Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its the KTF show again!

Yes, its back again, by popular demand, the ''Keep The Faith'' show returns. Just as we lose, with a c*ap performance.........again, out come the KTFers proclaiming everything is wonderful with Grants canaries in la la land. You know the posts, you know the posters. Everything is rosey, everything is going to plan.

WELL ITS DAMN WELL NOT.

We lost, no shots on target, one little Earn up front and ''Peter the gob'' reckons we should have won, and just like the days of yore, out come the ''faithers'' in support of a bloke who can only talk a good game.

Oh, happy days!.

Seems to me that you are only really ever happy when stirring things up with that wand of yours!

I can think of a place I would like to shove it sometimes.

Sunderland away was never going to be an easy game and it’s certainly one I would have put down as a home win on the pools.

Far too early to judge Peter Grant for now, so why try to start unrest on here. Only you can answer that one my friend.

You seem to be claiming here that as a result of this specific game, nobody should have any faith in our manager.........Yes based on this game alone.

And as a result we can only conclude that the ''Witch Hunt'' returns, proclaiming everything is terrible within Carrow road.

You know the posts, you know the posters, everything terrible everything isn''t going to plan.

WELL IT''S DAMN WELL TOO EARLY TO KNOW.

We lost today, we won during the week and ''WIZ THE GOB'' rekons we should sack the manager, and just like the days of yore out come the ''Hunters'' in total disregard of our overall long term plan.

Oh, happy days!.

Wiz

Does this mean we have to be labeled again? If I don''t want to be a KTFer what is the other gang? Is it still WOers? Can I be a WTFer??? [:)]

Everything is not rosey but the picture is not as bad as you are painting it. We lost 1-0 away to Sunderland, I thought we could win there but I am the eternal optimist. Most people would have put that down as a game we would lose. We even lost 1-0 there when we won this division.

I am not saying you are wrong about Peter Grant, but I am with the poster who said it''s too early to tell. Peter Grant inherited a squad that was short in numbers (Not his fault). He has lost important players through injury (Again not his fault).

I think we all have to hold our nerve a bit because there will be more disappointments to come.

I totally agree with the replies here. It is far to early to judge Peter Grant. He''s made a slight improvement - but its still Worthingtons crap team that he''s having to deal with. Wait until January..

Wiz!!! here you go again, we as a club don''t have either the money or

the will at top level or management to do anything but our best to use

what we have.  I will agree wholeheartedly with your most incisive

remark " WELL IT''S DAMN WELL NOT" Also peter the" gob" as you describe

him,  has it all minus the " think".

Yeh Grant out!!!I was a firm worthy outer but am undecided as to what grant can do for this club. In all honestly there isnt much change in results & performances to date. One thing he seems to lack in the dressing room is to be able to motivate the players in any way shape or form. Do we have another worthy? Or is our current squad that crap that the likes of Shankly, Clough (god rest there soles) & ferguson couldnt do any better with them either? We can only see what happens in the january transfer window whether grant is a wheeler dealer & bringing in what he believes are decent players & getting rid of our dead wood,or should i say Thetford forest as we have that much. Or will we be watching a team made up of half a dozen celtic reserve players & some of our current squad ? At the end of the day we all have our different opinions on football & life & are lucky enough to live in a country where you can freely express your own opnions although that seems to be changing. So why should Wiz stop moaning & posting what he believes to be right in his humble opinion? If you dont like it you dont have to reply do you?

You''re right Wiz......

It seems that if we want anything better than crap as a City fan, we are either ''moaners'' or ''troublemakers''. It''s all very sad really and to be honest I''m thinking we are approaching our true ''level'' as a club....The fans no longer demand success and the club is drifting slowly towards being an Oldham or Chesterfield. Unless everybody stops thinking we are indeed ''little old Norwich''....nothing will change.

I don''t ever get involved with slagging off individual players....because they are pretty much playing to their level as journeymen. I have not called for Grant to be sacked.....because he is what he is and will keep the team plodding ordinarily along.......until he eventually leaves under a cloud.

I don''t think we''re in a minority in the real world Wiz......but it seems the term KTF aptly describes the same limp crowd who wanted to cling onto Worthington.....and who continue to worship their ''saviour'' Delia Smith. La la land is indeed where they reside....because nothing changes in life unless we make it happen....and all we are making happen right now is mediocrity and failure. Progress will only come if we desire it....and I can''t see alot of desire around at present.....just dreamers thinking this clumsy set up can pull off another ''freak'' promotion....so DS can once more blow it all on saucepans.....and grab the limelight on the tv.

Lucky us!

Come on be fair!

When you look at our results under Grant so far you have to be positive. Yes, of course, losing to Ipswich was abysmal but wins against Birmingham, Cardiff, Sunderand and West Brom in particular were superb.

