Sign in to follow this  
philbuzz

Rick Waghorn

Does anyone sign up to his site? There are some good articles on his site, but I certainly wouldn''t pay to read  them. There''s loads of free information on the tinternet, plus I pay for canaries world. Thoughts please.

I thought Rick Waghorn was taking the p*** when he started this web-site. Talk about self-importance! He is not a Hunter S. Thompson or Paul Morley. I will have nothing to do with his website and never will.

I don''t think so.  As the poster before memorably stated, he''s hardly Hunter S Thompson and, from reading many match reports of his over the years, I would expect his articles to generate all the light of a five watt bulb.

I''ve read some of the stuff on his website and I thought it all looked well written but it does not seem to give an more insight than the Pink''un.

Although he is sometimes quicker with the news.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Does he still live half way between Colney and Carrow Road?

Oh and call me a pedant but it''s t''internet not the tinternet.

[/quote]OK - pedant! [:P]

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

Does he still live half way between Colney and Carrow Road?

Oh and call me a pedant but it''s t''internet not the tinternet.

[/quote]
OK - pedant! [:P]
[/quote]

Cheers, I guess I asked for that. If ensuring accuracy when quoting comic catchphrases is wrong then I don''t wanna be right!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I loathed his work whilst he was at the Pink Un, so why would I join his site now?. He''s total pants in my book!.[/quote]

and i said something similar to this and it didnt get posted....

jas :)

I just checked out this site and it''s just quotes from the Official Site so it seems pointless. Maybe the subscription articles are different. I''m not gonna pay to find out though!

I''d rather read and interact with the posters on this board than read "Voice of the Board" Waghorn or "Voice of the Fans" Balls.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I just checked out this site and it''s just quotes from the Official Site so it seems pointless. Maybe the subscription articles are different. I''m not gonna pay to find out though!

I''d rather read and interact with the posters on this board than read "Voice of the Board" Waghorn or "Voice of the Fans" Balls.

[/quote]

Does that include my contributions Nutty?......or am I like the adverts on tv which are more of an irritant than anything else?.........[;)]

No.. it includes you too [:O]

This must be the only tv station where the irritating adverts go on longer than the programs [:P]

I loathed his work whilst he was at the Pink Un, so why would I join his site now?. He''s total pants in my book!.

>and i said something similar to this and it didnt get posted....<

Not for the first time I have made mild criticism of Rick Waghorn, only to find this has been ignored and never posted. Indeed when I wrote to him in his EEN days to point out obvious errors he never had the courtesy to reply. Join his site ? Why should I ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.. it includes you too [:O]

This must be the only tv station where the irritating adverts go on longer than the programs [:P]

[/quote]

Everybody loves me really....they''re just pretending not to that''s all...........[;)]

To have so many friends is a joy to behold...................

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]Are we talking about the man who, I believe, was once Sports Journalist of the Year?[/quote]

Doherty and Holt were once player of the year [;)]