Sign in to follow this  
spud down the road

Iwan, Iwan, Iwan!

The big man is going to reach the 300 game mark. Good on him! I''d like 2 pay a tribute to the big man as he has been a great and loyal servant to the club and if he wasnt there in the late ninetys then we could be fighting 2nd division relegation in stead of 1st division promotion!!

So, for all those fans fortunate nuff 2 be goin to Burnley if he does come on chant his name and be proud and thankful for the big man.

On another note I reckon he shud start on his 300th appearance not only for sentimental value but because he is still by far and away alot better than the swede who plays like a spud.

IWAN, IWAN, IWAN!!!

This just goes to show how much we SHOULDN''T play Iwan - if a binner wants him to start then he must he more of a hinderance than a help...

To anyone who has read Hucks'' comments about Iwan in the Pink ''Un today, two things really strike me about what he says. 1) It is all in stark contrast to what Mr. Saha is reported to have said about teammate van Nistelrooy and again speaks volumes for the team spirit and mutual respect of players at City, and 2) if Mr. Huckerby isn''t careful, lingers too long in Norfolk and continues to inspire and create in the way we love, he will be in grave danger of becoming just like Iwan...a complete and utter legend!!!
Don''t think twice about canaryboyz, Mook. You and I know that it must be the lunchbreak at school, and when lessons are over, CBBC will be back on, so we won''t be troubled again, methinks.

Sadly Iwan''s to damn old!. If we''re gonna pick legends why not Bill Punton? he''s just as quick!. Svennson, Svennson, Svennson, savvy.

I''m utterly with the Wizard on this one. Iwan may well score, but that''s only if Huckerby dribbles round the whole team and bounces it his shins.

If Huckerby is well marked, Iwan is less than useless.

Sorry Iwan.

Ask the managers and central defenders of the clubs beneath us, yes all the rest of the league, if they would rather have Iwan playing for or against them. Despite his percieved shortcomings such as age, pace, awareness etc he has played an integral part in our success this year. Rather than discuss the negative side, and lets face it if we wanted that we would watch the binmen, lets work together and promote the positives of Iwan and the rest of our glorious squad. They all have apart to play and I would rather look at how their contributions can be maximized!

Iwan does have a part to play in our last 8 games - but they must be as a cameo appearance at the end of the show and not as leading man - Sven & McKenzie far outclass him.

Give Sven your backing - his contribution against Stoke only became apparent when Iwan came on...

OTBC

The EDP listed 18 players who have made more appearances than Iwan Roberts and the majority never had the advantage of ''ten minute games'' to inflate their contribution. Kevin Keelan made 673 appearances and said he never even considered playing for any other club. Compare this to loyal Robbo who made it known, via his agent, that he would never wear another Norwich shirt when his first contract was due for renewal. Then the next time he insisted that if mighty Gillingham were interested he had to listen. At the time of his last contract renewal he was ready to pack his bags to go to Cardiff.
Keelan, Ashman, Stringer, Nethercott were worthy of the description loyal legends.

Loyalty also means not letting your team down and Iwan definitely falls into that bracket for me. He will be a legend when he eventually leaves you only have to listen to the reception he gets when he plays, comes on as a sub, or even when he warms up on the touchline. Every player nowadays will have to listen to offers from other clubs, especially if it is a good move financially. Iwan has a family and he will be providing for them for years to come so why shouldn''t he make as much money now while he is 35. He has given his all for this club since he has been here and I hope he makes his 300th appearance this weekend and scores.

Totally agree, Iwan can no longer do the job that he used to do for us. He can''t hold the ball up and rarely lays it off to the right person. I think he''s a legend and appreciate what he has done for the club, however, we are challenging for promotion which means we have to cut down any dead wood - Iwan Roberts. I''ve liked McKenzie when he''s played and Sven is fitter than Iwan - they should start in attack - with Hux on the left wing of course.
OTBC