Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Get back to reality!

Sack Grant? Some people are so out of touch with reality it is untrue! He has came into this club, and is having to work with:

• A board who wouldn''t know football if it hit them directly on the head and said ''I am a football''.
  • The most incompetent bunch of lackluster ''players'' that this club has had in neally 10 years.
  • And if this wasn''t bad enough, people are calling for him to be sacked before he''s even had a chance to move Nigel''s stuff out of the managers'' office.

Wise up everyone, this is not Grant''s fault that we are a medicore middle table side, the buck stops with the board. Delia and co spent peanuts on the side in the premiership, hell it''s a miracle that we even went to Fulham with any chance of staying up at all! We can alos blame NW at this point for the way he bought players last summer.

If you''re looking for scapegoats, look no further that Delia Smith, she once saved the club, but now she''s taking us down a long and unhealthy road to League One. Unless major investment is made by the board- NOT on a prison-like Hotel, then we will continue to lose matches and get relegated.

Is this anyone else to take over? I don''t know. But with Delia and Doomcaster, this awful mis-management catastrophe we continue for years to come.

Yes I agree it would not be the smartest thing to sack Grant at the moment and there is absolutely no doubt that he has inherited garbage in terms of many of the players. However he does not help himself, looking at the BBC website earlier I see his post match comments are all about how disrespectful the referee was to the players today. Sorry but that smacks of wanting to blame someone, he''s already blamed the players, the fans and now it appears the referee.

Though we have an incredibly poor midfield selection there is little doubt that Safri, who is not exactly Ronanldinho and leaves a bit to be desired, is still streets ahead of Crapinson, lazy Utuhu, and the unbelievably skilless Hughes. Yet he fails to get on the pitch, Grant seems to prefer Hughes and Robinson to him, madness, sorry but I am doubting his judgement more and more and like Worthless before him I am already getting tired not to mention irritated at his pre and especially his post match comments.

This team will be heading out of this division at the end of the season I am fairly convinced of that and it most certainly will not be to the Premiership. Don''t care if they had a much improved performance today, they still lost, they will be beaten at Wolves and I suspect Southend might just sneak a win at CR as well. The transfer window I fear will arrive too late, personally I am sick and tired of this window even if Grant could by some miracle get the right players in and get them performing immediately, don''t think there is enought ime to retrieve the situation. But then I am beginning not to care, have already taken the decision not to re-new my season tickets next year unless there is a major improvement and frankly there is no sign of that.

"Is there anyone else to take over?" you ask and then give the answer "I don,t know". Well you need to know and to think about it or in other words get positive.

Delia is going to want at least £10 million for her shares and loans to the club if she is pushed out. As she owns just over half the club that means the any one coming in needs to be able to offer the rest of the shareholders a similar amount ( say £6 million). Money to take the club into the promised land for players say £10/15 million.

Now who is there with £30m to spare in running and supporting a second rate football club. I suggest no one in Norfolk so until someone appears from overseas it would be just as well to say with the present Board and support them rather than moan,moan,moan.

I got hammered for saying he blames everyone except himself.....It''s how he operates as a character.

Don''t expect to see much else other than his back when he scarpers off ...... blaming the fans....the club....the Board and anything else he can think of...........

I do agree with you Tel, to some extent, about selection. However, Safri was picked ahead of Hughes and Robbo last year, and look at what kind of a season we had!

I do not balme you about not renewing your season ticket, I am undecided as yet, but I will not be attending the boxing day match, I have far better things to be doing with my xmas.

As I said, for us to progress, we need Delia and Doomcaster out, not PG!

I was at St Mary''s today and even though  we rallied in the last 15 minutes we still deserved to lose by at least 2 clear goals.  Ok we scored first, and it was a good goal but that was the only shot and chance we had in the entire first half.....that to me is just not good enough.  The most depressing thing is tht nothing really has changed since worthless left.....i think thats why everyone i so disappointed in Grant''s start.

[quote user="Bobert"]

"Is there anyone else to take over?" you ask and then give the answer "I don,t know". Well you need to know and to think about it or in other words get positive.

Delia is going to want at least £10 million for her shares and loans to the club if she is pushed out. As she owns just over half the club that means the any one coming in needs to be able to offer the rest of the shareholders a similar amount ( say £6 million). Money to take the club into the promised land for players say £10/15 million.

Now who is there with £30m to spare in running and supporting a second rate football club. I suggest no one in Norfolk so until someone appears from overseas it would be just as well to say with the present Board and support them rather than moan,moan,moan.

[/quote]

Well Bobert, what do you suggest I do? Put my head in the sand and pretend everything is ok?

We protested against NW, if did not, then he would still be in charge. If I had my way we would now be protesting against Delia and co. Stop putting your head in the sand, and start realising that unless major changes are made to the way the club is run, then we will continue our decline as a club.

Well I would suggest, being as you ask, that you get in touch with the Shareholders association and lobby them to find out how many shares they represent. You also find out how many of those shares are pro Delia and how many are against.

You next find out off Neil Doncaster if he will allow you to see the list of shareholders and obtain copies of their names and addresses and you write to the shareholders explaining your point of view and ask them to support you. If Neil Doncaster will not give you a copy of the list you wait until 14 days before the AGM and then you can inspect the register of shareholders at a time convenient to the Club and yourself.

Whilst doing this you form a committee of like minded guys from your mates on this Message Board and elsewhere and you write to the 200 richest men/women in the Sunday Times list of the UK top richist people and you write to them. on behalf of your committee, asking  if they would be prepared to invest their time and money in Norwich City FC.

Should you get one or two favourable replies  you invite them to the ground to watch a match, entertain them with your committee to lunch in the Gunn Club and see if they are still interested after the game, the food and the wine. If they are you set up a meeting between your prospective investor and a representative from the current Board with a view to a take over or being an additional Board member.