You must remember, Grant is working with the dregs of a stagnant Worthington regime - no Green, McKenzie, Ashton, Francis, Bentley, Crouch, Edworthy, Iwan, Mackay, Svensson etc. With serious injuries to Croft and Chadwick, Worthington''s inability to bring in more deadly strikers (Cotterill, Hulse,Howard etc) and no glittering youth coming through in that department Grant has done exceptionally well. Judge fully him after a couple of transfer windows.

Let him bring in players that more truly match his vision. I think that with the results he has achieved so far he deserves in the very least our patience, support and trust.

Success in football rarely comes as a consequence of irrational knee-jerking Wiz.

OTBC   

I don''t think there are very many posters who think everything is fine at the club, and, I think most of clubs problems go far beyond Grant''s management.

I am a strong critic of Grant, he wouldn''t have been my first choice as Manager, and I don''t think he has yet proven himself capable of managing a team at this level.  However, i think he deserves more time, and I think we should give him at least a full season before we start making any definative judgements about his management style.  

Haven''t you lot sussed out 1st Wiz yet?

He never seems to be satisfied with anything at Carrow Road and seems to get his kicks with controversial postings in order to provoke as many replies as possible. 

I think it is too early to blame Peter Grant for poor results. In my opinion he has an impossible task. And I would argue that superb managers like Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinhio would not be able to turn this club around at present. Why? Because of the abject players who have the audacity to call themselves professional footballers on our playing staff. Until Peter Grant shows the majority of the current squad the door, we will be going nowhere. We can blame the board and the management all we like, but it won''t make a blind bit of difference until the garbage Worthington bought is sold, sacked or go off and live in a hut in the Netherlands (well Marco Boogers did).

Many of you will defend our players, but they are indefensible. How many no-shows has the current crop of players put in over the last 18 months? Far too many. And it won''t change. No amount of yelling at them will change it. Firstly there''s no competition for places in our squad. Secondly the mind set of the players is not up to professional standards. They don''t have the will to win, and if Grant comes and says they do, then please explain the performances on the pitch? Grant will rapidly go the way of Hamilton if he chooses to say things contrary to what is evident on the pitch - i.e he will be sacked and his dream of managing Celtic will never happen. Dickson Etuhu can''t be a professional if he only plays one in five games to an adequate standard. People defend him and say he has potential, but I say he''s close to being finished in professional football unless he bucks his ideas up. Robinson only puts the necessary effort in after severe criticism. McVeigh is a shirker. Jarvis is lazy. Thorne came here and was happy to be a ''squad player'' - and that mindset has continued even with Grant here. Why can''t Louis Jean get himself fit? The problems are deep, and all related to our squad. Until this bunch of useless wasters are shown the door, and players with a professional attitude, who take pride in their performances (like Dion Dublin) and can play at Championship level, then we will be struggling for years.  We do need money to turn it around, but if we continue to pay over the odd wages for medicore rubbish with poor attitudes, then we will be exactly that. And us fans will moan until it changes.

With the exception of the realist Cluck, posters are saying wait until January and see who ''Peter the gob'' brings in, Jeez, you''re having a laugh aren''t you?.

After Doomcaster''s recent statement, do you really believe there''s going to be any REAL money for quality players?, no, thought not. To get quality players in, we would have to sell the championships top scorer and Hucks as well.

And don''t forget, if we don''t go up this season, we''d have to sell whoever we did manage to sign in January too!.

Are you all blind to this shambles?, forget January signings, I''m saying it won''t happen, we will go with Worthy''s cr*p just as we are doing now, just remember who told you.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yes, its back again, by popular demand, the ''Keep The Faith'' show returns. Just as we lose, with a c*ap performance.........again, out come the KTFers proclaiming everything is wonderful with Grants canaries in la la land. You know the posts, you know the posters. Everything is rosey, everything is going to plan.

WELL ITS DAMN WELL NOT.

We lost, no shots on target, one little Earn up front and ''Peter the gob'' reckons we should have won, and just like the days of yore, out come the ''faithers'' in support of a bloke who can only talk a good game.

Oh, happy days!.

[/quote]Calling the kettle black with your GOB remark.

Sorry Wiz but its far too early to judge, lets wait until he has some of his own players in and then see how things are panning out.

Lets get behind him, lets get behind the team and do our best to be a great No 13

shut up wiz!

if we beat Sheff Wed next week the sun will be shining out of Peter Grant''s Arse again in your eyes wont it?

jas :)

Fully agree with everything Wiz and Cluck say in this post.

It infuriates me so much that people keep saying "wait till January" - do they really expect to see 6 out, 6 in? Well get this - NOT A BLOODY HOPE!

We simply CANNOT afford it, and we will again be a selling club.

Do we have to go through this crap every time we have a bad result? If so, it''s going to be a long season.

I was a Worthy Outer, for what it''s worth, and thing we should give Grant a chance.

Maybe 1st Wizz should realises there is another team in this county, and he could find plenty to moan about there.

The last thing we need is this situation with fans moaning about other fans''s views, and yes, I realise I''m doing that, is it too much to ask us to all pull in the same direction for a while?

