Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Give Dublin another year?

I still think the guy has the fitness and is worth keeping for another season to also help with the youth.

I watch him and can tell that the other defenders listen and take everything on board that he says. He has been winning everything in defence and not really put a foot wrong.

What do you think of an extension?

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

I still think the guy has the fitness and is worth keeping for another season to also help with the youth.

I watch him and can tell that the other defenders listen and take everything on board that he says. He has been winning everything in defence and not really put a foot wrong.

What do you think of an extension?

[/quote]

If the rumours are true the last thing Dion needs is an extension... [;)]

I agree, I think he should play in defence all the time. He is particularly good at organizing the others

It''s up to the big man really. I can''t see him wanting to play on if he knew he''d be ineffective.Has always struck me as a very honest pro, if only we had him 10 years back (or indeed hadn''t released him as a youngster!)

I think Dublin is a much better defender than he is striker. I would only extend his contract if he''s going to play in defence as we should be looking to bring in much more talented and mobile centre forward in january!

I cant see him lasting next season as well, but we should do our all to keep him here in a Coaching role, maybe a defensive coach or just someone to have in the dressong room.

Agree with all the comments made, Keep 37DD in defence, keep the doc on the bench or sell him in the January window if we can get something for him, if not free transfer and save the money on the wages bill. We''re still in with a big shout but so is 70% of the Championship!! With only a few points from 5th to 17th.

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

I seriously had doubts when we got him, but he has been good.

Cant really see how Doherty will force his way back in.

[/quote]I thought that about Doherty before the Ipswich match, but look what happened, and Dublin was on the bench.  Every manager has their favourites who they will always play even if they aren''t 100% fit, Worthy had Fleming and Grant has Doherty.  Watch out Saturday against Sunderland.