Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Will posters on this site ever be happy?

Worthy has gone, our squad is paper thin with no options for the manager.  We were unlucky to lose both Croft and Chadwick through injury.   We are an average team and have to live with this until new players can be brought in to hopefully take us up the Division.   Some of you need to get a life!!

ah..  the happy with mediocrity bunch are back.  And I will put money on the fact you backed worthy till the last. 

Hopefully Peter Grant will be a good manager.  I don''t see it happening but hope I am wrong.  We have no previous managerial history to judge him on.  he may well just be a rubbish manager, time will tell.

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Worthy has gone, our squad is paper thin with no options for the manager.  We were unlucky to lose both Croft and Chadwick through injury.   We are an average team and have to live with this until new players can be brought in to hopefully take us up the Division.   Some of you need to get a life!![/quote]

I suppose I''d be a bit happier, if after removin'' Worthy - our squad wasn''t paper thin; with options for the ''new'' manager if the squad was thicker than a yellow pages. Also, if Croft and Chadwick were fit I''d be slightly more cheerful..... I could live with an above average team that has brought in new players who would hopefully take us up the Division. Until then, I suppose I''m still lookin'' for a life.........and hopefully when I''ve found it, I''ll be happy.[:(] 

Ha, Its the fact of me trying to get a life that making me unhappy, but that only cause December in University language = Deadline and STRESS.

Apart of Uni, i am perfectly happy, bit annoyed about Sunderland but as i''ve said before, come Feburary I honestly think Grant will have brought them few additions to the squad to make it a good squad

Bring on the transfer window!

i agree with you on people on here being ultra negative and whinging about anything they can find but you can''t expect everybody to be delighted when "we are an average team"

the simple answer to your question is no. Even with Henry, Terry, Ferdinand, Drogba etc. people would moan about being short changed by the board and having no ambition. The facts you point out are correct and until people relise that they will not stop moaning. We do need a bit more luck, no club in the division has endless supplies of cash so the process of getting a promotion winning team takes time as well as money, but it will always reuqire luck too, just like when we got promoted, we had next to no injuries thaty year. The manager has inherited this squad, he has limted resourses and like every other club is chasing a needle in a haystack, a cheap quality player, but people forget there are no end of the clubs on the same mission.

I thinki most posters will be happy at some point, I just doubt that we will all be happy at the same time.  Supporters expectations of what this team can achieve are always going to differ, and consequently, some supporters are always going to be critical of the clubs ownership and  team management.

We do need to stop complaining as much, but, Imo it''s hard to accept that we are where we are, and it''s going to take a long time before the club is in the right position to start moving forward.

Nope, they won''t.  But it is good to see we have the same percentage of unreasoning, self opinionated, unrealistic and passionate supporters as other clubs.  If you check the forums of other clubs you will find the same debates.  Long may they continue.  We all have the welfare of the club at heart. 

I would disagree on one point though.  We have a few options, not none.  We could try playing the Jarvis bros, Spillane, Eagle, Hendo (when fit) etc.  In their proper positions of course!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

ah..  the happy with mediocrity bunch are back.  And I will put money on the fact you backed worthy till the last. 

Hopefully Peter Grant will be a good manager.  I don''t see it happening but hope I am wrong.  We have no previous managerial history to judge him on.  he may well just be a rubbish manager, time will tell.

[/quote]

There was two points here made by Myra, which might need some elaboration for less emotionally stable amongst you:

1) I think the first point being made was that there''s no point moaning until Grant has the opportunity to bring in new players.  As you say youself CJF "Time will tell..".  In the mean time, we''ve picked up some important victories along the way.

2) Secondly, I think Myra shares my bemusement and disbelief of the near-suicidal tones of recent threads.  CJF - there is a difference between being happy with mediocrity, and being happy despite mediocrity.  Whilst the fate of NCFC is important to me, I have numerous other things going on in my life that keep me happy irrespective of what happens in the football.

I think that Myra''s post was completely legitimate, and indeed reflects the views of many people posting on this site, that we should put the fun back into supporting our football club.  Otherwise, why the hell do we do it? 

Grant will be allowed to make his mark in the transfer window of that I have no doubt.

By no means are all the problems we have his fault.

However I see nothing to be happy about at this present moment if you are a Norwich fan.

