Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Wholesale Clearout!

If, and its a big if, ''la gob'' does go ahead with his threatened clearout, then that at least it would earn him a few brownie points in my book.

Euthu, Jarvis, Thorne, Henderson, Robinson, Hughes?, Donkerty, Fleming, WLYP, Colin and Drury are all candidates to get rid of in my eyes, but I''d put Delia at the head of that list!.[;)]

Seriously, I don''t think I''ll ever like PG, but if he starts to dump the dross in January, I may, just may, have to settle for that small crumb of comfort!.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED11%20Dec%202006%2008%3A46%3A54%3A303

Colin?  Drury?  You really do not have a clue do you.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

If, and its a big if, ''la gob'' does go ahead with his threatened clearout, then that at least it would earn him a few brownie points in my book.

Euthu, Jarvis, Thorne, Henderson, Robinson, Hughes?, Donkerty, Fleming, WLYP, Colin and Drury are all candidates to get rid of in my eyes, but I''d put Delia at the head of that list!.[;)]

Seriously, I don''t think I''ll ever like PG, but if he starts to dump the dross in January, I may, just may, have to settle for that small crumb of comfort!.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED11%20Dec%202006%2008%3A46%3A54%3A303

[/quote]

Euthu, Jarvis, Thorne, Henderson, Robinson, Hughes?, Donkerty, Fleming, WLYP, Colin and Drury are all candidates

[/quote]

Drury is a good defender and Colin is one of the most improved Norwich players in the current team, Etuhu...Unsure,  but the rest I agree with

you''ve got a long list there, some i agree with, some I dont. But given that some of them have been playing so poorly its going to be hard to actually get rid of them now. I woulndt be sad to see the back of Jarvis/Thorne/Henderson/Robinson/Doc/Fleming/WLY but who is realistically going to want to buy them?

Colin has been very good this season!

as for Drury he has been very very poor.. but dont get rid.. either kick him up the backside, get someone to threaten him for the position, or stick him in the ressies for a month..not undroppable...

jas :) 

Is this the same as Worthington, who you supported, then didn''t, then did again and then changed what you refer to as your mind

I suggest that the clearout should start with 1st wazzock

What frustrates me so much Wiz is how we reacted to Premier League relegation. Not only did the 5.0 hangover unforgivably drift through most of last season but Worthington brought into the club Jarret/Robinson/Hughes/Etuhu/Colin/Thorne. Only Jurgen (after a less than impressive first year) has proved his worth (arguably).

What a waste it was that we, at our peak of limelight, didn''t sell ourselves as a team who had missed out on safety by one point was cheered on by a passionate crowd and had familiar faces like Robert Green, Leon McKenzie, Dean Ashton and Damien Francis in the squad. Worthington replaced Iwan Roberts, Phil Mulryne, Gary Holt, Svensson, Bentley, Edworthy, Francis & Mackay with this string of nobodies.

Gutted ... poor old Grant

OTBC

So a good Championship player in a poor Championship team then.  So why would we want to get rid of him?  I have no idea what relationship his form in the Premiership has to do with the situation we are in two years later?

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

I think most of that list is spot on Wiz.

Drury may be a good Championship player, but, he looked out of his depth for most of the Premiership season.

[/quote]

great points konstantin! and proof, once and for all, that Nigel Worthington wasn''t a good manager... he was a LUCKY manager.

i feel for Granty i really do.

jas :)

As is your way you go well over the top Wiz (what on earth sort of team would we have if 11 players went in one month!) but there is no doubt that you have a valid point in there somewhere. I cant agree with Drury or Colin who are nowhere near as bad as some of the other dross we have been putting up with for many months.

I really dont envy poor old Grant, this is looking like a huge plie of cr*p to sort out which could be an absolute disaster if he gets it wrong. For me he has got to go right back to getting in players who are up for a scrap so that we can at least put out a team with some guts that dont roll over and die when they don''t fancy it. That means getting rid of Etuhu ahead of anyone else. He''s not the least tallented in the team (that''s Hughes) by any stretch but I don''t think I''ve ever seen such a spineless, couldn''t care less player pull on the shirt in all my many years. That sort of attitude can become endemic and has to be got rid of urgently.

Major issue is that many of the names you mention have two or three years left on their contracts. Who on earth is going to pay up their contract and a signing on fee to get hold of Robinson, Hughes or Thorne? Anyway Grant says they are the unsung heroes of the team! We lumbered with the lot of them for some time!

[quote user="JC"]

Colin?  Drury?  You really do not have a clue do you.

[/quote]

So, I don''t have a clue JC?. All I will say to that is:  City 1 Sheffield Weds 2.

Plus our expanding minus goal difference. If anyone doesn''t have a clue its probably you!.

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

Is this the same as Worthington, who you supported, then didn''t, then did again and then changed what you refer to as your mind

[/quote]

Seriously, I don''t think I''ll ever like PG

Just what part of my above statement are you struggling with Bly?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

[/quote]

Seriously, I don''t think I''ll ever like PG

Just what part of my above statement are you struggling with Bly?.

