Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its the KTF show again!

Firstly I will say that at no point have I advocated that Peter Grant should be sacked. I wasn''t happy with his appointment like others on here...but given a 3 year contract it is apparent that he is here for the duration and it would be unbelievable to pay yet more out in compensation....thus incuring more debt. So I cannot be accused of being a Grant ''outer''.....just a Grant ''non-approver''............

As for Delia Smith.....I''ll repeat that I have nothing personal against her....nor do I resent any part of her career outside football....nor her personal fortune. I remember her very early appearances as a young woman on Anglia Television......and she has come a long way since then....and good luck to her.

Things change greatly however when it comes to her position at NCFC. Whether it is accepted or not...DS was on the decline with regards to tv work. Her ''old fashioned'' style was becoming outmoded and the young bucks had moved in with the flair needed in modern programming. Knowing this....she astutely took her chance to ''buy'' NCFC as a tool to expand her faltering career and create a new window of opportunity for her culinary talents. It takes much more than culinary ability to run a football club....and since her era began the club has slowly lost it''s credibility....to the point that we are viewed as push overs at best.....and a laughing stock at worst. Simply ''loving'' something does not make us competant...as many parents find out when bringing up kids. Delia may indeed ''love'' this club....but smothering it as she is it will go nowhere. Holding on to her place at the helm in the face of decline will ultimately make her a ''hate'' figure....a fate Robert Chase earned....despite running up rather less debt than DS....and giving us some spectacular years on the pitch. Why is he so reviled then?

As for being negative as charged by Yankee in my ''short time'' on this board....I have been a follower of NCFC since my first game in 1962....so being on this board for a short while does not dismiss my years of involvement and interest in the club. I came to this place to air my concerns with fellow supporters....not to be shot at....but it seems that anything which disagrees with the party line makes you a ''moaner''. I call it a ''realist'' myself....but you call it whatever pleases you most.

I have no intention what-so-ever of being ''brow beaten'' or ''bullied'' by those who happen to think differently to me (or who have more brownie points on here).......nor do I intend joining the crowd to criticise posters like the Wiz. He is every bit as loyal and interested in seeing this club move on as the rest of us.....but perhaps less afraid (as in my case) of being packed on by the ''gang''. So please fire away if it gives you pleasure............[:)]

Cluck, you mention that our promotion was ''freak''. You call yourself a true fan? To suggest that being top of the league for five continuous months is anything other than a job bloody well done is a disgrace, and a blight on the memory of the rest of us who thoroughly enjoyed that season - and were truly proud of the achievement.What has taken place since then should not cloud what was a wonderful season, and it is a cheap, cheap shot to suggest otherwise.

[quote user="jelltex"]

I totally agree that players failing to show pride in pulling the shirt on is unacceptable, and any player doing that should never play for the club again. But for now, what other choice is there? Unless Mr 1st Wizz can conjour up a few money trees on the banks of the Wensum, any talk of major changes is just pie in the sky.

[/quote]

Whether or not you intended it Jelltex, you''ve just answered all my questions.

Big A: Oh, how I wish I COULD write as well as Cluck, we seem to have the same ''realist'' outlook on City, but thats all. Plus, his spelling is far better, and his command of English is far superior to mine.

And I wish I could have had a pound for every time some poster has said to me ''Go and support Ip**it'', laughable!.

Cluck,

In addition to the "You''re right Wiz", your original post quite clearly states that "the fans no longer demand success and the club is drifting slowly towards being an Oldham or Chesterfield". I am not ''bullying'' you as you so melodramatically claim (in fact I seem to remember that this is how you categorise most criticism of yourself) but just pointing out that Wiz''s attempt to polarise this issue and get Grant sacked is actually the quickest way to ensure we do become an Oldham or a Chesterfield.

I am certainly not having a go at you but just stating that I think it is unfair to class people who think Grant should have a chance to provide some stability as those who don''t "want anything better than crap as a City fan". Very patronising and unfair. 

I agree Cluck, with everything said. It''s all Delia, Delia, Delia. All about bloody Delia.

Did you watch the FA Cup draw on Sky Sports news where they were with the Tamworth lads and chairman as the draw was made? After they knew they had Norwich, what was one of the first things the Sky reporter asked the Tamworth chairman? "Looking forward to meeting Delia?" - it made me cringe. They spent more time talking about the bloody food and Delia than the fact that they had drawn Norwich City in the cup. I was totally embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I was totally embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.

[/quote]Aww, poor you.What makes me ebarrassed is whinging sods like you.Get a little perspective.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I agree Cluck, with everything said. It''s all Delia, Delia, Delia. All about bloody Delia.

Did you watch the FA Cup draw on Sky Sports news where they were with the Tamworth lads and chairman as the draw was made? After they knew they had Norwich, what was one of the first things the Sky reporter asked the Tamworth chairman? "Looking forward to meeting Delia?" - it made me cringe. They spent more time talking about the bloody food and Delia than the fact that they had drawn Norwich City in the cup. I was totally embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.

[/quote]

A perfect example of what we represent these days Alex...and like you it made me cringe. The entire club''s persona has been hijacked by one single person....and that is very dangerous in my view.

Still....it seems plenty of NCFC fans are happy with this situation....and nothing can change until more of us sit up and take note. There are other similar dominant ''Chairmen'' out there such as Abramovich, Madejski and Mandaric.....but these people have put many millions into their clubs and assured success on the pitch. What exactly has DS done for us for all the worship she engenders? A stack of debt....a crap squad and an image not unlike that of the Tele-tubbies.

