Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

What do we all think of our new manager so far?

Well Peter Grant has been with us for a little while now and things have certainly been interesting.

What with our gutless performance against Ipswich the criticism of the fans contribution against Hull and now his comments after the Sunderland game. Some are less that happy.

However we have won to away games at WBA and Birmingham which is a great improvement on our away form before he came.

For some he has talked the talk but not walked the walk. For others he has done ok.

So I thought it would be interesting to poll the fans on here to see what they think of the new gaffer so far.

Please note this is not meant as character assassination a personal attack on the man himself it just a bit of fun to see what people think of his management of our team overall so far.

(1) Hate his management.

(2) Strongly dislike.

(3) Dislike.

(4) Neutral. Can''t judge yet.

(5) Like.

(6) Really like.

(7) GOD! I love him.

Just post the number that represents your opinion at this time and we will see what we get.

Plain-speaking so 5.

Tendency to shoot self in foot, so 3.

Inability to organise players in logical manner, so 2.

Obviously trying hard to get it right, so 5.

Perspiration is not enough - another 2.

Average score 3.

at the moment 3.

Good work getting the crowd going even if it could have been handled better. Honest.....  maybe.   Eyesight..  POOR what match was he watching.  Tactically.... ZERO  terrible so-far.  Getting people onside....  POOR many fans are not liking his style.

Give him time to learn his trade.....hmmmmm    doesnt seem like such a great idea hiring an inexperienced manager at the moment.

I''d give him a 5 on what I''ve seen so far, let''s see who he manages to pick up in the transfer window, then we can judge him on his own team, not the rabble left behind by Worthless.

[quote user="10Bryceland"]4 I would not like to be judged at my job in so short a time, especially having to employ someone elses'' tools![/quote]

"tools" . . . lol

4 for me too

2 on account the guy is full of bull****        also his man management is poor  and tactically he is not any better than Worthington  

Its a 4 from me, wait till he got some of his own players in before judging him

His contrariness & expressions of indignation really get to me...

Being contrary & indignant were two traits of the late Brian Clough, but he also possessed a great knowledge of the game and knew how to get the best out of his staff - a good latterday example would be Martin O''Neil..

From what we''ve witnessed thus far, Grant, has contrariness & indignation in abundance, but the obvious skills needed to become a rated manager are certainly slow to show..

Perhaps they never will.

A 4.  I dont like his management style,  his pronouncements and actions conflict against themselves (eg 442v451, wanting to sign camp and having wanted to send him back to derby when getting ashdown) 

We have improved since Worthy left but we remain infuriatingly inconsistent week in week out - as I said before the sunderland game will the real ncfc stand up?  

To me it seems PG does not yet know how to get the best out of a squad he has been working with for less than 8 weeks and some or many players that he would not have if he had chosen it.   And he started with a team far shorter in terms of size and ability necessary to do what we want him to do - get promoted.

But I remain neutral because I see what the best championship manager has done over the last 12 months.

George Burley has comfortably the best pedigree of any manager in the league.   He should have been our manager.   But in his first 8 months with soton he only stabalised a rocky ship and didnt start this season too greatly.  However throughout that time he has been working to change the shape of the squad and making quality signings.  His team are now progressing up the table and looking like a sound bet for at least a play off spot - and they now carry the burden of my money as likely champions having started to hit form at the right time.  Of all the teams in the top half they strike me as the one to make a break for it and take the league by the horns.   Anyway I digress.

If a manager of his record and ability needs 12 months to shape a squad with strengths and weaknesses (just as ours is now) why should I expect or more ludicrously demand PG to better that?  He has slowed the rot, but not completely stopped it.  We would all like more but its progress so far.

I dont think I am putting my head in the sand,  but I have always expected it to take at least 18 months before we can assess the manager.    That still stands - and I am prepared to take it a month at a time.

Worthy and the board had the chance to correct the situation in the close season and failed;  PGs first chance to show what he can bring comes during Jan - but he has the close season too to gain or lose my support. 

He has to be given the opportunity to interact in the transfer market before any judgement can be formed.  I have to say though from what i have seen so far it aint looking too promising.