Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

No Earnshaw???????

Why is Earnie not playing today.....not even on the bench.

No chance of winning with out him!

Thorne couldn''t hit a barn door at 6 foot!!

Good luck lads we need the points!

well if we have no chance of winning without Earnshaw why bother turning up?

Good chance for the other guys, and good luck to them.

Grant has to find out at some point how the team would do without Earnshaw.  Admittedly, it will be very hard to get anything out of this game.  Earnshaw''s name not on the team sheet must have given Wednesday a massive boost.  

[quote user="gareth"]he''s gone, don''t worry about that!!!!!!![/quote]

No Earnie = No goals... No points....

and 3 or 4 crap average journeymen that we pick up in the Jan transfer window for about £500,000 each (while the bank manager pockets a £million or so and greedy Delia takes another £2million or £3million back on her investment in the club...

Leaving us with a side battling for survival and possibly not even strong enough to get us imediate promotion if the unthinkable was to happen...

I would say that is good reason enough to worry!!! 

[quote user="seat124"]jarvis and thorne ........you had your chance........now leave this club.[/quote]

I wasn''t at the game today, but from what I heard, by all accounts, Jarvis was bloody awful.

Can anyone confirm?

I take issue with the comment made by Smudger that ''''greedy Delia takes another £2 million or £3 million on her investment in the club...........'''' if Earnshaw is sold.

Such a ridiculous comment is one that has not really been thought out beforehand - she is hardly this, quite the opposite in fact. Or would he rather have some foreign somebody who doesn''t care two hoots about the club to be there?  

[quote user="seat124"]jarvis and thorne ........you had your chance........now leave this club.[/quote]

were you at the game?

He wasnt awful - but he wasnt great;  we dont need another player like Etuhu who thinks his better than he is and only performs for a few minutes.  However he alone was not the reason for todays defeat (the midfield) although the subs may make you think that.

Today was his chance for 90 minutes, he didnt blow as such,  but he didnt take that chance either.  

[quote user="Marty"]

were you at the game?

[/quote]

Looking at your avatar again Marty....why do you even bother with football?..........[:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

my mate in the pub says he saw Robert Earnshaw driving towards Blackburn with his agent.... ;)

jas :)

[/quote]

That was clever his hummer must be very quick !!!!!!!.

He wasn''t in blackburn as he walked past me to get in his over sized car!!!!!!.

As for jarvis having a bad game out of him and thorne he was head and shoulders above thorne he wanted the ball chased players down and can play football!!!!!!!!!!,so what did PG the chimp do ????take him off and put that very small pile of #### on mcveigh????????.

Think we have got a scotish version of NW!!!!!!!!,Div 1 here we come!!!!!!!.

[quote user="chocolate nutter"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

my mate in the pub says he saw Robert Earnshaw driving towards Blackburn with his agent.... ;)

[/quote]

That was clever his hummer must be very quick !!!!!!!.

He wasn''t in blackburn as he walked past me to get in his over sized car!!!!!!.

As for jarvis having a bad game out of him and thorne he was head and shoulders above thorne he wanted the ball chased players down and can play football!!!!!!!!!!,so what did PG the chimp do ????take him off and put that very small pile of #### on mcveigh????????.

Think we have got a scotish version of NW!!!!!!!!,Div 1 here we come!!!!!!!.

[/quote]

i know he wasnt in Blackburn.... it was Fulham instead :p seriously.. i was doing what people have a tendancy to do when a star player is injured and come up with some crap about them leaving

[quote]

i know he wasnt in Blackburn.... it was Fulham instead :p seriously..

[/quote]Are you sure he wasnt with Carl Cort looking at the backed beans in Asda?

[quote user="CanaryNut"]

I take issue with the comment made by Smudger that ''''greedy Delia takes another £2 million or £3 million on her investment in the club...........'''' if Earnshaw is sold.

Such a ridiculous comment is one that has not really been thought out beforehand - she is hardly this, quite the opposite in fact. Or would he rather have some foreign somebody who doesn''t care two hoots about the club to be there?  

[/quote]

Why do you suppose that is a ridiculous comment that hasn''t been thought through?

Ditto... that is what I think to you comment and many others on here... but hey you are entitled to you own opinion... and so am I so I don''t really give a s**t what you think!!!

If the recent figures released by the club are to be believed then where exactly does the remainder of our annual turnover go each year?

