Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I can't forgive Grant, however..............

I will wish him well in the future, for that would mean City doing well!. And beating The Fosse 3-1 was very handy too.

But forgive and forget his ''disgrace'' remarks?, sorry, no can do. Like him, I''m not prepared to do that, he crossed the same line that Worthy did, and I won''t support anyone who does that.

So, can you forgive and forget?, or do you, like me, find his outburst unforgivable?

TBH I found it quite refreshing that he was willing to say exactly what was on his mind. Too many people (yourself included im sure) thought that he was appointed because he was a ''yes delia'' man but would a ''yes'' man have come out and said all those things?......he clearly is frightened to say something that might upset Delia so for me I took the advise from PG on the chin and gave my vocal support that my team wanted.

This is me drawing a line under the whole thing................just let it go man.

At first I thought Grant''s outburst was a bit over the top - but he''s said as much in his post-match interview.  What is most important - it worked!  Thinking about it, I''m more annoyed about the huge fuss that was made about really very little - that was really a disgrace!

Why have we all become such thin-skinned whingers?  PG shows most of the qualities we desparately need at the club - pride, passion, belief that we can win. This is football, not a garden party. 

Thank goodness common sense and a sense of humour prevailed last night!

Forgiven and forgotten. Holding a grudge is just sulking in my eyes.

...that said, I''m not really sure forgiveness is needed anyway. The fans at the game and Grant seemed to make up last night anyway. Although I''m sure someone on here will bring it up in a year''s time when we lose 3 games on the trott.

So, back to the football... 

Does everyone honestly believe that PG said what he said without discussing it with the board first.  The whole club culture needed a kick up the backside to try and eliminate the negativity surrounding the club.

Did it work?  Well the atmosphere at leicester was certainly better than it has been for a long time.  Andy Hughes got a good reception, and seemed to grow in confidence as the game went on.  Huckerby worked himself into the floor.  Dion and Shackell were excellent at the back, Jurgen is getting better and better.

So do I forgive Peter Grant for his comments.  Yes, in fact I didn''t resent him in the first place.  I like his honesty and his passion.  I applaid his comments about the fans, because to be brutal some of the posters on this forum are pathetic.  The Worthy out brigade have got their wish, still not satisfied they jump on anything they can find, the board (7m personal investment), Carl Robinson, Andy Hughes to name but a few.

Get your act together and start supporting the club you love.  Don''t try and put a negative hex on everything....

Grant''s comments were the signs of an inexperienced manager cracking under pressure.It''s in the past now. So we move on. But it will be remembered.

If we do well this season (by that I mean playoff at least) no-one who''s been all prickly about his outburst will remember or care and that''s you included Wiz, you''ll be saying he''s great. It seemed to work too didn''t it, and as results is what most of us care about, bring on more outbursts Mr Grant. 

Boring....lets move on! Yeah we pay his wages but he too is entitled to his opinion. Maybe disgrace is harsh but we were not loud. Yes its a 2 way thing, but we set our benchmark of noise so why should he not expect it!? We, as Delia said are a 12th man. We were all happy to accept that comment!We play an important part.

For me the comment was refreshing. He calls a spade a spade, its nice to hear in this day and age.(He also keeps re-iterating his desire and determination to get us in the Premier, other managers sweep it under the carpet. Deny it!)

2 things came out of the comment for me:

1) He diverted the attention away from the players in what was a naff performance.

2) He got the exact response from us that he wanted....NOISE!

Well done PG, im fully with you, hopefully from January onwards, people will open their eyes and realise that you want whats best for the club! 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

he crossed the same line that Worthy did,

[/quote]

Not Worthless or clown anymore Wiz?

They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" [U] [;)]

wiz you take everything said by the manager so personally, its as if you actually believe grants addressing you everythime he speaks. you need to understand that the NCFC world doesnt revolve around you. realise this and then your opinions will be rational, and maybe, of value for once. as said above, its fans like you that should get an "....out.co.uk"

it never bothered me, in fact I rather admired his passionate outburst, the crowd may help pay the bills but it doesn''t mean they are exempt from critisism does it?