Should you get no favourable replies from the UK 200 richest you follow the same proceedure with the world top 200. In this case you have your letters translated into the person''s natural tongue.

Last week I suggested we get in touch with Donald Trump who has just donated $60 million to build a recreational park in New York State. No one replied to that post but I am semi serious. We do need so action from the fans to help Delia, Michael and Roger. Its just too easy to moan, moan, moan and expect, presumably because its panto time, that a fairy goodmother will apear without any effort.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

If she loved the club as much as she claims....she would have quit while we were still worth looking at.

No more excuses....no more fantasy.....she should stick her shares up for sale and see who comes along. If there are no takers due to the state we''re in......then who''s fault will it be? No doubt the ''fans who cruelly turned against her after all she had done''.........My arse...............

Well then THE VOICE, why don’t you start some kind of protest against Delia & Co then instead of turning up week in week out and not making your feelings known?

What is worse is that you say that you are so unhappy, but you are still undecided about whether you should re-new your season ticket for next season or not…  if that isn’t burying your head in the sand then I don’t know what is!!!!

If you are prepared to start some kind of demo’s to turn up the heat on the board in someway then I will be happy to join you and call for Delia to sell up outside of the ground….  As for what is done inside Carrow Road that is entirely down to you and the other foolhardy souls that this board is continuing to con because I haven’t set foot inside the pace since Cardiff @ home last season (nearly 14months) and don’t intend on changing that until some real investment is made in the team (either by Delia & Co or a new board of directors)….  Coz quite frankly this lot are taking the p. iss!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well then THE VOICE, why don’t you start some kind of protest against Delia & Co then instead of turning up week in week out and not making your feelings known?

What is worse is that you say that you are so unhappy, but you are still undecided about whether you should re-new your season ticket for next season or not…  if that isn’t burying your head in the sand then I don’t know what is!!!!

If you are prepared to start some kind of demo’s to turn up the heat on the board in someway then I will be happy to join you and call for Delia to sell up outside of the ground….  As for what is done inside Carrow Road that is entirely down to you and the other foolhardy souls that this board is continuing to con because I haven’t set foot inside the pace since Cardiff @ home last season (nearly 14months) and don’t intend on changing that until some real investment is made in the team (either by Delia & Co or a new board of directors)….  Coz quite frankly this lot are taking the p. iss!!!

[/quote]

Yes Smudger, I am undecided at the moment to whether I will renew my ticket or not. That''s not burrying my head in the sand, that is someone who is seriously considering giving up part of their life for the past 6/7 years. I think since the start of our play-off year, I have missed no more than 5 or 6 home matches. My staurdays for that period of time have been around NCFC, and it is not something that I will give up without serious thought.

I agree to sack PG now would achieve nothing, however what manager would come in and take on someone elses backroom staff. I can only think that PG took the job on the condition that Hunter / Livermore etc had to stay on why else would he not bring in his own people?

PG is a rookie manager and it shows, he needs an old head to guide him, is Big Ron Manager available?

I like the passion that PG shows but sometimes he needs to be told to sit down. As Big Ron would say "keep it simple football players are not the cleverest" he seems to be changing formations and tactics for every game, he is constantly tinkering during the game, and many of the players look lost at times.

His first signing should be someone he can trust and whose opinion he respects otherwise what has really changed at NCFC.  

I agree entirely, lots of people still seem to think we are a premiership club - we have had 1 season in what 15 in the premiership the same as Barnsley! Give Grant a chance and I thought his comments last week against Sheff Wed were spot on he said exactly what I thought after the game - we weren''t good enough.

There must be more to the Safri thing than meets the eye though to be fair Safri hasn''t set the world on fire this year.

Grant was asked  at the Lowestoft forum whether it was his choice to keep the backroom staff. He replied yes and he''d wanted to make that point. He said he''d been told he could do what he wanted re backroom staff and he was happy to keep them. So unless you''re going accuse him of lying to a couple of hundred people, you''re wrong. It maybe in time he will bring in others.

Incidentally if we sacked Grant, brought in another manager & he didn''t play Safri & McVeigh do you think fans would then begin to see a pattern or would they demand a fourth go?

The voice of the Thorpe Area! wrote:

Yes Smudger, I am undecided at the moment to whether I will renew my ticket or not. That''s not burrying my head in the sand, that is someone who is seriously considering giving up part of their life for the past 6/7 years. I think since the start of our play-off year, I have missed no more than 5 or 6 home matches. My staurdays for that period of time have been around NCFC, and it is not something that I will give up without serious thought

It is not an easy decision to make THE VOICE…  as it wasn’t for me last season when I opted out of going to any more matches until serious change occurred…  The last year or so has been the first time I have gone longer than a month or so (excluding pre season) in 24 years without watching City….

Ultimately, I see it as I would a case of a young man with gangrene opting to have a limb chopped off so that he may lead a more rewarding life in the future rather than suffering for a year or two and dying from a slow painful death!!!

Yes Smudger, I am undecided at the moment to whether I will renew my ticket or not. That''s not burrying my head in the sand, that is someone who is seriously considering giving up part of their life for the past 6/7 years. I think since the start of our play-off year, I have missed no more than 5 or 6 home matches. My staurdays for that period of time have been around NCFC, and it is not something that I will give up without serious thought.

It''s a tough call to give up your seat Voice.......and I understand where you are coming from on this. Had the club not rigged the ticket availability in order to blackmail the fans though.....the pressure wouldn''t be so great. A cunning plan as Baldrick would say......but a very cynical one on the part of the club.

It''s all coming out in the wash now though......[:)]