Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

The official accounts thread

I have just read the ariticle that we are still owed millions in transfer fees from other clubs and we are 19 million still in debt.

Can you believe that you sell a player and wait for so long to get the money. Im sorry but if you want to buy a player then you should cough up immediately and not pay monthly or yearly instalments.

How big was Worhtless contract? we payed him off 600,000!!!!!!!!! what a disgrace, no way he was worth a contract that size.

We better have the money come January, as we need at least two new defenders a midfielder and a stricker.

Cough up now all you clubs that owe us money.

Who agrees that Delia and CO are to damm soft?

I told you, I damn well told you!.  But there are posters on here who would rather ''point score'' off me, than see the plain truth of the matter.

Forget any decent signings in January, because reading the article (link below) Doomcaster is preparing the excuses already for lack of January transfer activity by this club.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED01%20Dec%202006%2008%3A29%3A26%3A567

And what away to do buisness eh?, the club is owed millions, we, the supporters, will never see any real benefits for our ''flogged off'' silver. No, imo, that will again ''vanish'' in the accounting process. I said only a few days ago that this would happen, although Herb will deny this!, but I can produce all my posts on this subject if I have to.

The board in my opinion, are not fit to run this club of ours, and should be removed from office if the club is to go forward. Forget any major new signings it won''t happen, unless Hucks, Earnie and others are sold, and even then don''t hold your breath, because we''ll only get the money in three years time!......

We are being set up, and its a joke.

Enjoy!

So good old Nigel was on £600,000 per year.  That must mean Peter Grant is on the same money or similar.  That also means that the players in the team are on the same money but probably more.  They are very, very highly paid “entertainers”, however, apparently they can’t do their jobs properly unless the crowd give them vocal support for 90 minutes.  And if the crowd, who pay these peoples wages by the way, and who travel up and down the country for ridiculous amounts of money, and who mostly earn probably 25-30 times less per year than this, aren’t going crazy at the sight of Paul McVeigh not chasing balls because he can’t be bothered etc, they are branded a “disgrace” by the manager.  The maths just don’t add up.  The players must generate enthusiasm from the supporters, not the other way round.  That is their job.  Norwich City supporters have seen players such as Gunny, Crooky, Flecky, Jamie Cureton, Darren Eadie, Super Chris, Ruel etc.  Genuine entertainers who cared for the club, and had an affinity with the fans.  They didn’t need motivating from the crowd, they wore the shirt with pride and passion, and in return, this commitment and passion spread to the supportes watching them.  That is what creates singing and atmosphere.  My faith is now being sorely tested.

No wonder Worthington ''behaved with diginty'' when he was sacked. I wish I could do my job badly for several years and leave with 600 grand.

Get a life and get off the clubs'' back.  All football is financed this way.  We are still paying for Earnshaw and possibly others.  Are you advocating the club settling all its debts NOW and stsrting with a clean sheet as an example to the footballing world in general?  Will your own contribution, possibly a 50p Postal Order, be in the post tonight? 

Like it or not we were contractually obliged to pay off Worthy and we will have to do the same if Grant is driven out before having a chance to prove himself.  Real life ain''t like the movies y''know.

Give me a viable, practical and workable alternative plan and I will consider it.  Until then I will treat these pie in the sky rants as the entertainment it is.

I totaly agree with you now 1st wizzard, how can a club be run like this??

Any club with any ambition would demand the full payment, so that we can afford new contracts for our best players e.g Huckerby.

Its a bl**dy disgrace and the board should clear off now. What can us fans do????? we are powerless to the great Doomcaster.

As ive said before Doomcaster is a massive problem at our club, all he does is make poitnless excuses about not having enough money, well i say get it from the clubs that owe us.

I really suggest you take a bit of time and read the articles in full. There are good reasons why those deals were structured in that way, exactly as we and all other Clubs in 2006 undertake their transfer activities. Do you really think we are able to break the mould and do our deals differently. We operate in a Market Place where the rules are set by the Clubs and we have no choice other than to co-operate to get the best deals available at the time. Get real and get behind the Club in going for promotion, which I think is distinctly possible, albeit still going to be difficult.

Delias messanger Neil Doomcaster has said that the best way to sell players is in installments because you get more, ok fair enough because you can budget for the money, you know where you stand and so it isn''t a huge problem as you can spend it in advance with no huge risk.  

"I wouldn''t accept that there''s any weakness in any of the deals that have been done. If you are trying to get the best possible price you may have to accept it over longer terms. If you want all the money up front, it may mean a smaller transfer fee.” Doncaster Quote

However, if this is the case why did we pay in installments for Rob Earnshaw when if we had have offered it all up front the overall cost would have been less according to doncaster. He appears to have cut his nose to spite his face or however the saying goes.

It appears the clubs overall wage bill is a joke. They say there was a wage cut based on relegation (i think 25%) yet our wage total was 9 Million for the 14 month period, only 2 million less than in the premiership. Considering we sold some big earners floowing relegation this doesnt addup to me, i suppse it means the players we signed that summer (hughes etc) are on near prem,iership wages.

