Sign in to follow this  
Herb

And it's a terrible night for the whingers!

It''s all gone quiet over there!See I think this win is down to Grant''s forthright views on the pathetic support on Saturday. He might not have made the best choice of words, and he was wrong about the standard of play, but regards the level of support he was spot on.Since then several of the more rabid "How very dare you!" brigade have stated that they wouldn''t be attending tonight. All I can say is we managed very nicely without you thanks.The other recent target for abuse among said whingers is Robinson. Oh they must be gutted tonight. Home win, goal for Robbo, Grant''s point proved right.What will they find to whinge about now?

Last night... it was a disgrace.

I mean, what I''m I supposed to post now?... Oh yeah, bloody Delia Smith and her tight purse strings... give me a mo... 

How very sad......two inane posts ''gloating'' after one decent result against a poor Leicester side. Is this the level of your debate?

There is NO point to prove lads. Those who remain unimpressed by things at Carrow Road ultimately want the club to progress and do well. Those who remain upbeat and positive throughout it all.....also want the club to progress and do well.

For those like you who seem to want to create some sort of a ''split'' in supporters based on opinions voiced on a message board....I say how very immature..... because you obviously don''t get it do you? Gloat if you wish when we beat Ips**t.......but gloat amongst ourselves when we win?......Hilarious.....

Grow up lads for Gods''sake.....You''re not in the Brownies now.

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

How very sad......two inane posts ''gloating'' after one decent result against a poor Leicester side. Is this the level of your debate?

There is NO point to prove lads. Those who remain unimpressed by things at Carrow Road ultimately want the club to progress and do well. Those who remain upbeat and positive throughout it all.....also want the club to progress and do well.

For those like you who seem to want to create some sort of a ''split'' in supporters based on opinions voiced on a message board....I say how very immature..... because you obviously don''t get it do you? Gloat if you wish when we beat Ips**t.......but gloat amongst ourselves when we win?......Hilarious.....

[/quote]

With some of the whinging going on here I think there is every reason to be happy when we win, I wouldn''t call it gloating though.

I think these posts are rather amusing and to a large extent correct, it does seem to me like people need to find something to moan about so the concept of winding such people up is therefore valid in my eyes. OK nothing is perfect, but I am not sure what coloured tinted spectacles some people wear around here, black maybe?

Oh come on Cluck, it''s a laugh, a joke... I know you''ve defended similar posts to me on other threads. [:D] 

Nothing would make me happier than every city fan being unified in the team''s success. Over the past few days there have been, in my mind, some rediculous arguments for "sacking the clown" etc... In fact I try to make a lot of points to unite us fans (remember the bubble? I do [:)]) - not that I ever expect to have the power to make them work...

You give me far too much credit. If I thought my comments could create any kind of split in this club''s support, I''d be very worried about the dillusions of my influence on people... [:P]

I''m just glad we won!

Now, back to that debate about the Board... [;)] (which, BTW, I find very interesting and worthwhile...[Y])

[/quote]

How do you know I''m not? Eh? [:D]

As whinger-in-chief I expected a riled response from you, thanks for proving me right [:P]

Last night we won and the team played well including the boards whipping boys, namely Hughes, Robinson and Thorne. Proof that herb has a point is the topics on this message board this morning. We have threads about unreserved seating, smoking, changing seats, Craig Fleming (even though he hasn''t played for yonks), traffic on King Street, too many threads and some nutter running on about Richard Balls. These threads are just keeping the board warm for when we lose again and can resume the slating of said players OR when Grant plays tThe Doc instead of Dion.

Where are the "player ratings"? Maybe most keyboards don''t work higher than4??? [;)] [:P]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckaduck"]

[/quote]

How do you know I''m not? Eh? [:D]

As whinger-in-chief I expected a riled response from you, thanks for proving me right [:P]

[/quote]

Point taken lads and maybe I did get a bit shirty. BUT my bloody Combi boiler has broken down and I''ve had no heating or hot water since Saturday!........[:@]....To any heating engineers on here.......[N]

I do maintain however that there are those on here that think some of us moan for the sake of it though. Being fresh and unfettered by the grind of everyday life as I was years ago.....nothing much bothered me. When we get older we sometimes begin to see things before they even happen.....based on what''s gone before at CR over 40 years. Yes I guess you could see it all as ''negative'' from a certain perspective......but we''re wanting things to work just as much as you....in our own ''negative'' kind of way!

Apologies then guys....but I''m cold and grumpy and in need of some warmth right now...........[:)] 

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    Cluck, you seem to consistently miss the point, so let''s spell it out for you. Herb''s post was about the fans. Got it?
[/quote]

Princess Juan.....Often jump into other people''s disagreements to point score do you?......

