Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Hughes

I know Andy Hughes isn''t everyone''s favourite player, but some people around me in the Barclay on Saturday really wound me up!

Some people were singing "If Hughes can play for Norwich so can I" which can have nothing but a negative effect on his game. Also with just a few minutes to go & at 1 nil up he got jeered for scooping the ball back to the keeper & not going forward. Ffs, what would these people prefer, a safe ball, to keep posession thus protecting the slender leed, or a ball forward when nothing is on risking giving posession to the opposition? [:^)]

I think it would of been in everyones interest if Hooves had of moved on in the summer. He has been a massive disappointment and has suffered a lot of stick. As Reading turned our original offer down, I would think Hughes is on around £10K a week, which is a lot for a player who has had virtually no impact on the field.

Could turn out to be Worthingtons worst signing in relation to what we paid for him. Like some of his colleagues, I think he is just going through the motions until he is sold. Best if he moves on in January - if another club will take him AND pays off his contract.

There seemed to be a couple of players at every club that are targeted when the team is palying badly, regardless of how they played.  Having said that. I don''t think Hughes has played particularly well since he joined the club, and Im not convinced he is good enought to play in the is division.  Most of the Reading supporters think they got the better half of the deal when Worthy bought him for £500,000.

You never know, he might prove us wrong tonight and score a hatrick!

What Hoozey did do tonight was to play as an emergency left back and do a really, really good job! I''m one of his biggest critics when it comes to playing in midfield, but he''s filled in a few times at full back and done a very solid job. Well done, Hoozey!