[/quote]

Oh dear....have a pop at Wizard time again is it?

Steer your course Wiz and ignore the stalkers. Seems to me that there are numerous posters on here more intent on point scoring against others than actually being constructive themselves.  Still....that often happens when their own argument is all but lost and getting personal becomes the main means of attack.

To those I say...it doesn''t work.....and that''s why dealing with realism is much easier than fabricating fantasy.......

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED11%20Dec%202006%2008%3A46%3A54%3A303

[/quote]

Surely Mr (1 in 5 games) Safri''s departure from the club is long overdue? He alone costs the club dearly, plus unlike the majority included on that list he''s supposedly worth a bob or two, which could go some way in purchasing a consistant DMC.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

What frustrates me so much Wiz is how we reacted to Premier League relegation. Not only did the 5.0 hangover unforgivably drift through most of last season but Worthington brought into the club Jarret/Robinson/Hughes/Etuhu/Colin/Thorne. Only Jurgen (after a less than impressive first year) has proved his worth (arguably).

[/quote]UMMM.... Who signed Robert Earnshaw then???(selective memory par excellence!)

UMMMM ... only as a lesser replacement for Ashton. Ark, my point is that our current team is dominated by the glut of players brought in directly after relegation. Earnshaw was merely the best player available when we couldn''t hold on to Ashton any longer. After a year at the top we should have had a stronger squad in the championship than what we have ended up with.#

OTBC  

[quote]Seriously, I don''t think I''ll ever like PG[/quote]Winners, people like Alex Ferguson, Roy Keane and the like, don''t want to be liked.  They want to win.  Real winners win at all costs, regardless of who they upset.When PG starts to win, you will start to like him.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

UMMMM ... only as a lesser replacement for Ashton. Ark, my point is that our current team is dominated by the glut of players brought in directly after relegation. Earnshaw was merely the best player available when we couldn''t hold on to Ashton any longer. After a year at the top we should have had a stronger squad in the championship than what we have ended up with.#

OTBC  

[/quote]I''m sorry, but I don''t remember Ashton being top scorer in the division this time last year. A lesser replacement? More like an excellent piece of transfer business. Also probably worth noting that Ashton''s hardly setting the World alight at West Ham right now... Whereas Earnie was the main force that kept West Brom in the Prem when we were relegated (also with Ashton).Most of Worthy''s signings last season were pap. I agree. But you can''t just selectively ignore the great signing that he made in Earnie.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Seriously, I don''t think I''ll ever like PG[/quote]

Winners, people like Alex Ferguson, Roy Keane and the like, don''t want to be liked.  They want to win.  Real winners win at all costs, regardless of who they upset.

When PG starts to win, you will start to like him.
[/quote]

Grant has never been a winner in his life.  Wasn''t he in the Celtic team when Rangers won 9 straight titles?  He''s good at loooking like a winner, but his record is not particularly great.

[/quote]with sale of all these wiz how much do you think we will get ?

euthu 600,000

jarvis 200,000

thorne  350,000

robinson  100,000 or just let him go please

hughes i would keep.

doc  300,000

fleming free

mcveigh   300,00

drury and colin i would keep    the total   1.8m not much so we need money from deilia.

it wiil be interesting in jan 07

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]with sale of all these wiz how much do you think we will get ?

euthu 600,000

jarvis 200,000

thorne  350,000

robinson  100,000 or just let him go please

hughes i would keep.

doc  300,000

fleming free

mcveigh   300,00

drury and colin i would keep    the total   1.8m not much so we need money from deilia.

it wiil be interesting in jan 07

[/quote]

I don''t think you would get a penny for any of them. I am deadly serious about that. Nobody will pay for these failures. As for keeping Hughes I''d pay the other club a hundred thousand to take him. None of these players will attract a fee. Any clubs that wants their services will know that just releasing us from their wage commitment will be enough.

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

Seems to me that there are numerous posters on here more intent on point scoring against others than actually being constructive themselves.

[/quote]You just broke my irony meter.Thanks!

With such a clearout we wont be able to field a team...  when the few players capable of performing well at the champs such as Safri and Drury are asked to leave what hope do we have??   We have no other left back (and there are precious few better than Drury in this league and look how poor boyle was) and Safri despite his absence and inconsistency remains the central midfielder who has had most impact on our season so far.

We need quality performers,  but we also need some cover - even if they are not good enough.   Our whole problem for the 2 season is that decent cover players such as Robbo, Etuhu and Hughes have become certain starters - discard them without replacing them first and we remain an injury away from being an average team.

A clearout is needed but it has to be in a controlled manner while actually growing the squad - the summer must be the earliest that the bulk of any changes happen because we wont bolster the squad sufficiently during Jan, however we may be able to add a face or two who should be good enough to be first choice players.