Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Do any of you think we should be worried about relegation?

So much depends on what happens in January, not just at Carrow Road but at our closest competitors.  For instance, if Hull decide it''s worth digging a bit deeper than they are comfortable with to try and avoid the drop, and we don''t, we could be in serious trouble.

The board''s favourite phrase "prudence with ambition" could come back to haunt them.  Are they prudent enough to be ambitious enough to avoid the drop?

No i''m not worried about relegation as theres to much of the season to go and with a fully fit in form starting 11 we are a top six side. But  if we carry on as we are we can forget about the premiership for a very long time!

Even if Grant is able to to bring in 4 or 5 players in January, it''s going to take them a while to bed in.  I don''t think the current squad is good enough to keep us in this division, so I''m also beginning to worry that relegation is a real possibility.

even at this stage, we should be looking up instead of down, we should be in the top half at least.it is a slight concern at the back of my head, but really we should be in no danger of getting relegated.

not at the moment.

Lets see what happens after Jan transfer window.

With maybe Chadwick back and another defender or Two we can slowly more up the table to around the 10th to 8th position. Its a long way to the playoffs, but I feel that relegation is a bit too harsh for city at present.

IF we don''t sign anybody, or increase the sqad and still have injuries and play some of the deadwood we still have in the squad then YES we could be pulled into the zone.

Lets Hope Not!!!

Cheers All

It gives me no pleasure to say this but yes I do, who can you see us beating at the moment. I think Tamworth will be at least a 1-0 defeat. The reality is that despite all we hear from people especially those in the know like Neil Adams (whom I normally have a lot of time for) we do not have a squad with a lot of quality players, I am sick of being told that with this team we should be doing better. No they shouldn''t cos as a squad their League 1 or even 2 standard at most.

We have Earnshaw, Dublin, Huckerby (when he''s in the mood) Croft, probably Chadwick, maybe Safri, maybe Shakell and Colin, but who else is really good enough for this division. O''h I forgot Lee Camp but he''s gone home cos Gallagher is nowhere near good enough, can''t catch, can''t punch properly, dives at shots destined to go well wide, positional sense nil. Drury in my opion is finished, too slow, can''t tackle anymore, won''t even comment in the ineptness of Hughes, Crapinson and lazy Utuhu. Fringe players have been given cameo parts but haven''t been too impressed with them.

Yes we will be relegated don''t think it can''t or won''t happen. Wednesday, Villa, Blackburn, Forest, Fulham to name but a few have been in the third tier during my time of following professional football, hell it''s not a silly long time ago Man U and Spurs were relegated to the old second division. Sorry will upset a lot of people but having watched City relegated on a number of occasions this side has the same look about them.

yes i do... people might say we are "only" 9 points off relegation... but lose to Wolves then we could be "only" 6... with a team in the bottom 3 to play on Boxing day....

things arent looking good.

jas :)

If we keep playing as we are it has to be a possibility although there probably are 3 worse teams than us around , trouble is whoever the opposition these days you just get the feeling we will lose .

Please see earlier post.  I think Nottingham Forest were thinking the same, and I wonder what Leeds are thinking at the moment.  No team in Norwich''s situation should think they are ''safe'' from relegation and it is a real possibility unless we start to pick up points fast,  the only thing at the moment Norwich have in their favour is there is a nine point gap between them and third from bottom.  The teams in those bottom three positions dont seem to be doing much at the moment apart from Hull beating Cardiff yesterday.

If there form picks up and we stay the same for the next 5 or 6 games then yes there is a REAL danager of us going down this year

Not yet although I will be if we don''t see any improvement in the quality of the squad during January. I am very grateful for the fact that we are in a mediocre league this season which is propped up by two or three very poor teams. At worst we probably need about another seven wins to secure our place in this league for next season. IF we keep Earnie and he stays fit and healthy and the likes of Chadwick and Croft are joined by a couple more half-decent players in January that shouldn''t be a problem. If we can''t secure those seven wins in the second half of the season then we will deserve what we get. I would say that I am more concerned about that end of the division than the top end which increasingly looks a long way off.

Have been saying since the start of the season that if you take Earnie out of the equation then we would have a desperate fight on our hands to avoid relegation...

As the January transfer window looms that has become an ever more likely scenario

WE''RE TOO GOOD TO GO D

O

W

N         Aren''t we?[*-)]

[quote user="london Canary"]

No i''m not worried about relegation as theres to much of the season to go and with a fully fit in form starting 11 we are a top six side. But  if we carry on as we are we can forget about the premiership for a very long time!

[/quote]

hehehe what planet are you on????  A top six side??? You tickle me that you are still falling for that old chestnut!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]At this rate, yes, we will go down............................and further.[/quote]

Cheery as ever Wiz...  that''s why we love you... bah humbug!!! 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]At this rate, yes, we will go down............................and further.[/quote]

Cheery as ever Wiz...  that''s why we love you... bah humbug!!! 

[/quote]

And don''t even get me started on Christmas! Smudger my friend.[;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="london Canary"]

[/quote]

hehehe what planet are you on????  A top six side??? You tickle me that you are still falling for that old chestnut!!!

[/quote]

Who do you support again?! I have no doubts that our best eleven plus maybe one two signings can beat anyone in this division, Don''t you agree?

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="london Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who do you support again?! I have no doubts that our best eleven plus maybe one two signings can beat anyone in this division, Don''t you agree?

[/quote]

Umm, but anyone can beat anyone in this division. Hull beat Cardiff 4-1 yesterday. Does that make them a top 6 side?

No.

We are blatantly not a top 6 side.

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="london Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

no... our "best" 11 has etuhu, doc, Robinson drury and hughes in it!

jas:)(

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="london Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="london Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, doc robo and hughes but when did drury become so bad? I wouldn''t include him.

in your opinion where should we be in the league then? With a fully fit squad?

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="london Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="london Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d say we should be about 16th place in the Championship (exactly where we are) LONDON CANARY.... 

I''m afraid that the league table does not lie at this stage of the season my friend!!!

[/quote]

Ok, doc robo and hughes but when did drury become so bad? I wouldn''t include him.

[/quote]

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="london Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="london Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

12th... we dont have the quality or depth of other sides

jas :)