Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

If we ever get an offer then it's Delia step aside

We can''t compete. We can''t keep up with. We don''t have the money. This is what we are being told all the time. And that’s fine because that is the truth. With other clubs like Derby having big investors Doncaster has a credible reason that he is able to run out as an excuse every time we don''t move forward and the fans get restless. Well in that case lets put the club up for sale. We have much offer a new investor good ground, excellent training facilities, relatively good fan base and a fairly good pedigree. So let sell up to somebody who can allow us to compete financially with the mighty Derby. So If you love us so much as you say Delia step aside and let somebody else have a go. Oh by the way I reckon you''d be gone and all Mr Doncaster. And good riddance.

I''d like to see us up for sale. Lets actively seek a buyer. What say you lot. Bet I get pelters for this.

I''m with you 100% HH.  I''ve just posted the same sort of thing on another thread.  

"We can''t compete" really means "We don''t want to compete".  If a football club does not want to compete, there is no reason for it to exist.

For what little its worth, I''m a 100% behind you Hardhouse (See, I still haven''t changed my mind!) Her and Doomcaster are everything that wrong with our club, oh for a Branson!.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

I''m with you 100% HH.  I''ve just posted the same sort of thing on another thread.  

"We can''t compete" really means "We don''t want to compete".  If a football club does not want to compete, there is no reason for it to exist.

[/quote]

"If a football club does not want to compete, there is no reason for it to exist" WHACK

You have hit the nail on the head. There is no reason, except that I am starting to feel this club is Delia play thing. It all drinks before and after and a good day out stuff as far as Smith and Jones are concerned and hey if we win she can have another. As for Doncaster yes his interest is for the club to be running smooth so he can draw a fat pay cheque. Nothing else matters.

Then you have the fans who either don’t know better times the new boys who have gotten in to football because it has become fashionable and the others who just love all the players and don''t want any thing to change.

Let face it though the rest off us are just plain Pi$$ off with being crap. Watching Crap and now having to listen to it from the like of Doncaster and Delia.

Change is a good thing sometimes and for this club I can''t see how it could make matters worse.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

We can''t compete. We can''t keep up with. We don''t have the money. This is what we are being told all the time. And that’s fine because that is the truth. With other clubs like Derby having big investors Doncaster has a credible reason that he is able to run out as an excuse every time we don''t move forward and the fans get restless. Well in that case lets put the club up for sale. We have much offer a new investor good ground, excellent training facilities, relatively good fan base and a fairly good pedigree. So let sell up to somebody who can allow us to compete financially with the mighty Derby. So If you love us so much as you say Delia step aside and let somebody else have a go. Oh by the way I reckon you''d be gone and all Mr Doncaster. And good riddance.

I''d like to see us up for sale. Lets actively seek a buyer. What say you lot. Bet I get pelters for this.

[/quote]

i still wish Aldo Spinelli had got us (we also had that Di Stefano bloke linked with us once.. glad we didnt agree to him!). what Spinelli has done wityh Livorno over the past 11 years is exceptional! he was in the running to buy the club before Delia did...

3 promotions, an Italian cup and now Europe since he took over a struggling serie C side no one had heard of... if only it had been us!

if a buyer came in Delia should sell up

jas :)

I agree we are not competing and have been critical of this board for not trying to compete. They made a mistake by not getting in Ashton when Worthy wanted him and obviously haven''t learned from that. I guess we are not in possesion of all the facts but on face value from what we do know, this board is not showing enough ambition for most of the fans. However, if we were to finish above Derby County this season, would the Board take any credit or would they be compared to any other club that may have finished above us?

Sacking the Board is way too extreme for me at this time, but I guess if they keep making the same mistakes they will eventually run out of chances.

I agree with you up to a point, HH.  Frustration and impatience are understandable, especially when there appears to be no desire for change from the boardroom.  We need a very good January sales window, a decent cup run, and consistency in the league to inspire some confidence in the fanbase, maybe leading into a play-offs position by May to keep most fans happy.  That said, Grants position as manager should be safe until the end of next season at least - he needs time to make the squad his.

However - How would you go about actively seeking a buyer for the club ?  Bearing in mind that you would be attempting to sell something that doesn''t belong to you, and as a fan you probably have as many contacts with multi-millionaires as I do - none.  Villa fans ran "Ellis Out" campaigns season in season out in the 90s, he only sold out when a very rich man made him an offer he couldn''t refuse.

