Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

Size of Club

I was in Italy on holiday recently and was looking at the gates they get for Serie A matches - I was amazed to see that most of the average gates were below 20,000 and some way below 10,000. Obvioulsy Joventus aren''t there right now and they''ve had some other scandals, but they did just win the World Cup.

If you look at our average attandance this season (24,200ish) this is how we stack up versus the biggest clubs and leagues in Europe.

We have the biggest gates in our leagure except for Sunderland

We have bigger gates than 7 teams in the Premiership

We have bigger gates than all teams in the SPL except for Rangers and Celtic

We have bigger gates than 10 teams in Spain''s Primera Liga

There are 14 teams with smaller gates than us in the French first division

7 teams in the German Bundesliga have smaller gates than us

And - most surprisingly - if we were in Serie A we would be in 6th position in terms of attendances

I don''t know what this proves, but there you go......

I think it proves that this ''little Norwich'' mentality is utter rubbish, and we should be considering anything other than premiership football as failure.

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

I was in Italy on holiday recently and was looking at the gates they get for Serie A matches - I was amazed to see that most of the average gates were below 20,000 and some way below 10,000. Obvioulsy Joventus aren''t there right now and they''ve had some other scandals, but they did just win the World Cup.

If you look at our average attandance this season (24,200ish) this is how we stack up versus the biggest clubs and leagues in Europe.

We have the biggest gates in our leagure except for Sunderland

We have bigger gates than 7 teams in the Premiership

We have bigger gates than all teams in the SPL except for Rangers and Celtic

We have bigger gates than 10 teams in Spain''s Primera Liga

There are 14 teams with smaller gates than us in the French first division

7 teams in the German Bundesliga have smaller gates than us

And - most surprisingly - if we were in Serie A we would be in 6th position in terms of attendances

I don''t know what this proves, but there you go......

[/quote]

The diference is Kevin: ''other investment.''

Norwich also attract support disporportionate to their population but they cannot attract wealthy and high paying sponsors or Board members.

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]

The diference is Kevin: ''other investment.''

Norwich also attract support disporportionate to their population but they cannot attract wealthy and high paying sponsors or Board members.

[/quote]

In what way does the club attract support disproportionate to the population? The club attracts support mainly from Norfolk and North Suffolk, an area containing over 1 million people. If anything we still underachieve.

We are a ''smaller club'' in terms of support in England, but not compared to Europe. Simple as that. There is far more support for all clubs in England compared to somewhere like Italy. The small club mentality is irritating, we certainly arent a ''small'' club but relative to the rest of the country we are not a ''big'' club either...

I don''t think we would have heard Geoffrey Watling referring to NCFC as ''little old Norwich'' nor Arthur South or Robert Chase Feeling inferior is a state of mind and something that obviously Delia Smith considers we are and some of our fans are leaning that way too. Imagine if the Ip***t board came out with such a comment eh? we would never let them forget it.

We are fast becoming a little club due to the minimal thinking on the part of the Board and studying the diatribe spewing out of Doncaster''s mouth right now they are not even trying to hide it. Nothing will change now without the removal of DS and her band of Loser and before the usual detractors move in. NO that doesn''t mean the club will automatically fall into the hands of the Russian Mafia. If an investor knew he could put his money into this club and not be dictated to by DS as the figurehead thereafter we might all be pleasantly surprised.

The crowd numbers are all very well, but the cash coming into the club

is not enough to get the fans where they want to be.  There are

not enough top class players who want to spend their time and megga

money in Norfolk and Norwich.  We want a crowd capacity of 40000

and a money-bags sponser who is ready to inject £40,000000 in our club

because he likes us for what we are, (little Norwich).