Sign in to follow this  
chipster

BUDDING STATTOS

just wondering when we last scored from a corner ? and when was the last direct goal from a free kick for us?

it seems both these things are what players can practice at training or  should be coached in to them, for a team that scores so few goals from corners we concede an awfull lot.....the main question here is what the hell do the players practice at training?

Budding stattos no.....but I do have a budding Forsythia. Unseasonably warm for the time of year isn''t it?.....[:)]

The weds goal came from a header from a free free kick, not a corner nor direct;  not sure when the last one was though.

How about when did we last score direct from a free kick?

My answer would be Phil Mulryne in about 2001, (against Grimsby?)

Am i right?

I remember Mulryne scoring direct from a free kick vs Watford at Carrow Road, late 2002. That''s the last one I can recall however.

thanks guys.... was trying to get a side debate going on why we struggle so much at not only scoring from corners and set plays but also defending them, its reasuring that there are people out there that do use this board to talk about relevent things rather than just trying to be clever 

the last free kick i can remember was mulrynes i just cant believe its been that long, and as for scoring from corners we used to be so strong in that department with bruce and watson ,and linigen all scoring 3 or 4 a year, malky used to offer a threat but we seem a little less effective since he has left us

and as for defending them we seem to be getting more of a soft touch every year, its just interesting where people feel the problem is,with the players not being switched on ,or is it the coaching thats letting us down?

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]Budding stattos no.....but I do have a budding Forsythia. Unseasonably warm for the time of year isn''t it?.....[:)][/quote]

Ssssh don''t tell Delia & Peter... they will be after signing up your Budding Forsythia as our new central midfielder in January (part exchange deal for two packets of Climbing Hydrangea)... 

we have scored form a corner this season.. im sure of it... Might of been Barnsley....

closest we have come from a free kick was Marney hitting the post last season....

Set pieces are vital! we concede to many and dont score from enough.. basic coaching failures!

jas :)