the way of a bit of bashing.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    Contrary to Cluck''s questionable ''knowledge'' of the man, I''ve actually met him and worked with him on various occasions in various capacities - although not for a good couple of years I will admit, and not enough to call him a former colleague (which perhaps clears me of any bias) - and he is a very inspirational coach. A bit ''take it or leave it'', but in my experience, players who warm to his way of working go a long way. Other managers and coaches up and down the leagues consider him to be one of the best young coaches/managers around and all were surprised Norwich were able to get him as they expected West Ham to really fight to keep hold. It is true that Pardoo wouldn''t have let him go anywhere else but Norwich as he knew how much Grant liked the place. As with all managers/coaches, players love or hate him, so I think Cluck was rather remiss in suggesting it''s all doom and gloom. But that''s what happens when you have a rather unreasoned agenda, eh?

[/quote]

I consider your view of PG to be equally questionable Juanita....and he was far from inspirational in my own (and those around me at the time) personal experience.

Still...each to our own and I will avoid point scoring by denegrating your viewpoint so dismissively in return....

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Fat Barman"]

Cluck has a low opinion of him, fine, but I''ve seen little from either Bournemouth, or West Ham that shows they were glad to see the back of him - quite the reverse in fact.

[/quote]

Same old Cluck, he''s never been one to let facts get in the way of a bit of bashing.
[/quote]

I can live with that.....because that''s what being a realist is all about. If others choose to disagree..that''s fine and dandy because it doesn''t really matter at the end of the day. There is only one truth and it is for each of us to decide which one it is in the fullness of time..........

So it seems that at West Ham Grant was Assistant Manager and Keith Peacock was first team coach.

I wonder who made the tea, answered the phone & replied to mail, and who was de facto No.2 to Pardew at the sharp end.

Seems Grant was de facto No.2 since Peacock was promoted to take Grant''s place on his departure, with reserve team coach Kevin Keen moving up to first team coach.

Just wondered since it has been suggested that Doug Livermore makes the tea etc. & Martin Hunter ithe de facto No.2 - well he was under Worthington.

Although hold on a minute! After the demise of Alan Pardew today,  BBC has reported that first team coach Kevin Keen has been put in temporary charge of team affairs![:O]

Well, well.

Sorry for Pardew. Wish he could come to us.

OTBC.