If we have a debt of £19million over a 20 year re-payment period (I believe they said) then we must be paying between £1.5million and £2million per year including the interest.

With a turnover of £24.7million this year and a wage bill of approx £9million how much of that remaining £13.7milion would be taken up by everyday running costs and how much of it would you allow the manager for squad strengthening (baring in mind that by their figures we will be at least £7million worse off when the parachute payments stop?

I think the manager should get at least somewhere between £3million and £5million per year before any money taken fom player sales is taken in to account.  Any additional money raised from the sale of players I feel the manager should be given at least 80% of to re-invest in the team.

Add to this the money that should be remaining from the sales of Ashton, Green and McKenzie (a conservative estimate would be that we should have at least £3million to re-invest in team strengthening there) and I think that every City fan has a right to question where this money is going....

All we are asking for is a little bit f truth from the board....  if Delia was to hold her hands up and say that she had taken some of the money back to cover the initial investment that she had made in the club then fair enough... also if she was to claim that X amount had been pumped in to securing new land or building that crappy hotel in the corner then at least the fans could make more sense out of why the club is so reluctant to put it''s hand in it''s pocket when it comes to investing in a squad which drastically needs reinforcements....

In my conservative estimation their Golden Boy PG should have a minimum of £5million plus to spend in the January transfer window before the sale of Earnie is taken to account....

If Earnie was sold too then I would expect all proceeds of his sale to be put straight back in to the tranfer kitty immediately!!!   

Also bare in mind that the above figures do not take in to account the additional revenue from our Premiership season, so I believe them to be a fairly close interpretation of what our club has pulled in on a consistent basis over the last 3 or 4 years.

If you wish to choose to believe that Delia & Co have not already taken the money back that they re-invested in the club then that is your lookout not mine...   I know what I believe....  and as for the board to claim that they are not willing to take a gamble with the future of the club...  do they not think that they are not taking the biggest gamble of alll by investing so little in the playing staff when the club was surfing high on the crest of a wave???

Unless that chequebook is brought to the fore in a big way in January (by which time it may well be far too late anyway) then I expect BIG changes to be made at the club from top to bottom... 

and as for who takes over I don''t really care as long as they are prepared to put their hand in their pocket a bit more and lead this club from the front!!!

What do members of the squad do if not selected to play? I always assumed that they would "suit up" and be at the match as a group and be sitting at the match supporting other members of the team who had been selected. Obviously that is not the case as the fans would all know where Earnshaw & Co were.

Years ago I once went to a Colledge Football game in Chicago to see North Western play someone and there were 140 members of the team all suited up.Only 20 or 30 members of the squad got to play but all were fully supportive of their fellow team members who did play.

Seems to me that a section of the City Stand needs to be set aside for Norwich squad not playing so that the fans can see the lads are fully supportive.their fellows.

[quote user="Bobert"]

What do members of the squad do if not selected to play? I always assumed that they would "suit up" and be at the match as a group and be sitting at the match supporting other members of the team who had been selected. Obviously that is not the case as the fans would all know where Earnshaw & Co were.

Years ago I once went to a Colledge Football game in Chicago to see North Western play someone and there were 140 members of the team all suited up.Only 20 or 30 members of the squad got to play but all were fully supportive of their fellow team members who did play.

Seems to me that a section of the City Stand needs to be set aside for Norwich squad not playing so that the fans can see the lads are fully supportive.their fellows.

[/quote]

They are usually in the Jarrold stand with their families supporting the rest of the lads.

Would it not make more sense for the non playing squad to sit in the City Stand without their families (after all they are not there for their jolies) positioned so they can hear what the manager is shouting to the rest of the team. It would give them more idea of what the manager expects of them if and when they get to play for the first team?

I''m sure each and everyone of them is left in no doubt Mondays to Fridays what is expected of them, They just are forgetfull on Saturdays.

I went on one of those Canary Experiences days and Jerry Goss mentioned (in passing) that the players have to attend each game, suited and booted, if they are injured/not playing - it is in their contracts. And they are not allowed to drink alcohol on prior to the game on matchdays, even if they are not playing.

I took the Earnshaw comment to be a joke - bit odd that this thread has gone off on such a tangent!

Whether or not it''s relevant to his future career options, Earnshaw has bought a house at Caistor Lane, just up the road from Dunston Hall, south of the City. Hopefully, a sign that he is putting down roots. Saturday''s shambles showed what life would be like without the little fellow.