Sign in to follow this  
Mokey76

Did you know that...............................................................................

Hate to be critical but 12 years ago today we were hovering around 9th and had just lost 1-0 to ManUtd at Old Trafford - we would be relegated a few months later.

Think you mean 14 years [;)]

I vaguely recall a Ruel Fox goal at Villa Park ruining my birthday in my mid teens - seeing as my 30th was celebrated in style this weekend seeing TFC get through to the third round to meet you this weekend - it may well have been that year ?

[quote user="Black sheep TFC"]I vaguely recall a Ruel Fox goal at Villa Park ruining my birthday in my mid teens - seeing as my 30th was celebrated in style this weekend seeing TFC get through to the third round to meet you this weekend - it may well have been that year ?[/quote]

if its the 92-93 season we won 3-2 Darren Beckford and the Legend that uis Daryl sutch scored our goals!

someone must of Mickey finned Villa''s drinks to let them score!

Ruel Fox did set up sutchys winner with one of the best pieces of trickery i have ever seen! how he never played for England i just do not know!

jas :)

[quote user="Black sheep TFC"]I vaguely recall a Ruel Fox goal at Villa Park ruining my birthday in my mid teens - seeing as my 30th was celebrated in style this weekend seeing TFC get through to the third round to meet you this weekend - it may well have been that year ?[/quote]

Ruel Fox… What a player! I assume that also makes you a Villa fan, Black sheep TFC? I bet you’re still on cloud nine after the takeover & appointment of the best manager in the land?

Think O''neil is a great manager, and will get the best out of any team he works with, and the takeover could see the playing squad boosted in January, making them real contenders this season, however whether Lerner will be good for the club long term is yet to be seen.

really only follow Tamworth these days (home and away) can''t recall the last Villa game I went to - at least 3 seasons ago. Never know who they''re playing one week to the next either.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

talking about the past

anyone remember this?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010611065149/www.pinkun.com/Content/index.html

a bit apt with all the talk of the foreign investors, 5 years ago we almost became one of the first!!!

[/quote]

Very interesting Greg.  As is Richard Balls'' column of 16th February 2001 entitled "Pitfalls of investing in bricks and mortar".  It states that in 2001 the plan for the hotel was that the club would build it and then make money by flogging it to "a pension fund or similar".  Now Mr Balls is not renowned for getting his facts absolutely right, and the precise nature of the hotel development may have changed since then.  But it makes you think (makes me think, anyway) . . .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Hate to be critical but 12 years ago today we were hovering around 9th and had just lost 1-0 to ManUtd at Old Trafford - we would be relegated a few months later.

Think you mean 14 years [;)]

[/quote]

no it can''t have been 14 years ago, cuase that would mean that i''m 30 and that''s far too horrible a thought!!!!!!

(ok sorry for the typo, but i was supposed to be working!!)