Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Why we must thrash Tamworth FC on Jan 6th

Quite simply, we will be on BBC1 playing a side BOTTOM of the conference league.

If we don''t win that game by 4+ goals then we really are struggling.

I know its got a classic FA cup tie written all over it, with bad pitches and all, But with our away support and the fact that Tamworth Are bottom of the conference we MUST win.

A good win on Tv and then a draw in the forth round to Chelsea would do me fine.

If we lose to tamworth then god help us!

Cheers All

I doubt whether we''ll win by ''4+ goals''. I''m actually pretty nervous about the tie given our current unpredictable form. I think we''ll get through....just. I can''t make it to Tamworth, so I''ll be watching the BBC with my fingers crossed!

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Quite simply, we will be on BBC1 playing a side BOTTOM of the conference league.

I know its got a classic FA cup tie written all over it, with bad pitches and all, But with our away support and the fact that Tamworth Are bottom of the conference we MUST win.

A good win on Tv and then a draw in the forth round to Chelsea would do me fine.

Cheers All

[/quote]

It all sounds all so simple doesn''t it........?

Table-toppers Nottingham Forest probably thought the same nine days ago when they strolled into Salisbury for a live BBC date in the Third Round, and, at the time of writing it''s taken 53 mins for Forest to score a goal in the replay at the City Ground.

Given our abject displays in some recent games I think it''ll be a miracle if we win by 4+ goals although if we do go through to face Chelsea then there''s a distinct possibility of there being at least that number of goals.....unfortunately all at the wrong end !

A safer bet might be for a 0-0 result at The Lamb and a narrow win for City in the Carrow Road return......

Snakepit boys : we''ve got 800 tickets for the game although we''re only entitled to 600. Like Web Team Pete I''m hoping to be one of the '' lucky '' ones......I just hope that if I get one I''ll be as happy at the end of the match as ticket holder Pete is right now ..........   

If a lot of our injuries are ok and we have 1 new player?

(If chadwick is fit it would be good)

... then I think we will ease through the game.

Great To See that we will be live on TV. And on BBC 1.

CAN''T WAIT TO SEE THE TRAILER BY THE BBC ADVERTISING THE GAME OVER CHRISTMAS.

about time we got some TV time agian, I''ve still got the MAN UTD Victory on DVD from Match of the day!!! Great.

Cheers All

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]We have only got 600 tickets apparently?[/quote]the stadium is tiny, and most of those tickets will be standing.it will probably be more like a gig crowd than a football match!

Tamworth probably get about only 600 supporters every game!

we average between 1000 & 1200 a game.

Away end holds 880 all standing, with some cover. It''ll be cosy. You''ll also get a limited number of seats for OAP''s, families wishing to sit and lazy sods. probably 100.

we''ll sell 3000 to take us upto capacity as its a ''big game'' for us.

I shall be going and I hope it''s not  to witness a dark day in the clubs history! I think we will win but I doubt it will be a thrashing. We certainly need to show Tamworth the utmost respect as the history of this great competition is littered with upsets greater than a Tamworth victory in this tie would be. This game is live on TV and the prematch hype will be all about talking up an upset, that''s why it''s been chosen by the BBC.

I remember us playing non league opposition in the cup on three occasions and we have managed to go safely through to the next round on each occasion. In 1980 we won 3-0 at Yeovil who had a real reputation as giantkillers. In 1989 we beat Sutton Utd. 8-0 after they had famously knocked out Coventry City in the 3rd round. (That was a bigger upset than a Tamworth victory in this tie would be!) And more recently we struggled to beat Dagenham 1-0 in 2003.

If the unthinkable happens and we are beaten this messageboard will be an amazing thing to come home to! [li]

How big is Tamworths ground?

How many away fans can we take?

Will we have more city fans than Tamworth?

I bet the Tamworth Population must be loving it ... on Tv in the FA Cup playing a ''known'' footballing side.

I hope Grant plays a Full Strength Team!

Will they see Earnshaw? or will it be another Ashton? Emmmmmmmmmmmm!!! I wonder?

Cheers All

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I shall be going and I hope it''s not  to witness a dark day in the clubs history! I think we will win but I doubt it will be a thrashing. We certainly need to show Tamworth the utmost respect as the history of this great competition is littered with upsets greater than a Tamworth victory in this tie would be. This game is live on TV and the prematch hype will be all about talking up an upset, that''s why it''s been chosen by the BBC.

I remember us playing non league opposition in the cup on three occasions and we have managed to go safely through to the next round on each occasion. In 1980 we won 3-0 at Yeovil who had a real reputation as giantkillers. In 1989 we beat Sutton Utd. 8-0 after they had famously knocked out Coventry City in the 3rd round. (That was a bigger upset than a Tamworth victory in this tie would be!) And more recently we struggled to beat Dagenham 1-0 in 2003.

If the unthinkable happens and we are beaten this messageboard will be an amazing thing to come home to! [li]

[/quote]

Well.....you can rely on me and Wiz not to go over the top if we lose anyway............[;)]

[quote user="kneeelo 74"]Draw in the fourth round against Chelsea? to be totally humilliated?  I would prefer a cup draw against Ipswich, we haven''t played them for ages in the cup.[/quote] I would far sooner be humiliated by chelsea than by ipswich again. The less we play ipswich the better and less painful it will be for us. Our players/club dont  give a toss. Only one team treats the local derby as such, and tries accordingly, and it isnt us.

id fancy our chances against Chelski! im serious!

Last 2 seasons Scunny and Col U have given them a Game.. and in the Case of Scunny (winning until quite late) have scared the crap out of them!

Chelsea are rubbish in Earlier cup rounds.

jas :)

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers All

[/quote]these cup ties rarely work out like that, on paper we should win 5-0 but that''s unlikely, i remember last season or maybe the one before Exeter held Man Utd to a 0-0 draw.