Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Well Done Jurgen!

In a season of few highlights, I''d like to praise Jurgen Colin for his performances. last year he looked like a fish out of water this year he''s been one of our best players and there more to come I think particular going forward - he just needs more confidence as sometimes I think he''s scared of making a mistake so doesn''t try anything which isn''t simply. Hopefully in the second half of the year he can get over this as he gains in confidence as often when he has to do something to get out of trouble some of his touches/crossing is quality. Keep it up Jurgen

I agree with you totally. He''s making good progress, without any fuss. But I can''t help looking back nostalgically to Steeno.... I''m sure if he was still around he would improve Colin''s game, particularly the crosses intot he box.

I agree he''s improved but still goes awol when the opposition mount a decent left-wing attack.

Personally, like Doherty''s Player of The Season award last season, I think it shows how poor most of the rest of the team are.

He''s an enigma, but is definitely showing signs of his quality.  He went AWOL for about two of the Ipswich goals at Portaloo Road, but on the same day mounted some great attacks and crossed in a peach of a ball that we were unlucky not to score from.  Can''t remember who was on the end of it, etc, but it was inch-perfect - reminded me of Steeno, for a moment...

i like Jurgen and think he is Player of the year thus far.. he is vastly improved and actually looks like he cares about the club.. he always looks gutted when we lose and looks hungry to win games!

jas :)

Agreed.   I was saying to give the guy time all last season as he obviously had the right attributes.  Funny how all the Louis Jean gang have gone quiet.....

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]In a season of few highlights, I''d like to praise Jurgen Colin for his performances. last year he looked like a fish out of water this year he''s been one of our best players and there more to come I think particular going forward - he just needs more confidence as sometimes I think he''s scared of making a mistake so doesn''t try anything which isn''t simply. Hopefully in the second half of the year he can get over this as he gains in confidence as often when he has to do something to get out of trouble some of his touches/crossing is quality. Keep it up Jurgen[/quote]

Looks like a player who would massively benefit from scoring a goal, if not simply from a confidence point of view.

CJF - that signature was worth logging on today all on its own! Fantastic work to you and its creator.

(PS - What is Lee Croft doing?...)

[quote user="JC"]

Agreed.   I was saying to give the guy time all last season as he obviously had the right attributes.  Funny how all the Louis Jean gang have gone quiet.....

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]In a season of few highlights, I''d like to praise Jurgen Colin for his performances. last year he looked like a fish out of water this year he''s been one of our best players and there more to come I think particular going forward - he just needs more confidence as sometimes I think he''s scared of making a mistake so doesn''t try anything which isn''t simply. Hopefully in the second half of the year he can get over this as he gains in confidence as often when he has to do something to get out of trouble some of his touches/crossing is quality. Keep it up Jurgen[/quote]

[/quote]

im still a  fan of MLJ too.. cant see how he can be judged after 1 and a half games

jas :)

I think Jurgen has made progress this year but he has quite some way to go before getting to ''Player of the Year'' category.  Of course perhaps this an easier year to win it!  But getting back to Jurgen and to an extent Adam Drury as well, how often do our full backs beat a man or two, get to the bye line and send over a decent cross? Jurgen is enthusiastic but rarely in a game is he an attacking threat and until City have pacy full backs who are a threat then our chances of scoring many in a game are seriously reduced.

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Er...have the "Louis Jean gang" not gone quiet because the guy''s been out injured so it''s a moot point discussing whether he''d be a better choice than Colin? Or are you perhaps just taking any excuse you can find to attack people who disagree with your point of view!!?

[quote user="mbncfc"]

CJF - that signature was worth logging on today all on its own! Fantastic work to you and its creator.

(PS - What is Lee Croft doing?...)

[/quote]

its brilliant innit!!  I copied it from LQ''s signature on the official message board, I aint one for nicking someones signature but LQ doesnt post here much.

I think it was done by poster ''pm'' from the official site msg board.  Good Work!!

Not quite POTY standard but he has been solid and a top candidate for most improved player this season.

Mind you trying to find a POTY candidate beyond earnie probably does have colin fighting croft for second place at the mo...