Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Recent events in Ipswich......

[quote user="K Lo"]It does genuinly pain me that women have had to resort to such a life in the first place. I''m sure it''s not what they dreampt of as a child. One or two wrong turns and they end up on the streets making themselves so vulnerable just to feed a habit or somesuch. Now they''re paying the ultimate price
[/quote]

I at first felt the same as this. BUt now it doesnt. Not ther whole ''genuinly pain me that women have had to resort'', because most of the time they havent HAD to. Theres always other options. Even if its stacking shelves at tesco''s, or cleaning public loo''s....if they really, really wanted to get out of it they could..

I think sheded has been watching wire in the blood ! Hopefully they catch the sicko in Ipswich within the next few days,but it does seem that he may only prey on prostitutes as they''re gonna get in his car more than anyone else.

[quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="K Lo"]It does genuinly pain me that women have had to resort to such a life in the first place. I''m sure it''s not what they dreampt of as a child. One or two wrong turns and they end up on the streets making themselves so vulnerable just to feed a habit or somesuch. Now they''re paying the ultimate price
[/quote]

I at first felt the same as this. BUt now it doesnt. Not ther whole ''genuinly pain me that women have had to resort'', because most of the time they havent HAD to. Theres always other options. Even if its stacking shelves at tesco''s, or cleaning public loo''s....if they really, really wanted to get out of it they could..

[/quote] But if you''re on drugs your life quickly spirals out of control - prostitution offers far more money than working in tescos and you don''t need references. Most drug addicted or homeless girls will not be able to get ordinary jobs and often this is the only way of securing anywhere close top enough money to fuel a drug habit. It is very sad and maybe there are other options but when your down sometimes it''s difficult to find them or see them. I do see your point but I don''t think its quite as simple as that!

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the fact they were prostitutes is largely irrelevant. i don''t like this way of thinking which makes a big thing of what they did because it is not too far from the ''they only have themselves to blame'' argument. although i''m sure that isn''t what you meant.

i think the press has concentrated too much on these girls'' chequered pasts and has in a few instances forgotten that they were innocent girls who really didn''t deserve to die.

Hogesar,

I don''t want to jump down your throat, but you are talking like somebody who has a very limited understanding of drug addiction and, in fact, of the real world as experienced by a lot of people born into less fortunate circumstances than you or I seem to have been.  

Even with a massive crack coke habit, being controlled by a violent pimp who controls everything they do, including their money?  Get real, you obviously have no clue of reality.

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

My my you''re full of compassion aren''t you.

Do you honestly believe that these women become addicted to drugs (a large proportion have drug addictions of some sort) so they have to walk the streets 365 days a year getting into the cars of men who may end up beating them, or worse as in the present case, out of choice.

I suggest you read some of the articles in various newspapers over the past few days which have included interviews with prostitutes telling exactly how difficult it is to get out.

Your argument is only a step away from suggesting they were asking for it, is that what you really believe?

Just to add, hogesar, unless you''ve first hand experience of drug addiction/homelessness/abuse (for these 3 factors often go hand in hand with that line of work) then you''re really in no position to comment.

I`m a little surprised that Sherlock Holmes   hasn`t  posted yet  !  

Here`s some facets  I rooted out   :-

Ipswich has one  , quite small  , red light district ,    yet , strangely , there are NO cameras  operating in that area !  wonder why ?   maybe there are some   " high profile "  clients  who don`t want any  " scandal " ?  

Norwich  has at least two  unsolved prostitute murders  in recent times , both  strangled   and stripped .......  

[quote user="sheded"]

Ipswich has one  , quite small  , red light district ,    yet , strangely , there are NO cameras  operating in that area !  wonder why ?   maybe there are some   " high profile "  clients  who don`t want any  " scandal " ?  

Norwich  has at least two  unsolved prostitute murders  in recent times , both  strangled   and stripped .......  

[/quote]

actually it does have CCTV sheded.... as was shown on Look East and BBC news earlier in the week.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

actually it does have CCTV sheded.... as was shown on Look East and BBC news earlier in the week.

jas :)

[/quote]

Some of the district is covered by CCTV, but a lot of it is residential so apparently the coverage is limited by this... at least I think so.

I too, used to live in Ipswich and I would like to say how much I feel for them now. I would be the first to have banter with them, and often have, but this is a disaster which needs addressing now. I sincerely hope they manage to find the person responsible.

I''m hoping that the person who has been doing these heinous crimes is caught very soon, whether it is the man with the BMW or not.  Unfortunately, like with a lot of serial killers, they get braver.  From picking on prostitutes from just a certain area, to then branching out.  From those, would he then think that the police and the world has nothing on him so he can do as he pleases with any woman from any walk of life in any area.  He may now stop the bloodshed forever to stop himself getting caught, or he might carry on, but leave it a long while.  No-knows, it''s almost impossible to at this moment in time.   

Does he work in Ipswich, and only pick them up when he has finished work?  Is he a local?  Then there is a motive, Was he shunnned or belittled by a prostitute? Given an STD?  Lots of questions, but few answers at the moment.  This man (a good assumption), has to be caught to stop anyone else and anyone elses family getting hurt.  Just hope its sooner rather than later.  Thoughts go out to the families and friends of those young unfortunate women. 

Woah...you''re right. I do have a very limited understanding of drug addiction. And by certain extents, i agree. Perhaps its my age. Saying that, some girl on bbc had been on the streets since the age of 13 or something , couple of years younger than me.

I accept everyone elses comments aswell. I suppose i apologise, but i still believe that there are always other options. I simply believe thats how life works.

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

The  latest report  , from the News of the world , that  the , now dead , Paula Clennell actually  stated that   a " senior policeman "  was a regular punter    in a recent interview  ,  supports my  theory  that there are no  stones to be left unturned   !   also  a pointer into why  a regular haunt of these prostitutes    did  NOT  have cctv ? 

The  News of the world can`t be described as  the most valid  of all papers  in respect of accuracy ,  but , as often as not , they`ll   go where no  " respectable " paper will go  in order to get a scoop  ! 

Waiting for further  news with interest  ..... [^o)]