Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

Why I'm not a fan of Wigan...

Read this and thought it was interesting...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/6183773.stm

I don''t think Paul Jewell will be too keen to stay there if their fans can''t even get enthused over their success.

I''m not one for buying this ''We''re the best fans in the World'' malarkey, but i think we can safely say we would probably get double they do if we were where they are... and that is very frustrating. [^o)]

What else was Whelan expecting when he bankrolled a football club in a rugby town that has no interest in the beautiful game. He''d have been better off spending his money on us.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Read this and thought it was interesting...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/6183773.stm

I don''t think Paul Jewell will be too keen to stay there if their fans can''t even get enthused over their success.

I''m not one for buying this ''We''re the best fans in the World'' malarkey, but i think we can safely say we would probably get double they do if we were where they are... and that is very frustrating. [^o)]

[/quote]

Thought exactly that as I was watching a bit of the game, huge expanses of empty seats for the visit of one of the most entertaining teams in the Prem. If you can''t get a decent crowd for Arsenal you are always going to struggle a bit when the likes of Reading or Sheff Utd come to town (no disrespect to those clubs obviously).

Mark .Y.

I thought the same last season when I saw the glaring spaces in Middlesboro''s ground for their UEFA cup matches. I would crawl over hot coals to watch City in Europe and it disgusts me to see these so called supporters not even bothering to turn up when they have got a successful team. I appreciate there are probably other clubs with fans who would be hanging from the rafters as well as us,  but I firmly believe we are up there with the best.

I''d agree with that sentiment too Kathy. Seems like some Wigan fans don''t appreciate just what Whelan has done for their football club.

Ironic really when you consider a Colchester United fan said to me the other day, "I wish we had someone like Delia at Layer Road".

Just goes to prove, whatever some may think on here, there''s always someone else worse off than you