So what can you - the fan - do ?  Put the club up on ebay ?  It''s been done with so many journeymen players now it''s not funny or different any more.  Print up some red cards with Delias'' fizzog on the front and have a march at the next televised game ?  Do you know the way to Tamworth ?  I assume you''ll be registering a website domain ?  Or maybe the limit of your commitment is a moan on here and attending the games after all. 

Implementing change takes a lot of hard work, and frankly i don''t think you have it in you.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I agree with you up to a point, HH.  Frustration and impatience are understandable, especially when there appears to be no desire for change from the boardroom.  We need a very good January sales window, a decent cup run, and consistency in the league to inspire some confidence in the fanbase, maybe leading into a play-offs position by May to keep most fans happy.  That said, Grants position as manager should be safe until the end of next season at least - he needs time to make the squad his.

However - How would you go about actively seeking a buyer for the club ?  Bearing in mind that you would be attempting to sell something that doesn''t belong to you, and as a fan you probably have as many contacts with multi-millionaires as I do - none.  Villa fans ran "Ellis Out" campaigns season in season out in the 90s, he only sold out when a very rich man made him an offer he couldn''t refuse.

So what can you - the fan - do ?  Put the club up on ebay ?  It''s been done with so many journeymen players now it''s not funny or different any more.  Print up some red cards with Delias'' fizzog on the front and have a march at the next televised game ?  Do you know the way to Tamworth ?  I assume you''ll be registering a website domain ?  Or maybe the limit of your commitment is a moan on here and attending the games after all. 

Implementing change takes a lot of hard work, and frankly i don''t think you have it in you.

[/quote]

Delia''s ego is as fragile as the next celeb. She has never been on the end of the fan wrath. If she is the great FAN she claims to be then she herself could actively seek a new buyer. She would then be able sit back and watch us return to the more successful days of yore: that we experienced under Mr Chase. I have said on here several times before that it is sometimes better the devil you know. I know that much of Mr Chase reign was flawed but as I have said before he knew that a certain level of performance and quality of football was required. Now I am not for one moment saying Chase was the answer or that we should go back to that type of control but under him we had our greatest ever times. Delia will not always be that darling of the stands and when she isn''t you might just see her change her stance and run for the hills. You seem to think that I was intending to start a revolt on my own. Well that was never my thoughts. I was just offering what I see as a possibility for change and success. I don''t have it in me to do that myself you right. I''m to busy for a start running my own company. And after all it only football and I’m quite able to keep it all in prospective. I mean there''s the 5 foreign holidays a year to go on and my Jag need a service so no I doubt I''d have the time. You could do it though I know you could.

Strewth  Hardhouse44!!! Ya don''t ''arf like to big note yerself!! Nice to see yer don''t bludge yer life away but.... so fair dinkum to yer!

Stone the flamin'' crows! I ''ave enough to do ''ere runnin'' this flamin'' diner... checkin'' me crabpots... doin'' the bush rescue an'' sortin'' out all the drongo''s on the bay without puttin'' the bite on a board that couldn''t organise a root in a brewery!

Flamin'' Galahs the lot of ''em! [ip][ap][~][^][<:o)]

Would it devalue things if I agree with the gist of things here? No need to add anything as it is all so eloquently put.......[Y]

I posted this on a similiar thread but it is just as applicable here so no aplogies for the repeat:

Just imagine for a moment that your neighbours try to sell your house because they all think that someone different in your house would be better for the neighbourhood than you are.  They do the deal and tell you that you must sell to their approved buyer

Go along with that would you?  Sell your pride and joy because other people who don''t own your home but as neighbours have an interest in what goes on in and around your home tell you that they want you to sell because it''s better for them?   Or would you say "Sod off.  This is my house and I''ll decide when and whether to sell what belongs to me,  It is nothing to do with you.  If you don''t like what I do in my home then you can move".

So how exactly are we fans going to invite some football crazed multimillionaire to buy the Club which isn''t ours to sell and persuade Delia and Michael to sell their shares- their property- if they don''t want to?

Why not talk about something more realsitic like signing Rooney for a fiver?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I posted this on a similiar thread but it is just as applicable here so no aplogies for the repeat:

Just imagine for a moment that your neighbours try to sell your house because they all think that someone different in your house would be better for the neighbourhood than you are.  They do the deal and tell you that you must sell to their approved buyer

Go along with that would you?  Sell your pride and joy because other people who don''t own your home but as neighbours have an interest in what goes on in and around your home tell you that they want you to sell because it''s better for them?   Or would you say "Sod off.  This is my house and I''ll decide when and whether to sell what belongs to me,  It is nothing to do with you.  If you don''t like what I do in my home then you can move".