It''s obvious that Grant isn''t here for the love of the club - he''s here to put himself in the shop window; a virgin manager on the lower rungs who''s intent on making the football world stand up and take notice, and it''s been clear from the off that he yearns for that attention to be immediate.

I personally think he''s a ****  for labeling the fans as a disgrace, but one can''t help admiring the fact that he stood by what he said, especially in light of the probability that Doncaster & co insisted he apologised to the fans.

As far as becoming a successful manager is concerned he''s making all the right noises, and hopefully it won''t be to the detriment of Norwich City FC.

who cares what the manager says it what the players do or dont do that bothers me. He can call me what he wants as long as we get 3 points every week!

I dont know him and never want to so who gives a rat''s arse

Why do people take things that were said in the heat of the moment so personal?!

Okay, lets rumble!.

I went potty when we won last night, and I went mental when Earnie put us in the lead (although I''ve heard a much louder Carrow Road before!) and just like any other good City fan, I don''t boo City players, that more than some of the Barclay can say!..

Some of you who replied, forget I have the same emotions as them when City play, but because I question the manager, somehow they feel they are a better supporter than me. Well, sod that for a game of soldiers!.

I''m no different to any other City fan, so don''t make out the club, doesn''t need me, or stuipdly, that I should stay away. You''ve not been elected judge and jury of NCFC yet. For 50 years now, I''ve followed the yellow and green, with or without your permission, God willing they''ll be a few more years yet.

And you also forget that when, not if, we get promoted, no one will be more over the moon than me, and no doubt, I might just say well done to Mr P Grant.

BUT I STILL WON''T LIKE HIM!.

I seem to remember comments being posted regarding our right as fans to demonstrate our feelings towards Worthy, the board and the players as our team underperformed. Does Grant not have that right too if we are underperforming. We are the club as well as the players the board and the management staff (probably more so), and as such should be criticised of we are not doing our "job" properly.

As has been posted previously, Grant shows all the passion, drive and ambition that seemed to be lacking in Worthy, time will tell if he has the technical and tactical ability to match that drive.

Personally I feel he has the potential to take this club a long way.

OTBC

The man is a genious he got the crowd up for it and it was great to hear Carrow road rocking again ,what he said was 100% correct we did not get behind the team that day and he was only saying what a lot of us would say he used that word for a reason he knew it would get our backs up and  we would try and prove him wrong  and he was right  .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I will wish him well in the future, for that would mean City doing well!. And beating The Fosse 3-1 was very handy too.

But forgive and forget his ''disgrace'' remarks?, sorry, no can do. Like him, I''m not prepared to do that, he crossed the same line that Worthy did, and I won''t support anyone who does that.

So, can you forgive and forget?, or do you, like me, find his outburst unforgivable?

[/quote]

Stop Moaning about what he said. For god sake it worked didn''t it. We all sang and done em proud. The players played well and some players (HUGHES) reacted brilliantly to being chanted at.

If he had said nothing then we would have been the same old crowd. Also he would have been just like Worthy and come out with the same old post match crap.

This is old news now so forget it.

Cheers

Well said Wiz....but personally I largely ignored what he said at the time.....I still maintain that he is a ''chancer'' looking to start climbing the football management ladder at CR. If he''s any good he''ll be off like a shot....if he isn''t Delia will never sack him. Having said that........let''s hope he does the business for us and we can all have a nice progressive period without any aggro.

Genius barclayboy?  I think not. Psychology at work? For sure.........AND how predictable it was that the fans should be ''phenomenal'' with the next breath?   I smell spin and patronisation a foot......with fair sprinkling of gullibility on the part of some supporters.....

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

Well said Wiz....but personally I largely ignored what he said at the time.....I still maintain that he is a ''chancer'' looking to start climbing the football management ladder at CR. If he''s any good he''ll be off like a shot

[/quote]

Do you know, I''ve thought the exact same thing  Cluck, and this was after reading the West Ham fans comments on their own message boards.

