Sign in to follow this  
Big Rons Brain

Tickets

Right. Bascially I am a member of that hat-trick scheme thing and get 7 home games a year, including both Xmas games. So today, ring the box office, buy an extra ticket for my brother (non member) for the Southend match, as near to me as possible, under the one per member sales, no problems. Then a few minutes later try the same thing to get my sister, a ticket for QPR, am told as she it not a member no can do, say they can''t take the Southend ticket from me but sound upset that I have it (good customer service).  So basically if the second seller was correct, I am getting no advatage from being a member of the hat-trick scheme particulary as it only took a few minutes to get through today and buy a casual ticket as a member for a plumb Boxing day fixture.  Surely I should not loose my right as a member to buy a ticket for a given game because I have made the commitment of buying 7 tickets for randomly chosen games many months in advance? Or should I shut up and stop moaning [:)]

No mate, you  have come to the right place for a good old whinge about the club and you shouldn''t stop moaning. [:D]

The serious side of this post for me is how unfair it is that people who don''t really want their season tickets are stopping others going to games. Surely there could be some sort of system where they can sell their tickets on at face value to people like Big Rons Brain. Perhaps there could be a place on these boards for just that? Moderators? [I]

Big Ron Brians,

I think that you as a member should be entiltled to a ticket to the Southend game and the QPR game.

If you can''t get a QPR ticket when they go on general sale next week, I may have a spare ticket I can sell you at face value.

I''m not sure what it''s like this year, but I found that last year''s Hat Trick plan tended to give you the really rubbish seats - back of the Upper Barclay, back of the Corner Infill, to name but two I got last season.  If you''re a member and going onto a priority plan, surely you should get priority seating.  Sure a lot of the better seats are taken up by season ticket holders, but when I''ve called and got tickets without the plan, the seats are invariably better.The plan is nothing more than a gimmick designed not to guarantee us tickets, but to guarantee the club money.

I didn''t fall for the hat-trick idea this season.  To be honest i''ve not even renewed my memebership this season, and that is partly to do with how badly run the hat trick plan was and how i have been treated by the box office staff on the phone.  My other reason for not renewing was because of the useless manager and the board not sacking him!!  It''s sad that i felt this way as i have been either a season ticket holder or member for each of the previous 15 seasons.

In the premeirship one of the games i had in my hat trick plan was the Man City game, when i got moved to Monday night i phoned up to cancel it (I live in Burton these days and couldn''t get the time off work to go) I asked the box office staff if i could swap for another match, i was told they couldn''t possibly do that but if i wanted i could phone back in couple of days to try and get a ticket for the west brom game.  From memory it was also around the time of the middlesborough match, which also had tickets on sale for members. 

The point about the seats is also true.  In  both seasons i have had the same seat for each game, even though it was not in my preferred part of the ground. 

I say that all members should boycott the hat trick plan or get the club to change it and not charge extra for it.  If you are paying for service you want to get what you paid for!!

I think Norwich are being very clever here - keep the capacity as it is now and people buy season tickets to such a degree that there''s a waiting list. These people obviously feel that a Premiership return is just around the corner!!!. I agree the hat trick plan is a waste of money, last year got games I couldn''t attend so gave up my right to buy only to be told I couldn''t have a ticket for a game I could! This year have just a membership and have got hold of tickets where I want and when (2 memberships though!).

Yesterday I attempted to book tickets at 9.30am and had 50 callers in a que! So called back at lunchtime for the phone to be answered immediately! Tickets ok for Southend but I would suggest the QPR game must be sold out as the only 2 tickets together were either restricted view or back row of the Barclay upper. Come on Norwich why can''t we book via the internet? If you have your number you should be able to do this rather than wait for what I reckon would have been over an hour at 9.30am!

I think all you people who are hanging on to season tickets that you don''t want should do the decent thing and sell them at face value to the people on this thread who are getting such a raw deal from the club. 50 people in a queue to buy tickets and you people grimly hanging on to tickets you don''t want. Come on... it''s nearly Christmas.. stop being selfish and think of others...

nutty nigel,

Who do you know that is ''hanging on to a season ticket that they don''t want''? I have a season ticket in the Barclay that I like very much, thank you &  I don''t consider myself selfish not giving it up.

Good replies, don''t feel like I was being unreasonable now. Basically I would have been much better off being a member only, and spending the extra money getting memberships for people who go to games with me. The  thing the hat-trick scheme prays on is a feeling that tickets will be like gold dust to obtain, and this is obviously not the case at the moment for members.  I agree on the customer serivce issues, the second person I spoke to sounded miserable and I hung up saying "look on the brightside at least you''ve sold a ticket!". For information, my tickets have been in a very similar position, in fact the same seat two times very near the front at the half-way line in the South Stand, I guess this is a marketing scheme to then offer me a season ticket for this seat at some point.

Cheers for the offer of a ticket, but  would want to sit close if not next to my sister and this is not possible in the JJ stand for that game, am fed up with going to games on my own, spoils what used to be a social occasion. Again if I didn''t have the hat-trick scheme, with two memberships could have tried to find two tickets together anywhere in the ground,

hey ho, lets hope the football makes it worth the effort.

Cheers

BRB.

Surely it''s not the fans who are being selfish it''s the board that have jacked prices up and still believe that ground expansion and optimisium is second to ruddy hotels that look rubbish and stupid executive boxes for those who like their gormet food and couldn''t give a damn if we win or lose.

bruces header

I wouldn''t dare suggest that you are selfish for not giving your ticket up, I have a season ticket in the barclay that i like very much and would never give it up. I was just trying to help those posters who say they have season tickets but regret renewing/ won''t be renewing next year/think we should vote with our feet and not attend games until Delia is somehow forced to sell her shares. These are the people who it could be said are being selfish.

Come on you lot, back up your words with deeds and make someone happy for christmas! [G]

season ticket holders can sell their seat back to the club for any game they cant attend.. thus making it available for purchase through the ticket office and allowing someone a chance to go....

More fans should take advantage of this... they are getting to see the game and the ST holder knows he/she will be at the next game in their usual seat.

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No mate, you  have come to the right place for a good old whinge about the club and you shouldn''t stop moaning. [:D]

The serious side of this post for me is how unfair it is that people who don''t really want their season tickets are stopping others going to games. Surely there could be some sort of system where they can sell their tickets on at face value to people like Big Rons Brain. Perhaps there could be a place on these boards for just that? Moderators? [I]

[/quote]

the problem is the logistics of being a plastic card...I miss about 1 every 5 home games due to working shifts...would love to recoup face value...but dont really fancy giving it to some bloke in a pub on the understanding I''ll get it back on a later date....what really needs to happen is for the club to be a bit fairer about of money the buy back scheme produces...i dont bother normally too much hassle for too little return...at the minute they win twice with the buy back

sorry to disagree but the hat-trick plan is an extended membership. you are still only a member ''once''.

you have, in effect , guaranteed a seat for yourself as part of this membership plan and the club allows other members to have next call on remaining tickets before they are sold to non-members e.g. your friends and relations.

as for the merits of the hat-trick plan it does seem a lottery (a friend of mine has got good seats in the jarrold stand for two games so far and did well from his choices) and you either take it or leave it.

Personally, I think its a good compromise for those unwilling or unable to purchase a season ticket who who want to guarantee 7 games (strange hat-trick that one!) when many games may otherwise be sold-out. When you took out the scheme you weren''t to know if we were going to by flying high with tickets more scarce than hen''s teeth or wallowing in mediocrity but that''s the gamble you take (ditto season ticket holders). If you don''t think its worth it then don''t do it next season and hope you can tickets when you want them.