Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Final Table Predictions

Thought this would be interesting to see where you think teams will finish.

What do you think?

1.Birmingham

2.Southampton

-------------------------------------------------

3.West Brom

4.Derby

5.Preston

6.Sunderland

--------------------------------------------------

7.Cardiff

8.Wolves

9.Coventry

10.Stoke

11.Palace

12.Burnley

13.Norwich

14.Colchester

15.Plymouth

16.Leicester

17.Leeds

18.Luton

19.Ipswich

20.Sheffield W

21.Barnsley

---------------------------------------------------------

22.QPR

23.Hull

24.Southend

to be honest, I think that we will grab a playoff spot at the least, I think that if we can get through the Christmas period with a job lot of points and then buy some players we can go on a run, it is a very close league and anybody who has a decent run has a chance.

Brum, Brom, Preston, Southamoton, Wolves and Derby will be up there.

brum to comfortably win the league, soton 2nd, preston through the play offs. (they''ve had enough experience from the last 2 years!)

norwich to finish 11th.

Yes we will be if we sell Earnshaw, but if we keep him then that is where we will finish.

I have done it basically on keeping Earnshaw. I am 60-70% certain he will be sold. If he gets sold then i think we could get relegated.

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

to be honest, I think that we will grab a playoff spot at the least, I think that if we can get through the Christmas period with a job lot of points and then buy some players we can go on a run, it is a very close league and anybody who has a decent run has a chance.

Brum, Brom, Preston, Southamoton, Wolves and Derby will be up there.

[/quote]

ever the optimist i see!

i''d take 13th in a flash!

jas :)

I disagree, and I know yet again it''s all about ifs, but if we did sell Earnie for a handsome sum and if the board were to let Grant have the bulk of it and he brought in some of the players he''s reported to have shown an interest in, then I reckon we could well push for promotion.

Let''s be rash...

1 Birmingham

2 Derby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Southampton

4 Stoke

5 Preston

6 Norwich

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Sunderland

8 West Brom

9 Cardiff

10 Sheffield Wednesday

11 Burnley

12 Coventry

13 Colchester

14 Crystal Palace

15 Plymouth

16 QPR

17 Wolves

18 Ipswich

19 Leeds

20 Hull

21 Leicester

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Luton

23 Barnsley

24 Southend

** No need to point out my clear dillusions everyone. There is only one team on this list I can''t view objectively. Realistically, I think we''ll finish 10th, but 6th was the last place I had left to fill... honest...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Let''s be rash...

1 Birmingham

2 Ipswich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Southampton

4 Stoke

5 Preston

6 Luton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Sunderland

8 West Brom

9 Cardiff

10 Sheffield Wednesday

11 Burnley

12 Coventry

13 Colchester

14 Crystal Palace

15 Plymouth

16 QPR

17 Wolves

18 Derby

19 Leeds

20 Hull

21 Leicester

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Barnsley

23 Southend

24 Norwich

** No need to point out my clear dillusions everyone. Sadly we really aren''t good enough to stay in this league and so I have decided to support Ipswich Town instead. Come on you Tractor Boys!...........[Y]

[/quote]

Blimey mbncfc.......and they call me negative!......Shame on you sir!.......................[;)]

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

Blimey mbncfc.......and they call me negative!......Shame on you sir!.......................[;)]

[/quote]

He He... at least you made it even more unbelievable than my original predictions!

That said, with the ''success'' my current team is having, maybe I should put the hex on our neighbours instead. With some of the stuff I''ve missed City do, my support would probably send Tahn bankrupt with 2 seasons...

Damm right mate, you have got to be, football is about enjoying it and if we feel down all the time then we might as well do something something else.

1. Birmingham 2. Preston -----------------------------------------------3. Derby4. Cardiff   5. Southampton 6. West Brom ----------------------------------------------7. Burnley  8. Wolves9. Norwich10. Sunderland 

11. Coventry12. Stoke 13. Plymouth14. Sheffield Wednesday 15. Luton16. Colchester17. Ipswich18. Crystal Palace 19. Leicester20. Leeds21. Barnsley---------------------------------------------------------22. QPR23. Hull 24. Southend

With Cardiff winnig the playoffs (home advantage in final)

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

[/quote]

He He... at least you made it even more unbelievable than my original predictions!

That said, with the ''success'' my current team is having, maybe I should put the hex on our neighbours instead. With some of the stuff I''ve missed City do, my support would probably send Tahn bankrupt with 2 seasons...