Peter Grant only cares about Peter Grant imo, one slight wiff of success and a ''bigger'' club comes calling, he won''t think twice about staying here.

He''s using us!.

As you probably know Wiz, I don''t usually agree with much of what you say or usually the way you say it, but I think you and Cluck have got this one right.

Grant as a person I find it difficult to bring myself to like, I''ve met his type before many a time in my life and I think he is all mouth and no trousers (or kilt even) and will eventually leave us when he has run out of people to blame and excuses to make.

I have to gladly welcome every point he gains for the club and have to be happy( for Norwich) if he succeeds in gaining us promotion.But I don''t have to like him.

I hope Peter Grant is using us Wizard. The choices are a) precisely that ( because he is ambitious ), b) he has no ambition at all or c) he fell in love with our club. ( a ) does not normally happen to football managers unless the manager gets the job at the club he always wanted to manage ( read Shankly or Ferguson ) or the manager grows to love the club he has made a success ( read Curbishley ). ( b) happens far too frequently. Even with true love, Curbishley decided to move on ( I am really curious as to the background behind that ). The kind of love that you and Cluck are currently experiencing for each other is fleeting. Enjoy it while it lasts.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I hope Peter Grant is using us Wizard. The choices are a) precisely that ( because he is ambitious ), b) he has no ambition at all or c) he fell in love with our club. ( a ) does not normally happen to football managers unless the manager gets the job at the club he always wanted to manage ( read Shankly or Ferguson ) or the manager grows to love the club he has made a success ( read Curbishley ). ( b) happens far too frequently. Even with true love, Curbishley decided to move on ( I am really curious as to the background behind that ). The kind of love that you and Cluck are currently experiencing for each other is fleeting. Enjoy it while it lasts.

[/quote]

Some ''alliances'' are based on shared principles and respect Yankee....It would appear that you have a problem with Wiz and maybe you allow that to cloud your vision. You probably have a problem with me too because (a) You consider me to be an ''interloper'' with only a short membership on this board..thus making me less relevant than someone experienced like yourself....(b).You don''t like it because someone actually agrees with Wiz instead of jumping on the usual abuse wagon...(c)....You can''t prove I have weapons of mass destruction...but are going to attack me anyway...........[:)]

"Grant''ll be off if he''s any good" - talk about state the bleedin'' obvious. If there aren''t 99% of managers (and even players) who would see Norwich as a stepping stone I''ll show you my ass. The same goes for almost every club in the land. Get real and just hope he does the very best for us while he''s here. Honestly.

I don''t like very much of what i''ve seen of Peter Grant people like him in football rritate me he''s another Neil Warnock. But if we carry on picking up points and start challenging for promotion then he must have our support, i fear for him if things start going wrong though, because i think the fans will turn on him quickly. If we''d lost to leicester this thread would read very differently.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]    "Grant''ll be off if he''s any good" - talk about state the bleedin'' obvious. If there aren''t 99% of managers (and even players) who would see Norwich as a stepping stone I''ll show you my ass. The same goes for almost every club in the land. Get real and just hope he does the very best for us while he''s here. Honestly.
[/quote]

I pray one day that I might become as insightful as you Princess Juanita........It must be a wonderful feeling........

Good point SHTTA.......One half decent performance and we''re Champions elect again.....PG is a classic gobby chancer on the make and while he must be delighted to be ''back home in Norwich'' again....there is sure to be another ''home town'' out there waiting for the prodigal to return.

IMHO it''s easy to say that "while he''s doing well I''ll support him", but that''s just fickle.

I don''t like him, not one bit, but if we''re going to get anywhere in this league then he needs our (and the board''s) full support. Even after bitching at the fans, the players, the board, whoever.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]So, can you forgive and forget?, or do you, like me, find his outburst unforgivable?[/quote]I''ll just forget, quite simply because I never gave a damn in the first place but if I really did feel offended I''d forgive and forget because its the adult thing to do.Wiz, surely your wouldn''t be so childish as to hold a grudge? But considering your ability to change your opinion, I doubt it''s possible [;)]