Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Pardew sacked - PG gutted?

He''s got to be wondering what might have been if he was still first team coach who has now taken temporary charge. I doubt he''d have got the job full time but if he did well for them you never know. Reckon the coach will get a good few games to show his worth while they look for a new man.

[quote user="a1canary"]

Reckon the coach will get a good few games to show his worth while they look for a new man.
[/quote]

I would guess that Sven or Curbishley have already been lined up.

On the other hand it''s quite possible that a new man, e.g. Curbishley, might bring in his own backroom squad and PG could have found himself with a P45 in his hand.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]On the other hand it''s quite possible that a new man, e.g. Curbishley, might bring in his own backroom squad and PG could have found himself with a P45 in his hand.[/quote]

I think you''re spot on Barry.  It''s inevitable that West Ham are going to be looking for a Manager with a proven track record.  PG is probably thankful that he jumped before he was pushed.

I''m gutted! I was hoping our links through PG would mean the loan or purchase of a couple of West ham players. That looks extremely unlikely now.

I think quite the opposite.  West Ham have stated (according to BBCi) that they want someone in place before the january transfer window, this indicates to me that they are gonna spend big.  If its Sven, then expect to see Crespo, Beckham and maybe some other big name players join.  If its Curbs, then expect big money bids for Darren Bent among others.

Basically the point I am trying to make is that I think it is quite likely that we will go for some of the ''fringe players'', and to be realistic that was all we could hope for anyway.

I reckon we should go for Harewood and Mullins.  Both have been made scapegoats for the hammers poor form.  Would certainly show ambition from the norwich board....

Imagine Earnie and Harewood leading the line!!!!! The perfect little and large strike force.....

[quote user="gazban"]

I''m gutted! I was hoping our links through PG would mean the loan or purchase of a couple of West ham players. That looks extremely unlikely now.

[/quote]

I had actually not thought of this and it''s a very good point. Anyt deals we may have had lined up with Pardew and West Ham are well and truly scuppered now.

If they had given him the elbow he would have had his contract paid up, as Worthy did and then he would have been quids in. Not that any of them seem to need it.

Sadly Jim, I think the players such as mullins or harewood would be way out of our finance league. I was thinking more the Carlton Cole or youth players of which WH always have plenty.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Imagine Earnie and Harewood leading the line!!!!! The perfect little and large strike force.....

[/quote]

Wow, that really would be the ugliest strike force in the league

Is Carlton Cole not in the same league as Harewood/Mullins?

I still really fancy the idea of Mark Noble coming in, this is such an unknown quantity nobody can predict what might happen.  There is talk of Pardew taking over at Charlton as the board there are not convinced by Les Reed. 

I sense much speculation to come over the next couple of weeks.....

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]On the other hand it''s quite possible that a new man, e.g. Curbishley, might bring in his own backroom squad and PG could have found himself with a P45 in his hand.[/quote]

I''m sure PG won''t have to wait too long until he has his own P45 in his hand either Barry!!! 

theres always a chance that Grant would of been sacked too... most clubs sack both...

unless your Norwich... where Neil Doncaster announced "the contract applies to all 3" or something.. before sacking Foley and keeping ?NW here.

jas :)

we might as well try the real little and large up front at the moment! got to be better than thorne and Jarvo in the long term lol

jas :)