Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Dark times ahead

If the unthinkable happened and Norwich plunged into the third tier of english football the club would go into disarray. The number of season ticket sales would plunge and heres the worrying thing whos to say we could go straight back up. The only encouraging thing would probably be that Delia and MWJones would pack their bags and leave, again who would invest? Premierleague teams have no problems as we all know only too well, as the financial gap between the promised land and the championship gets even bigger so that as well would increase our problems.Also (pardon my ignorance) but doesn''t Carrow Road need paying for? Meaning if we got relagated we would go further into debt and that would lead to funds that arent enough to buy good enough players that are capable of getting us out of league1.

Oh well we could just bring in 3 or 4 journey men who are cheap, PETER THORNE and CRAIG FLEMING to name but 2. Numerous posters keep reminding us that January is a few weeks away, why is January going to revive us? We are in debt so even if the little man went for 3 million or above it would go straight back to pay the debt and that would mean getting cheap untalented players that to be honest Norwich City Football Club don''t need.

Come on you yellows turn this situation around. (Rant over).Lightning [li]Lightning [li]

[quote user="Canary Lad"]

If the unthinkable happened and Norwich plunged into the third tier of english football the club would go into disarray. The number of season ticket sales would plunge and heres the worrying thing whos to say we could go straight back up. The only encouraging thing would probably be that Delia and MWJones would pack their bags and leave, again who would invest? Premierleague teams have no problems as we all know only too well, as the financial gap between the promised land and the championship gets even bigger so that as well would increase our problems.Also (pardon my ignorance) but doesn''t Carrow Road need paying for? Meaning if we got relagated we would go further into debt and that would lead to funds that arent enough to buy good enough players that are capable of getting us out of league1.

Oh well we could just bring in 3 or 4 journey men who are cheap, PETER THORNE and CRAIG FLEMING to name but 2. Numerous posters keep reminding us that January is a few weeks away, why is January going to revive us? We are in debt so even if the little man went for 3 million or above it would go straight back to pay the debt and that would mean getting cheap untalented players that to be honest Norwich City Football Club don''t need.

Come on you yellows turn this situation around. (Rant over).Lightning [li]Lightning [li]

[/quote]

We''re reaping now what DS and her cronies have sown during their tenure....and under the very noses of their admiring hoard. We are already established as ''struggling'' at best.... relegation candidates at worst. This inept Board have boldly taken us here.....and yet some fans still remain in denial. Maybe they are now getting what they deserve.........

[quote user="no1 donny fan"]oh dear you really are depressed go get a glass of nice red wine and cheer your self up[/quote]

It does say "Dark times" donny.......and I have got a reputation to keep up................[;)]

[quote user="no1 donny fan"]oh dear you really are depressed go get a glass of nice red wine and cheer your self up[/quote] Yes, and a nice three course meal as well in the restaurant that used to be a football ground.

Dear oh dear, Charlies dad, don''t you get it??

The restaurant is an example of diversifying to bring more money in to the club, or do you think Delia is using the Ashton and Greeno millions to buy expensive fresh local produce and flowers for the restaurant!!  Get a grip!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

The restaurant is an example of diversifying to bring more money in to the club, or do you think Delia is using the Ashton and Greeno millions to buy expensive fresh local produce and flowers for the restaurant!!  Get a grip!!!!!!!!

The restaurant has been up and running for years now. Still no sign of these riches pumping into the club. I have a grip. And whats more, i do ''get it''.

[/quote]

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

I think it''s even worse than that.  I think it''s possible that the club could not survive financially in League One.

[/quote]

we could.. clubs in worse financial states (EG Rotherham) are proof that it can be done.. we''d have massive cutbacks but would be fine. Leeds would, on the other hand, enter administration and suffer a 10 point deduction if they went down... Frim Milan to Mansfield in 5 years? quite possibly, if they go down and dont recover.

jas :)

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

[/quote]

this font is so big i can read it from 30 yards away!

jas :)

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Norwich Conference In Three Years
[/quote]

He he he John B.........You''re a card!................[:D]

There may be ''Dark Times'' ahead..........but, there are enough target fixated celebrideeee adoring folk - that carry a flamin'' torch for Delia and Co; that will assist her and the illustrious board - in guiding us through the pitch black of mediocrity to somewhere........."Along the winding unlit road to perdition, maybe?"

There may be trouble ahead

But while there''s Crofty and Earnie

And Hux and The Fans

Let''s play some football and dance

Before The Fans have all fled

Before they sell to pay the bill

And while we still

Have a chance

Lets play some football and dance

Soon

We''ll be without the doom

Sun shining through the gloom

And then

There''s no more teardrops to shed

So while there''s Crofty and Earnie

And Hux and The Fans

Dance

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There may be trouble ahead

But while there''s Crofty and Earnie

And Hux and The Fans

Before The Fans have all fled

Before they sell to pay the bill

And while we still

Have a chance

Lets play some football and dance

Soon

We''ll be without the doom

Sun shining through the gloom

And then

There''s no more teardrops to shed

So while there''s Crofty and Earnie

And Hux and The Fans

Dance

[/quote]Good one Nutty well put together, you mention Hux, Earnie Croft and the fans all in your first few lines, if our club was based on those four factors alone, we wouldn''t have to worry about a thing, if I can refrain from considering any other factors for a while the world of NCFC seems all together different, mmmmmmmmmmm!

You''re a cheerfull lot aren''t you? Glad I''m not spending Xmas with you as I''d soon be depressed [:D]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]
Good one Nutty well put together, you mention Hux, Earnie Croft and the fans all in your first few lines, if our club was based on those four factors alone, we wouldn''t have to worry about a thing, if I can refrain from considering any other factors for a while the world of NCFC seems all together different, mmmmmmmmmmm!
[/quote]

It''s Christmas so just for a few days we can! [8] [B] [<:o)]