[/quote]

Good on ya mbncfc....[Y]...... I only pick on you because I know you can take the crack..............[:D]

1 Birmingham

2 Southampton

3 Preston

4 Derby

5 Sunderland

6 Stoke

7 West Brom

8 Sheffield Wednesday

9 Wolves

10 Cardiff

11 Norwich

12 Colchester

13 Burnley

14 Ipswich

15 Coventry

16 Plymouth

17 Crystal Palace

18 Leeds

19 QPR

20 Leicester

21 Barnsley

22 Luton

23 Hull

24 Southend

Derby v Preston Play-off Final, Derby to go up.

1.   birmingham

2.   preston

3.   southampton

4.   derby

5.   stoke

6.   sheff wed

7.   WBA

8.   wolves

9.   sunderland

10.   cardiff

11.   colchester

12.   burnley

13.   ipswich

14.   norwich

15.   palace

16.   plymouth

17.   coventry

18.   hull

19.   leicester

20.   barnsley

21.   luton

22.   leeds

23.   qpr

24.   southend

im sure that will provoke a reaction and i hope i am way off where we finish but until i see evidence of improvement i am not very optimistic!!!

If you want to, and have the patience, there''s a "predictor" on the BBC Football website where you can enter the football results for next week or until the end of the season, to see how the table comes out.

Haven''t got the patience myself...

I thought i''d bump this thread so everyone who posted with a table prediction can see if it reflects the current table.

1. Sunderland
  2. Birmingham
  3. Derby
  4. West Brom Play off Winners
  5. Preston
  6. Cardiff
  7. Southampton
  8. Wolves
  9. Stoke
  10. Colchester
  11. Palace
  12. The Mighty Canaries
  13. Wednesday
  14. Plymouth
  15. Leicester
  16. Coventry
  17. Burnley
  18. Scum
  19. Luton
  20. Barnsley
  21. Hull
  22. QPR
  23. Southend
  24. Leeds

I dont see too many changes to be honest, i think we could move into the top half, i think southend and leeds are doomed and i predict that Sunderland will go up!

[quote user="Canary_Ben"]I thought i''d bump this thread so everyone who posted with a table prediction can see if it reflects the current table.[/quote]

I was gonna say. the first person said we could make the playoffs!!! i nearly wet myself laughing

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Yankee,

I recall you making a modest prediction at the start of the season. What was it?

[/quote]

I''m afraid the team ( to date ) has under-performed for eveyone Rudolph. My prediction was an eighth place finish with 67 points. We would need to win 7 or 8 of the last 12 to come close to the number of points. It''s good that a little sign of fight seems to be emerging however.  

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="mbncfc"]

Let''s be rash...

1 Birmingham

2 Ipswich

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Southampton

4 Stoke

5 Preston

6 Luton

7 Sunderland

8 West Brom

9 Cardiff

10 Sheffield Wednesday

11 Burnley

12 Coventry

13 Colchester

14 Crystal Palace

15 Plymouth

16 QPR

17 Wolves

18 Derby

19 Leeds

20 Hull

21 Leicester

22 Barnsley

23 Southend

24 Norwich

** No need to point out my clear dillusions everyone. Sadly we really aren''t good enough to stay in this league and so I have decided to support Ipswich Town instead. Come on you Tractor Boys!...........[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!  [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Yankee,

I recall you making a modest prediction at the start of the season. What was it?

[/quote]

I''m afraid the team ( to date ) has under-performed for eveyone Rudolph. My prediction was an eighth place finish with 67 points. We would need to win 7 or 8 of the last 12 to come close to the number of points. It''s good that a little sign of fight seems to be emerging however.  

[/quote]Expecting your comments YC on how you got it so wrong this year.

1. Sunderland

2. Birmingham

3. Derby

4. West Brom Play off Winners

5. Preston

6. Cardiff

7. Southampton

8. Wolves

9. Stoke

10. Colchester

11. Palace

12. The Mighty Canaries

13. Wednesday

14. Plymouth

15. Leicester

16. Coventry

17. Burnley

18. Scum

19. Luton

20. Barnsley

21. Hull

22. QPR

23. Southend

24. Leeds

Well thew top 4 are still as i predicted!!!, and leeds and southend are both down so not bad hey!!!, C''mon preston and cardiff.

Lol Cardiff have been out of the playoff race for months. Don''t want Preston to go up either [:P]

can anyone dig one up from august? to see who the best bet is to predict the national lottery numbers next week