1 we are 15th

2 we play unattractive football

3 many of our players are underachieving for their talent level. (Safri, McVeigh, even Huckerby)

4 many of our players are not good enough to be Norwich players (Hughes, Robinson, Etuhu, ect)

5 We have just be humiliated by Ipswich.

Anyone depressed yet?

I am very happy at the minute.  great football, convincing squad, great matchday atmosphere and experience, a board that is in touch with the fanbase, no danger of Huckerby and Earnshaw being sold.  I am very happy, and wish to agree with every positive post.

Does the above sound convincing?  Is this the mindless twaddle every poster should be writing in the spirit of togetherness?

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Worthy has gone, our squad is paper thin with no options for the manager.  We were unlucky to lose both Croft and Chadwick through injury.   We are an average team and have to live with this until new players can be brought in to hopefully take us up the Division.   Some of you need to get a life!![/quote]

Myra,

When you say that some people need to get a life I assume you''re having a dig at people for giving their mixed opinions on this message board.

Havent we seen various letters from you in the EEN giving your opinion on our club, whats so different?

CA

Just a thought crossing between my ears cityangel....when I first came into contact with you on this message board you were such a nice, nice person that wanted to have a nice relationship with all other posters. My style of confrontation really had you perturbed in the early going. Now, three years later, and you have evolved into this poster who actually seeks out an opportunity to confront ( quite right too on this one ). You may well be on the way to becoming a crusty old coot just like me. Be careful girl.

[quote user="JC"]

I am very happy at the minute.  great football, convincing squad, great matchday atmosphere and experience, a board that is in touch with the fanbase, no danger of Huckerby and Earnshaw being sold.  I am very happy, and wish to agree with every positive post.

Does the above sound convincing?  Is this the mindless twaddle every poster should be writing in the spirit of togetherness?

[/quote]

so no chance of looking on the bright side then? why say Earnshaw and Huckerby may leave in January? I''d prefer to say we are lucky to have such players, is this mindless twaddle or me being realistic and seeing the positives? Just because some people try not to moan night and day doesn''t mean they are totally satisfied with the situation, I feel the lows after a defeat too, but so much depression when we are not in the worse predicament imagineable are we? We have a new manager and he needs time to stamp his authority on the team, there is no such thing as a quick fix.

I agree Yankee, 3 years ago I would have agreed with anyone because I wanted to fit in and be liked. Honest aren''t I?

I''ve had to toughen up to survive on here this past year and now I''ve got the fight in my bones to be heard and confront when I don''t agree.

Either that or you''ve brainwashed me you old codger [:)]

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Worthy has gone, our squad is paper thin with no options for the manager.[/quote]

I''m fed up with this line of argument:

"Grant has inherited Worthington''s squad and therefore we must make allowances for the results, and we need to wait until January before we can decide if he''s any good or not."

Playing Huckerby on the left, Earnie as a lone front man, doing the selection hokey-cokey with Dion Dublin when he looks the one solid performer at centre back - they say you can only play the cards you are dealt, but for my money he''s making some odd decisions and hardly getting the best out of what he already has - doesn''t bode particularly well for the future, I suspect.  And of course he has options - what about giving some of the kids a go?  One of the most depressing things about the Ip***** result was seeing us being shredded by young players who wanted it, not hackneyed old lags who run round in circles and occasionally look interested.

So, in summary, no, I''m afraid you are wrong.  Just because he''s new doesn''t mean we shouldn''t point out his mistakes.

The line - "yeah but Peter Grant hasn''t had a chance to bring in his own players yet" is a good one and helps hide a multitude of sins but how many players need to arrive before, in some peoples eyes PG actually takes responsibility - three players - five players - seven players a whole squad? With this line of argument can we agree  - it was Nigel Worthington''s team who won away at Birmingham, won at home to Cardiff and therefore NW should take the credit and not PG?

Maybe this thread has been sent to the wrong address. 

