Sign in to follow this  
Delias Buns

Positivity - Not A Post For The Moaners

Okay I dont know about you but I''m truly sick of this "sack the board" and "sack the manager" cr*p. We''re going through a tough month, facing Sunderland, Southampton and Wolves, teams expected to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, and our injury list is a sizeable one, so if we put two and two together, I can see more moaners, more negatives and more depressing results until January.

By January, most of our injury list should be back and Grant will have hopefully made more signings to strengthen the side, get a decent January going result-wise and I think we can start to make up for the last month.

So here is a POSITIVE thread, for people who BELIEVE we can turn this around.

I have to stress NOT to post here if you are going to put any negatives, I want people who match the above to put their name down below and show that they''re not the moaners that this message board is turning into.

I''ll start it off.

------------------------------------

Permission Granted - OTBC

[quote user="Permission Granted"]

Okay I dont know about you but I''m truly sick of this "sack the board" and "sack the manager" cr*p. We''re going through a tough month, facing Sunderland, Southampton and Wolves, teams expected to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, and our injury list is a sizeable one, so if we put two and two together, I can see more moaners, more negatives and more depressing results until January.

By January, most of our injury list should be back and Grant will have hopefully made more signings to strengthen the side, get a decent January going result-wise and I think we can start to make up for the last month.

I have to stress NOT to post here if you are going to put any negatives, I want people who match the above to put their name down below and show that they''re not the moaners that this message board is turning into.

I''ll start it off.

[/quote]

I never do what I''m told......ever........[;)]

Not a popular thread, shock horror!

We will turn it round but it will take time something people are unwilling to give the new manager even now. Possibly I think given the situation Grant has an impossible job and  is doomed to failure. But I think Football goes in cycles we''re down at the minute but if we can get better more hungry players in then we can build for success in the next couple of years. 

At the moment I think some fans suffer from Deillusions of grandeur I mean one season in 13 does a premiership club not make! Get a life and ride the waves 

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="Permission Granted"]

I''ll start it off.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently so Cluck but neither does Delia ......I hope you can deal with that.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="Permission Granted"]

I''ll start it off.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently so Cluck but neither does Delia ......I hope you can deal with that.

[/quote]

As this is a ''positive'' thread Yankee...aren''t you introducing a ''negative'' tone?....Shame on you.........[;)]

[quote user="Permission Granted"]

I''ll start it off.

[/quote]

So how do you define a moaner and where is the line between what you see as a moaner and somebody who is being realistic, things are clearly not  good at the moment and haven''t been very good for over two years, believe me there is a reason for this and it isn''t just down to bad luck.

For the future we can sit and hope our luck changes or face the truth and be realistic, I fall into the latter group, does this make me a moaner?

As for the injured players returning and changing our fortunes, surely the reality here is - players become injured, it''s part and parcel of the game, I''d love to think that Chadwick and Croft will return and there will be no more injuries for the rest of the season but the truth is it doesn''t happen that way, with only two first team players out at the moment we''ve actually got off quite lightly compared to other teams. Reality is a funny old thing, sometimes it''s almost too painful to face up to it, isn''t it?

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

[/quote]

Me neither!.

The board should resign before anymore damage is caused. If the cook had any REAL love of our club she would resign today!.

JB,

You have confirmed our suspicions - you can''t read. Or I suppose, more likely, your raging egomania made it impossible to leave this post to run without your inspired input. Thanks, we really are tremendously grateful for your pearls of wisdom. 

I''m prepared to try and keep a positive outlook at least until Croft and Chadwick are back in the team and Grant has had a chance to bring a couple of players in in January. I can''t see the point in doing anything else.    

What makes me laugh is how everyone keeps banging on about "let''s wait until Croft and Chadwick come back" - 2 players do not make a quality team and we are POOR with or without them.

I think the point is that with such a thin squad, the absence of even two average-good players is felt strongly. If Chelsea were to lose Lampard and Terry for two months, they''d be weaker, but they''d still be expected to win most of their games. For us it''s a different scenario entirely.

