Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

ITS OFFICIAL

we are now up with Wolves as the worst moaning suporters, at the last game I attended (Hull) it was very subdued even where I sit in the snakepit, Our new manager was 100% correct in his statement, I say that even though he wouldn''t have been my choice.

However he is the man in charge and together with our board should be given full backing,

I drive 165 miles to home games and for the 3 hours or so I spend in Norwich at each game I give my all to encourage the team on as I did against Hull even though I got caught in a speed camera on the A14 on the way.

Silly posts insulting the board, the team and the manager do not help at all.

Lets return to all pulling together.

This is not to say I look through rose tinted glasses as clearly we are a long way short of playing the way we should.

Im my opinion we are paying the price of using so many Loan player over the past 3/4 years even though without a loan we would probably not have got Huckerby.

Good as he was in a yellow shirt the loan of Peter Crouch was a waste of time and money in the long term as all it did was put him in the shop window only for Southampton to make a huge profit when they sold him on, loans should only be in an emergency or with a permenant deal agreed as with Chadwick.

Loanees do not make for a settled team or a happy squad.

Sounds like I am turning into a moaner myself.

END OF RANT

I would disagree to a certain extent over your belief that loanees are bad for the club. The arrival, not just of Huckerby, Crouch and the winger (forgotten his name) completely turn around our season. We could not afford all 3 and probably only got huckerby because a keen fan liked what he saw. However, IMO because it worked that time Worthy decided that he could do the same again and has over relied on loans. This ahs allowed the squad to shrink and meant squad players have never got a proper run in the team.

By the way I believe we should have taken a risk and bought Crouch, rather than Huckerby, if he was available that Xmas. Also when we were promoted he became available and we let him go to Southampton. I am convinced if we had had him from the start of the Prem rather than wait until Jan for Ashton we would have stayed up. The team was crying out for a target man , just as it is now.

Those of us who criticised  Wothington probably  had some justification in that things went on  for far too long, and it was obvious what his personal limitations were. But why the  complaints, requests for dismissal, to get rid of PG after just a game or two in charge, with the travesty of a squad left by  his predecessor?  Hampered by injuries, and trying to find his best combination, was not the best time to demand his removal or to go "quiet" on him.I think that PG has made a mistake or two, but I sit in an armchair and judge after the event. Now is not the time, with a very limited squad in both quality and number, to stop supporting the team. The team needs our support more than ever. This time next year, with 2 transfer windows passed, may be the time to condemn the Board or the manager, but surely not now!I agree entirely with your comments about loan players. As I have said before, with the exception of one or two most have been fringe players who could be spared by their clubs and generally not much better than what we had. Many merely kept the bench warm and returned to their clubs having played few games for us. It would be interesting to know how much money these loans have cost - wages, agents fees, etc. Arguably we could have been in a better position now if we had spent the money on a decent scouting system, - when was the last time we bought a young player with potential who blossomed under our deployment? Other clubs have survived in the Premiership, or the Championship, with much slenderer resources than we have, because they have spotted bargains even as far afield as Africa and Eastern Europe.Perhaps having reduced finances will make the club focus more on the medium term than on quick fixes to cover the fact that we were not in the market each summer until all the bargains had gone. Certainly we have wasted a great deal of money, buying some poor players in the process and wasting money on several loan players who made little contribution.

[quote user="jetstream"]

I wish people would stop moaning about people moaning

Damn..just done it myself...Wink [;)]

[/quote]

No, I think there should be more moaning about people moaning about people moaning, so basically I''m moaning at you! 

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]

, loans should only be in an emergency or with a permenant deal agreed

[/quote]

so getting hucks in on loan was a waste of time then was it? there was no fee agreed at the end of the loan.. he went back to Man City and we had to fight off 1 or 2 other sides to get him.

jas :)