Suggest it is sent to the Board under the heading, ''Are you happy with the present status of the club''.  Compare their response to those of the posters here and you''ll get an idea of the expectations of the supporters and those of the guardians of this great club.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]The line - "yeah but Peter Grant hasn''t had a chance to bring in his own players yet" is a good one and helps hide a multitude of sins but how many players need to arrive before, in some peoples eyes PG actually takes responsibility - three players - five players - seven players a whole squad?
 With this line of argument can we agree  - it was Nigel Worthington''s team who won away at Birmingham, won at home to Cardiff and therefore NW should take the credit and not PG?
[/quote]

That''s a brilliant summary John B......10/10!................[:)]

I''ll be happy once I''m convinced that the people running this football club are fully committed to fulfilling the club''s potential on the field of play.  At the moment I''m not convinced at all, and haven''t been for well over a year now. 

I would be happy right now, in fact ecstatic, if just a teeny weensy bit more of that massive Sky windfall had been invested in the squad. Why does virtually every team in this league have a bigger squad than us? Is it because for some mysterious reason, Norwich City FC costs much more to run than other clubs?

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]I would be happy right now, in fact ecstatic, if just a teeny weensy bit more of that massive Sky windfall had been invested in the squad. Why does virtually every team in this league have a bigger squad than us? Is it because for some mysterious reason, Norwich City FC costs much more to run than other clubs?[/quote]

It''s all that sherry Delia chucks down her neck every week that costing so much

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]I would be happy right now, in fact ecstatic, if just a teeny weensy bit more of that massive Sky windfall had been invested in the squad. Why does virtually every team in this league have a bigger squad than us? Is it because for some mysterious reason, Norwich City FC costs much more to run than other clubs?[/quote]

I think I might go on a bicycle tour of the 92 league clubs to check out the kitchen and restaurant facilities at each of them.......I haven''t a clue who will come out on top though.............[;)]

In answer to the posters original question, no. There are several people on here who if they won the lottery would complain about having to go to the bank to pay in the cheque!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]In answer to the posters original question, no. There are several people on here who if they won the lottery would complain about having to go to the bank to pay in the cheque![/quote]

Agreed but there are also several who could be mugged, beaten and crash the car on the way home and they''d still be whistling zipperdeedooda out of their back sides.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]In answer to the posters original question, no. There are several people on here who if they won the lottery would complain about having to go to the bank to pay in the cheque![/quote]

Agreed but there are also several who could be mugged, beaten and crash the car on the way home and they''d still be whistling zipperdeedooda out of their back sides.

[/quote]

Fair point, but there are a few pwople who are being extremely melodramatic at the moment though IMO.

Love the avatar by the way, "and I said Dolly would you get a polaroid of that......"

[quote user="John Boubepo"]The line - "yeah but Peter Grant hasn''t had a chance to bring in his own players yet" is a good one and helps hide a multitude of sins but how many players need to arrive before, in some peoples eyes PG actually takes responsibility - three players - five players - seven players a whole squad?
 With this line of argument can we agree  - it was Nigel Worthington''s team who won away at Birmingham, won at home to Cardiff and therefore NW should take the credit and not PG?
[/quote]

I''m sorry John but you have this wrong. It was Nigel Worthington''s team that lost 5-0 to stoke but it was Martin Hunters team that won at Birmingham. Peter Grant musn''t be judged until the last Worthington player has left the building. I''m not quite sure if this applies to Huckerby and Earnshaw as well as Robinson, Hughes, Thorne and Doherty, time will tell.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry John but you have this wrong. It was Nigel Worthington''s team that lost 5-0 to stoke but it was Martin Hunters team that won at Birmingham. Peter Grant musn''t be judged until the last Worthington player has left the building. I''m not quite sure if this applies to Huckerby and Earnshaw as well as Robinson, Hughes, Thorne and Doherty, time will tell.

[/quote]

Oh dear nutty.  You''re not serious are you? 

I''ve put up with this sort of garbage for long enough, under the guise of "free speech".  I''ll accept the fact that it''s taken several light years for some people to wake up and realise that the problems with our club are much more fundamental than who the manager happens to be.  But there''s no excuse for it any longer.  You know the truth, but you''d rather go on scapegoating Worthy than face up to it. 

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

Fair point, but there are a few pwople who are being extremely melodramatic at the moment though IMO.

Love the avatar by the way, "and I said Dolly would you get a polaroid of that......"

[/quote]

I shall not complete to quote as I doubt the mod would be to please. However it is great to meet somebody who appreciates the genius of Derek and Clive.

"My name''s John Stitch and I do none stop dancing……”