I agree with MacDougall''s Perm. I''m not wholly sold on Grant, but you have to give the man a chance. If on February 1st he''s attracted nobody to the club and he''s still picking Hughes and Robinson, then it''s a different situation, but he''s got a poor squad, half a team out on Saturday (Gallacher, Doherty, Safri, Chadwick, Croft, Earnshaw), and we still almost nicked a draw. I''m backing him.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]What makes me laugh is how everyone keeps banging on about "let''s wait until Croft and Chadwick come back" - 2 players do not make a quality team and we are POOR with or without them.[/quote]That''s all very well but we have such a weak squad that losing one player utterly upsets the balance of the side, so essentially 2 players could make the difference between a crappy 2-1 loss to Sheff Weds and a crappy 1-0 win. 3 points is what it''s all about in this dreadful division. Earnie might have got us that on Sat. Good players make other players lift their games - ever noticed that?

OK then lets be positive about the forthcoming month or so.

Neil ‘Its already been budgeted for’ Doomcaster will be thrust up in front of the media to spin you all again about the lack of funds for the manager. I’m equally positive that the sort of talent we needed wasn’t available at the right money as well.

Yep, I’m positive enough we will be fed the same old lines and the same old faces will fall for it

None the less, not withstanding the board of directors I’m sure Peter Grant is capable of doing a good job for us given the resources that could be made available but almost certainly won’t be. 

How''s that for being positive?

Good sentiments, which I heartily endorse, but sadly this Message Board is the Home of a handful of Moaners who run up thousands of Posts, mainly negative, as is their style. These are tough times for our Club and I am 100% behind Grant who I believe will turn things round after January and not forgetting that we had some 6 Players out on Saturday, and a ready made excuse, which Grant did not use, to his credit.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Permission Granted"]

I''ll start it off.

[/quote]

So how do you define a moaner and where is the line between what you see as a moaner and somebody who is being realistic, things are clearly not  good at the moment and haven''t been very good for over two years, believe me there is a reason for this and it isn''t just down to bad luck.

For the future we can sit and hope our luck changes or face the truth and be realistic, I fall into the latter group, does this make me a moaner?

As for the injured players returning and changing our fortunes, surely the reality here is - players become injured, it''s part and parcel of the game, I''d love to think that Chadwick and Croft will return and there will be no more injuries for the rest of the season but the truth is it doesn''t happen that way, with only two first team players out at the moment we''ve actually got off quite lightly compared to other teams. Reality is a funny old thing, sometimes it''s almost too painful to face up to it, isn''t it?

[/quote]

A ''moaner'' is apparently someone who doesn''t agree with the crowd on here John.....on whatever matter is being discussed at the time..... Reality is the direct opposite of fantasy I believe......with reality being the tougher option. It''s much easier to believe than question reality.....hence the truth seldom gets a look in...........

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Do any other ego-maniacs want to put their whinging hand-prints in the freshly laid concrete of this thread ?
[/quote]

Mine is already on there..............[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Do any other ego-maniacs want to put their whinging hand-prints in the freshly laid concrete of this thread ?
[/quote]

Tell me, does ego maniac translate to somebody who can interpret the most recent set of accounts?

At least with moon-face Croft in the side, we get to see a few of his surging runs, which might wake up our slumbering crowd, which might inspire some of our players to get off their backsides? Chadwick didn''t exactly start badly either, did he?!

2 players don''t make a team, but they damn well help. imagine if we;d lost Hucks 7 earnie for the same length of time? Or Colin & Dion? And No, I''m not mad, Jurgen has been MUCH better this year.

So there!

I live in hope someone will want to take Mcveigh off us this January too.....

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Good sentiments, which I heartily endorse, but sadly this Message Board is the Home of a handful of Moaners who run up thousands of Posts, mainly negative, as is their style[/quote]Indeed. Also, the handful who chip in with the moaning who don''t spew forth literally dozens of posts a day are often newly registered or have about 20 posts in a year...hmmm, wonder why that might be?