Well done Delia!.......you must feel dead chuffed.

I note that Cluck has decided not to respond to Macdougall''s Perm''s post and instead decided to enjoy some mutual back slapping with Alex. Unfortunately Cluck seems to suffer from delusions that he is some maverick independent thinker and that anybody who disagrees with him has been brainwashed (by Delia, the PC lobby etc) into being an obedient little sheep.

I did ask him why he believed this on another thread but was unsurprisingly ignored. In essence independent thought is to be encouraged as long they are also the thoughts of Cluck and unfortunately he doesn''t seem to see the irony in this!

You have to be one of the most miserable depressing people I''ve ever "virtually" encountered.

I think my worst nightmare would be to be waiting for take off on a 24 hour flight and have you park next to me. Wingeing and moaning about everything the pilot does and how you could do it better.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I note that Cluck has decided not to respond to Macdougall''s Perm''s post and instead decided to enjoy some mutual back slapping with Alex. Unfortunately Cluck seems to suffer from delusions that he is some maverick independent thinker and that anybody who disagrees with him has been brainwashed (by Delia, the PC lobby etc) into being an obedient little sheep.

I did ask him why he believed this on another thread but was unsurprisingly ignored. In essence independent thought is to be encouraged as long they are also the thoughts of Cluck and unfortunately he doesn''t seem to see the irony in this!

[/quote]

Shack...I get so much crap thrown at me that I can''t keep up with it......and I do, do my best to try to back up my angle on things if I see it. I have never claimed that I know all of the answers...but there does appear to be alot of conjecture from posters on here without the offer of a solution. Maybe they don''t care to leave themselves wide open to ridicule like me......but I view being proved wrong a lesson worth learning......and not a humiliation.....

It''s only an opinion......not a statement of fact......and initial disagreement can often lead to understanding in the end.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

You have to be one of the most miserable depressing people I''ve ever "virtually" encountered.

I think my worst nightmare would be to be waiting for take off on a 24 hour flight and have you park next to me. Wingeing and moaning about everything the pilot does and how you could do it better.

[/quote]

Happily I don''t live in La La Land Karl.....so it''s pretty unlikely we would ever be on the same plane......

A classic case of making a personal insult though....without offering anything worthwhile in return. That''s too easy to do.............

i get sick of this judge grant in january nonsense. Yes he has inherited this squad but his motivation skills seem non existant, the performances have not picked up, players are not busting a gut for him, his tactical skills are questionable, he changes winning teams, these things we dont have to wait till january to find out. the guys a cheap option, with a big gob, wish him and delia would ride off into the sunset together.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Aww, poor you.
What makes me embarrassed is whinging sods like you.
Get a little perspective.
[/quote]

Alex : Oh Mr Cluckaduck-Smyth, if Sky Sports News mentions Delia Smith once more I''m sure I shall die.

Cluck (Wiping the sweat from Alex''s brow with a hankerchief) : There, there ny dear Alex fear not. I shall ride upon Carrow Road with the help of a kindly wizard and purge the city of Norwich of this evil cook.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

Other than insults Karl, have you any other input?.

Now, now kids. Cluck and Wiz are just cranky because the nurse missed their medication on her rounds this morning, and their arthritis is kicking in.

"It''s Delia, It''s Peter Grant, It''s the Commies, It''s a Big Conspiracy to get Us!!! AAAAAARRGGHHH"

(Let''s sit back now the touchpaper is lit and see who shouts "ageist" first)

Cluck,

I don''t really see which part of my post can be considered to be ''crap'' being thrown at you. It is not insulting, in fact I have gone out of my way to make sure that it is not an insult but a reasoned response to the claims which you and Wiz make in this thread. 

How amusing....Karl, without identifying who he is referring to, says he wouldn''t want to sit besides X on a long trip. Both Cluck and Wizard ( with their positive image of negativity ) reply thinking the aspersion is cast in their direction. Can I suggest the two of you start a thread to see if you could arrive at a decision at which of you is wrong. Of course, it''s entirely possible that you both are. 

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Aww, poor you.
What makes me embarrassed is whinging sods like you.
Get a little perspective.
[/quote]

Alex : Oh Mr Cluckaduck-Smyth, if Sky Sports News mentions Delia Smith once more I''m sure I shall die.

Cluck (Wiping the sweat from Alex''s brow with a hankerchief) : There, there ny dear Alex fear not. I shall ride upon Carrow Road with the help of a kindly wizard and purge the city of Norwich of this evil cook.

[/quote]

What a valuable contribution to the debate...................[|-)]

What''s life actually like up your own backside then Shack?........

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

Other than insults Karl, have you any other input?.

[/quote]

Okay something constructive.

What I''m sick of is people constantly jibeing and constantly trying to pick bones and undermine Peter Grant when quite frankly he has not yet made any signings and really does not have much to work with. We all know the squad is paper thin. What would you suggest PG does?? What formation would you pick to beat the revitalised Wednesday team??? In all honesty most of us would pick similar 11''s to what PG has because to be frank there is little alternative.

Players unmotivated??? Could this not be a hangover from the previous management??

Wiz you also keep metioning his rant at the fans. Do you not think there was a little kidology in his words??? Did it not get the desired effect?? A roaring Carrow Road, 3 points on the board and 3 goals??

I''ll admit he was not my choice for the job, it was Dave Penny before you ask. Revitalised Donny Rovers took them "onwards and upwards", he had also worked with Hunter while getting his badges.

But he is what we have so I will get behind him and judge him on the progress made by season end.