So how exactly are we fans going to invite some football crazed multimillionaire to buy the Club which isn''t ours to sell and persuade Delia and Michael to sell their shares- their property- if they don''t want to?

[/quote]

The difference being that I bought my house to suit one family......not the 24000 regular paying customers, plus many more thousands of fans spread across the globe!

The club is an institution ''spiritually'' owned by the people of Norfolk...rather than just a plaything belonging to one individual. Poor agrument Cambridge....but if you can arrange the £5 transfer of Rooney to CR....I''ll stump up the dosh..........[Y]

The problem as I see it is that a lot of the people now investing in football are doing so for the real estate value more than anything else. Not everybody is an Abramovich, who can afford to plough millions into a club and not really care about making profits in the short term.

Look at the new owner of West ham, as soon as he had taken over he was straight to the government to enquire about moving to the new olympic stadium after 2012. I wonder why?

Similarly the new interest in purchasing Liverpool comes after they sought planning permission to build a new ground on Stanley Park. Why do you think that is? Could it possibly be so they can build executive flats on the old Anfield site and sell them to gullible scousers who want to live on Shankly Way, King Kenny Close or Ronnie Rosenthal Road!

Do we really want this type of investment, be careful what you wish for.

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

The difference being that I bought my house to suit one family......not the 24000 regular paying customers, plus many more thousands of fans spread across the globe!

The club is an institution ''spiritually'' owned by the people of Norfolk...rather than just a plaything belonging to one individual. Poor agrument Cambridge....but if you can arrange the £5 transfer of Rooney to CR....I''ll stump up the dosh..........[Y]

[/quote]

You could be more wrong Cluck but I''m not sure how.   A plaything belonging to one individual is precisely what the club is as are Chelsea, ManUre , Aston Villa and all majority owned clubs.

You own the Club spritiually as much as you own MacDonalds because you like their burgers or Marks and Spencers because you buy their knickers or Channel 4 because you watch Friends.  We are customers of a business. We have a special loyalty that means we continue to purchase that business''s products irrespective of quality, customer care or value.

We have the choice to buy or not buy the Club''s products; we are entitled to try and influence the company''s policies but we have no greater right than that unless we own shares and have the protections afforded by law to minority shareholders.   If the Board wound up the club tomorrow and took their profit then we would be powerless.  It has been proven time and again over the last 37 years that I''ve been a supporter that the fans turn up come what may.  That makes us reliable customers.  It does not make us spiritual owners.

Cluck, I respect your criticisms of the Board''s decisions and performances even when I sometimes don''t agree with you.  In this instance, you are so far divorced from reality that you do your general good sense a disservice.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You could be more wrong Cluck but I''m not sure how.   A plaything belonging to one individual is precisely what the club is as are Chelsea, ManUre , Aston Villa and all majority owned clubs.

You own the Club spritiually as much as you own MacDonalds because you like their burgers or Marks and Spencers because you buy their knickers or Channel 4 because you watch Friends.  We are customers of a business. We have a special loyalty that means we continue to purchase that business''s products irrespective of quality, customer care or value.

We have the choice to buy or not buy the Club''s products; we are entitled to try and influence the company''s policies but we have no greater right than that unless we own shares and have the protections afforded by law to minority shareholders.   If the Board wound up the club tomorrow and took their profit then we would be powerless.  It has been proven time and again over the last 37 years that I''ve been a supporter that the fans turn up come what may.  That makes us reliable customers.  It does not make us spiritual owners.

Cluck, I respect your criticisms of the Board''s decisions and performances even when I sometimes don''t agree with you.  In this instance, you are so far divorced from reality that you do your general good sense a disservice.

[/quote]

Thanks Cambridge....I''ll take that as a compliment then...........[:)]  Over the past 37 years the fans have not always turned up ''come what may'' as you suggest....I remember gates of 13,000....and it''s not impossible that that may happen again. The ''fans'' do indeed hold the spirit of this club....and that is something money cannot buy. As I''ve said before....without DS our club will always survive.....but without US the fans it would crumble. So who actually controls the future of NCFC?..................

How''s the negotiations going on with Rooney by the way? I''ve drawn the fiver out from the Post Office just incase............[:)]