You can look at this situation in two ways. You can sit there, and be optimistic and hope by supporting the players we currently have, that things get better. I sometimes ascribe to such a school of thought, particularly when I think we''re down on our luck and the players are trying to turn things around. However, I do not believe that is happening at the moment, and when I see highly paid professionals not putting the necessary work, or taking responsibility, then I ascribe to another school of thought, the yell at them, moan at them, and tell them to prove me wrong school of motivation.

Sadly all I can conclude is that neither approach will work until we get shot of half of our current squad, as some of them simply don''t care what we think. So half of us will go on being optimistic and hoping things will improve, and the other half of us will whinge and moan and yell, and nothing will change - that is until Mr Grant has the opportunity to change our squad of players.

[/quote]

Me! 

I hate that duck!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Do any other ego-maniacs want to put their whinging hand-prints in the freshly laid concrete of this thread ?[/quote]No, but you can write your IP address in the concrete if you like which shows you as having more names than the present Norwich Squad, technology is a wonderful thing

BG,

No it interprets as somebody who can not resist giving their own opinion on a thread (one out of about 30 or 40) which made it clear it was not out to moan and bicker about Grant. Yes freedom of speech is great but I also think it speaks volumes about the person who can''t let even one post go by without their input. Seems as though it is less about the club and more about personal point scoring against people with different opinions. And it is boring that any thread, however constructive it sets out to be, just gets overrun by people tearing every aspect of the club to shreds. And before you say, no I don''t just have blind faith in Delia and PG, I just think that it is totally counter productive to write everything off before Grant even has a chance to show us what he is capable of with a team that he has had some input in to.  

Mr Boubepo,As I was the one that caught you out using "Hugh Jarse" as your 2nd username, I hardly think you''re in any position to talk abuot multiple user-names.For the record I have better things to do than create a second account.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]No, but you can write your IP address in the concrete if you like which shows you as having more names than the present Norwich Squad, technology is a wonderful thing[/quote]How about you put up or shut up?Its easy to throw accusations about, but without evidence, it means nothing except proving you''re a fantasist...

[quote]Tell me, does ego maniac translate to somebody who can interpret the most recent set of accounts?[/quote]

Most accountants I''ve met aren''t ego-maniacs, but they are control freaks.  I don''t understand why you think adding value to NCFC the company is a bad thing, but then I''m not an accountant.  Surely if you grow the value of the company, then that value can be used as collateral for loans on things like, Oh, I don''t know, a 4th stand ?  Carrow Road looks so much nicer with 4 stands doesn''t it ?   Or am I showing my lack of understanding at this point ?  Do you think you could make it simple enough for even me to understand ? [:|]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="John Boubepo"]

No, but you can write your IP address in the concrete if you like which shows you as having more names than the present Norwich Squad, technology is a wonderful thing
[/quote]

How about you put up or shut up?
Its easy to throw accusations about, but without evidence, it means nothing except proving you''re a fantasist...
[/quote]

Herb wouldn''t do a lowly thing like that....would he?.................

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Mr Boubepo,

As I was the one that caught you out using "Hugh Jarse" as your 2nd username, I hardly think you''re in any position to talk abuot multiple user-names.

For the record I have better things to do than create a second account.
[/quote]

Hey, I''ve never understood the having multiple accounts thing, I suppose you could argue with yourself! or maybe be ruder to someone and they wouldn''t know it was you. Anyway, there is only one Marty, that''s a promise, although some people used to get me muddled up with a similarly named "morty", no idea who he was, but he''s not me.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Good sentiments, which I heartily endorse, but sadly this Message Board is the Home of a handful of Moaners who run up thousands of Posts, mainly negative, as is their style[/quote]

Have you never been to a football match?  I seriously doubt it if you beleive that there are a minority of moaners in the ground....

Anyway why should we be negative!!  we are 15th and not going to be anywhere near the play-offs!!! Its great!!