And I have previously apologised to Herb and mbncfc for being scratchy......

BUT my bloody Combi boiler has broken down and I''ve had no heating or hot water since Saturday!........[:@]....To any heating engineers on here.......[N]

[/quote]

I wish I was a plummer, I''d probably be loaded by now.

Remember Cluck, it is realisim, not negativity... don''t be so hard on yourself [:D]

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    Cluck, you seem to consistently miss the point, so let''s spell it out for you. Herb''s post was about the fans. Got it?
[/quote]

Futile ''point scoring'' again King Juan. For me, Cluck was spot on again, and you couldn''t resist a dig at him, sorry, but thats how I see it.

Much better from Robinson, as one of the players whom has been failing to give his all recently he was much busier yesterday.  If only he had played more like that this last year we might not think he ws crap.  Hughesy is far better when used to fill in the gaps than he will ever be as a first XIer

Good formation from the manager, and at least when he stupidly went 4-5-1 when jarvis came on he saw sense quick sharp and pushed Jarvis up front.

Apart from Cluck & 1st Wiz, this thread represents the "village mentality" thing that Robert Green was on about.

[quote user="shyster"]Apart from Cluck & 1st Wiz, this thread represents the "village mentality" thing that Robert Green was on about.[/quote]

what drivel, just because I am pleased to have won and try to see the positives I am a village idiot! There are some fans here that really do nothing other than whinge, complain and slag off everybody to do with the club (part from Hucks) and we can''t even have a little joke at their expensive without some comment like that, OK, well i''ll burn my PhD thesis, quit my job, and move out of this town and find a village barn to reside in from now on, oh arh wears my favourite piggy i feels a bit lucky tonight, squeel little piggy.

I much appreciate the kind words guys.....and I have already apologised for being a bit scatchy earlier on....... However, it''s a pity that a few others on here aren''t prepared to ''lower themselves'' ocassionally.....but perhaps they too share the Peter Grant mentality of always being right..........

I can live with it though....and that''s all that matters............[:)]

However, it''s a pity that a few others on here aren''t prepared to ''lower themselves'' ocassionally.....but perhaps they too share the Peter Grant mentality of always being right..........

[/quote]

Well pardon me for enjoying a night out and missing your (genuinely suprising) bit of humility [;)] Graciously accepted.Seriously though, I am always right. [:P]

Here here.

[/quote]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckaduck"]

However, it''s a pity that a few others on here aren''t prepared to ''lower themselves'' ocassionally.....but perhaps they too share the Peter Grant mentality of always being right..........

[/quote]

Well pardon me for enjoying a night out and missing your (genuinely suprising) bit of humility [;)] Graciously accepted.

Seriously though, I am always right. [:P]
[/quote]

I have to agree Herb that you are always right AND that you are fully entitled to an enjoyable night out from time to time.....

Now I''ve tasted the joy of humility there is no going back.....I''m fully reformed and will never ever moan again.................[A]

[quote user="cluck_the_positive"]

Now I''ve tasted the joy of humility there is no going back.....I''m fully reformed and will never ever moan again.................[A]

[/quote]Have a word with Wiz, he''s really good at sticking to his guns and not changing his mind.... [6]

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="shyster"]Apart from Cluck & 1st Wiz, this thread represents the "village mentality" thing that Robert Green was on about.[/quote]

what drivel, just because I am pleased to have won and try to see the positives I am a village idiot! There are some fans here that really do nothing other than whinge, complain and slag off everybody to do with the club (part from Hucks) and we can''t even have a little joke at their expensive without some comment like that, OK, well i''ll burn my PhD thesis, quit my job, and move out of this town and find a village barn to reside in from now on, oh arh wears my favourite piggy i feels a bit lucky tonight, squeel little piggy.

[/quote]

Yeah, well, the negatives have far outweighed the positives the last few seasons, so please forgive me for purposely mislaying the rose-tinted specs from time to time.

If I ever lose those specs permantly, can I borrow yours? [:P]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Yeah, well, the negatives have far outweighed the positives the last few seasons, so please forgive me for purposely mislaying the rose-tinted specs from time to time.

[/quote]

sorry, only got 1 pair i''m afraid, and my girlfriend has first dibs when i''m not using them.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With you there again Shyster.......

Some call it negative...others realistic. I''d say you, me and Wiz (among others) are the latter and are therefore less prone to disappointment when it inevitably comes along. It''s a bit like driving a car......always look well ahead to where you are going if want to avoid an accident......by the time you are on top of it.......it''s already too late.

Unfortunately what I see laying in the road ahead of me doesn''t look too brilliant.........

And after I said I would never moan again..............tut tut..............[:)]