Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

What is the point of Richard Balls??

Now I know this Journo is quite popular for his straight talking "voice of the fans" type columns but by the time his words are published his opinions are old old hat, in fact they could have been taken straight off this messageboard.

Take his article dated 24th November where he whines "One of the most glaring questions troubling supporters after the complete no-show at Portman Road and one of our worst derby displays for years was why Grant decided to swap Dion Dublin at the heart of defence for Gary Doherty." I''m sorry Richard but 1st Wizard did it first and did it better!

Balls adds "the last time Grant tinkered with the back four was ahead of our visit to Stoke, where we ended up on the end of a 5-0 caning" Spot on Richard but this fact has been quoted on this board many times lately, originally I seem to remember in a much more original article penned by this boards most entertaining scribe Rudolf Hucker.

The voice of the fans goes on to say "Norwich prised Thorne away from Cardiff City, which was good news for them because at a reported £9,000-a-week, he was their highest paid player." Well Richard, these facts have been researched for us and presented to us many times by our very own Citizen Journalist Foghorn.

The EEN''s new policy of  quoting posters from here in the printed press begs the questin :  What is the point of Richard Balls? [8-)]

I love the Richard Balls column, would be lost without my weekely read of him!

Nutty it is only a handful of us sad City nuts who even read or contribute to this Message Board.  R Balls methinks gets to the parts the Pink Un Website doesn''t get.  Only a few of us have the undoubted pleasure of reading the divergent views of the Wizard change on a daily basis.

Where is he after PG''s apparent dig at the fans brought the desired result, lets hear from you on this subject. 

If he does indeed refer to this board....surely that has to be a good thing.

There are some great posts on here....and if we have an open mind we can learn quite a bit about what is actually going on....views the ECN reporters dare not touch for fear of reaction from the club.

I say ''good on ya''........and lets keep saying what''s on our minds!..............

Although Richard Balls has read these pages, from time-to-time, his opinions are most definitely his own, not the regurgitated wizard-speak or hucker-chunter he appears to be accused of. The column he writes is published on the same day each week, he has to cover 7-days-worth of thoughts and reactions for people who may have less time for regular internet updates on all things yeller''n''green, so will often appear to be going over old ground.I don''t agree with all he says - we''ve had a few debates over the bar - but I think he does his job well - I know the EDP didn''t want him to switch to the Evening News (although they''re all part of our dear hosts stable).By the way, CityAngel, you could have told him you like his column, as you were both in at the same time, last Friday!

Fat Barman, you look good in your shining armour [:P]

I was having a bit of fun when I posted this last night, and wasn''t really accusing Richard Balls of anything. I was pointing out that in the main his article reflected the comments aready made on this board. "What is the point of Richard Balls" is a play on his very own "what is the point of Peter Thorne". It''s you that''s suggested he regurgitated the emminent poster''s thoughts, I just pointed out the similarities [;)]

pete again... are you seriously asking me comment on the whereabouts of the 1st Wizard?? I am sure he will enlighten us on the effects of Peter Grants dig at the fans on last night''s result in his own good time.

cluckaduck makes a good point about the posts on this board and it could be argued the board is better than any newspaper column because here opinions can be and are challenged.

If Richard Balls does read this messageboard then he looks bigger than me so I apologise for any offence I may have caused.

Richard Balls...........Mucho betterio thanio Chris Lakeyo andio thatio Wack Righornio I thinkio.......

Justio practisin''io myio esperantio language.....io....It''s gonna beio a bigio populario lingio - when Mr Bleurghio becomesio El Presidentio of EU....io.

I had a stir-fry for my tea and a muller lite yoghurt..........not together though, as it doesn''t really look nice with a yoghurt poured over it......it was oyster sauce....not the yoghurt though, just the stirfry. I really like noodles and stuff like that..........and yoghurts. 

Now, what was the point of my post.......Aha! you don''t know do you!

''and neither do I.''

Well, must go now....recreation time is over, and some bloke in a white coat keeps tellin'' me to put my strait jacket back on........"Ooh! Aaaagh! Ouch!" "Hey chum, go easy with that cattle prod - I''m makin'' my way back to my padded cell, OK!"

Cheer.......io! from Mell''io........Champion of pointless posting.......io![:|]

Good win last night though........Flash in the pan stuff.......but good - none the less.......io.[;)]