I totally agree that players failing to show pride in pulling the shirt on is unacceptable, and any player doing that should never play for the club again. But for now, what other choice is there? Unless Mr 1st Wizz can conjour up a few money trees on the banks of the Wensum, any talk of major changes is just pie in the sky.

Just so that everybody knows, Wizard is renowned for his ''dual personalities'' so it wouldn''t surprise me if Cluck and the Wizard are one and the same person.  They certainly seem to like scratching each others back when all arond them point and laugh at the bilge they insist on throwing about on herePathetic isn''t it!Who would have thought that it would be the Wizard who would try to bring back the whole KTF slanging match.  1st Wizard = misery and inaccuracy

Didn''t you join the KTF''s at the beginning of the season Wizard, with an article in the programme?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

shut up wiz!

[/quote]

No, I won''t shut up Jas, read the post by Alex on here, unlike you, he has his eyes fully open. Nothing of note will happen in January.

The problem with what Wiz and Cluck say, Alex, is that it is based on a fundamentally flawed premise. They both seem to assume that people who want to give Grant more of a chance are exhibiting blind faith in him as a manager. I can''t speak for everyone, obviously, but the reason that I want to give him a chance is because I think that getting rid of a manager every six weeks is the surest recipe for a team to start plummeting down the divisions. If Wiz and Cluck want to interpret that as my being a naive idiot showing blind loyalty and polarise the debate, thus dragging us back into the WO/KTF debacle then that is up to them but I would suspect that with most people the situation is not viewed quite so simplistically.

You undoubtedly appear to most of us as a moaner Cluck simply because, in your short time posting, that''s all you seem to do. We all moan sometimes but should find something positive to say once in a while to give balance. There is a huge gap between worshipping Delia and Company and saying they must go. Think about for just a moment. Does Delia, in your view, personify stupidity? If so, I would have to say a lot of people would do well to seek out a healthy dose of it. She has taken simple cooking and made a huge success of it on TV and in books, she has acquired control of a football club she loves and, as a result, probably lives a very comfortable life. Pretty stupid, right? Now you might say, as I believe you have done, that her shortcomings relate to football and in not having a clue at building a football club to a level that matches the potential ambition of our club. There''s certainly enough critics who keep asking "Where has the money gone?" If money was her objective, however, and I were in her position, I would have given the club a "leg-up" to make them highly attractive during the opportunity period and sold the club. Wouldn''t you if extracting money was your objective. There''s certainly investors sniffing around.  

With respect to the comments from Alex "do some of us think we will have 6 players in and 6 out in January", and his answer to his own question that we cannot afford it, well, why not? Some posters think we are paying wages that are three times what''s being paid to players at some clubs above us in the standings. Doesn''t logic suggest that we could afford, from a wage perspective, to offer new and hungrier players more money than they are getting now and still significantly reduce our wage bill into the bargain? That''s assuming the assumptions being made are correct of course. 

There''s nothing wrong with moaning but, please, put a little thought into it.

Everyone has their own point of view which is fair enough, but considering there are so many on here who like a good moan and winge how come the players themselves alays get off so lightly?? I am not talking about indivduals specifically but the team as a whole. According to the Accounts a lot are still earning near to Premiership wages but turning in the same half-hearted performances on a very consistent basis!!

How about they actually earned their money rather than giving up and rolling over when the going gets a bit tough and then going home to their big houses in their 4x4''s. Come on guys is it too much to ask to give your all??? Losing i can cope with as long as they have given their all but i very much doubt that is the case!

Sadly I have to agree with you Wiz. Until the statements were released I was feeling optimistic about january but now it seems that any money we did have has either disappeared or is tied up at other clubs that haven''t paid us for transfers made quite a while ago! Back comes the prudence lines from the board and rather than talking about signings and positive moves forward the statement talks about the need to sell assets etc if we son''t go up. Now I''m left thinking that it will be the same old story - Grant trying to sign players but for one excuse or another it never quite happening just like in the summer.

Maybe he will be able to pick up some bargains and quality free transfers in the window but he will have to pull off a miracle if it transforms us into a promotion winning side by the end of the season. I am also worried by the praise that Grant keeps heaping on players like Robinson and Hughes who with all due respect are the sort of players we need to be replacing with greater quality. I''m not questioning their desire to play for Norwich or their effort - in fact I''m quite a fan of Hughes for his dedication and enthusiasm but when you consider the stick Huckerby has received as one of our most talented players it just doesn''t make sense. Are we really trying that hard to keep Hucks?

It''s a very worrying time for the club and i''m seriously questioning whether Grant is the right man to lead us forward. I won''t write him off yet and I''m not going to be drawn into Grant out/keep the faith debates but January is no longer looking the rosy prospect that it did a while back! It looks like we''re already planning for next season in the Champ rather than going all out to win promotion!

Canary Poirot.  Much of what you say is on the ball.  I only

wish the players were, at least, from the first whistle to the last.

good post.