They say we may have to sell players, i have 1 question. How do clubs like Colchester, Stoke, Burnley, etcx survive, they have poor gates, no prem cash, and no big assets sold recently. Stoke and burnley grounds will cost as much to run as ours so why are we in such problems after al the parachute money, player sales etc. The answer appears to be our wage bill, it really bugs me that sides like colchester are doing better than us in the championship with players who are probably on 75k a year max, compared to ours who will be on 250k. Is this our major problem or is there something else; are we secretly paying Delia invstments off, is the academy costly to run, is the jarrold stand a financial nightmare, do we have uncontrolable costs for no reasom, do we employ too many staff?

The other thing is Nigel Worthington, 11,500k a week in the championsip, oh dear the world (our board ) has gone mad!

Thoughts?

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

I have just read the ariticle that we are still owed millions in transfer fees from other clubs and we are 19 million still in debt.

Can you believe that you sell a player and wait for so long to get the money. Im sorry but if you want to buy a player then you should cough up immediately and not pay monthly or yearly instalments.

How big was Worhtless contract? we payed him off 600,000!!!!!!!!! what a disgrace, no way he was worth a contract that size.

We better have the money come January, as we need at least two new defenders a midfielder and a stricker.

Cough up now all you clubs that owe us money.

Who agrees that Delia and CO are to damm soft?

[/quote]

Actually that is reletively cheap. Just imagine if they had given him a new five year contract on reaching the premiership - you would be looking at treble that.

Wait untill January to see what we have by then. The one thing I don''t understand is the wage bill. It dropped by only £3million even though most of the players we had signed for the premiership and therefore on the highest wages had left.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

yet our wage total was 9 Million for the 14 month period,

[/quote]

Or a 12 month period if you read things properley!

The reason why i dont agree with this is becuase you cant just bring in a quality player as there is not enough money in the pot.

Are we paying Worthless off in instalments????????????

So the accounts, published today, show that our last manager received '' only '' £600,000 -- one years salary -- as a goodbye payment....

I must say that I thought it would have been a bit higher, probably closer to a million, but presumably the figure reflects the fact that he left the club as a Championship manager and consequently his salary was reduced following relegation.

What is of more concern is the ominous warning that, should we not achieve promotion this season then.... " it will be necessary to generate surplus funds for future players by selling assets ". In plain English this means that, at best, and whatever the player''s wishes, Earnie''s days will be numbered should we not be in the Premiership come August next year.

So no pressure there then PG..........

Unless the rules have changed sacked managers were paid their salary monthly for the unexpired contract term, and if they found another job while still under contract the payments would stop.  If this is still applicable why £600k up front.

What do you mean Earnshaws days will be numbered????? He was in the Premiership if you remember with WBA and dropped down to the championship with us.

It doesnt matter to Earnshaw if he is in the premier league or not, he not that sort of person. He is happy where he is. Who is your source??????

Am i the only one who thinks that 600,000 is a stupid amount of money??????

I totaly agree with you now 1st wizzard, how can a club be run like this??

Any club with any ambition would demand the full payment, so that we can afford new contracts for our best players e.g Huckerby.

[/quote]

So we should demand our money in full at the time of sale. Lucky West Brom didn''t for Earnie. Lucky Crewe didn''t for Ashton. I am sure the list goes on! The whole world is run on credit, I but I expect you pay in full for everything and don''t have a credit card.

Who are we comparing our board to here? Is there a good example of similar clubs where their board is performing better. Eg would we prefer to have Ken Bates or perhaps Roman Abramovich?

I have just read with interest what the board in the form of Doncaster and Mumby has said in conjunction with the release of the clubs accounts.

Among the management speak for want of a better term we are told that we are in good company, with the other relegated teams from the last 2 premiership season having failed to gain a return to the top flight. This is a statement designed to qualify our failure.

We are also told and I quote:

“A combination of injuries, unsettled players who wanted to transfer to Premiership clubs, inconsistent form, a loss of confidence and, above all, the loss of momentum and morale that accompanied relegation - all this, against a background of huge expectation, conspired against us.”

Injuries are something all clubs get. You must rely on depth of squad. Unsettled players wanting the premiership. Well this is Ashton. He would have stayed had he thought we were going up. He knew that we were not good enough. Inconsistent form. This is down to the players and management. Loss of momentum and moral that accompanied relegation. Again only the players and management could address that. Finally the background of huge expectation. Right this is our fault again. All I will say is that our high expectations were mirrored by both the media and bookmakers who all had us a favourites to return to the premiership.

The point of my post is a no time has the blame been directed at the club. Is this not just the biggest bunch of waffle ever.

The truth is all of the reasons except for the huge expectations which I see as just another dig from the club at us fans, are due to bad management and the poor quality of players the club signed. Whether or not you blame that completely on Worthington or not is a individuals own choice. But I for one think that the board are as responsible for allowing it to continue unchecked for so long.

They must have been aware that the calibre of player we were acquiring was unable to obtain us promotion. As is the quality of player we still have now.

Mumby finishes by saying:

"We have to organise ourselves to compete at the top of the Championship with costs that do not impair our long-term security should we fail to win promotion.”

And finally

He said the club was “in a strong position to compete”.

With the release of the accounts designed to show every disgruntled City fan that we have not received most of the money from transfers.

I see no way that we will compete at the top of the Championship. Unless we change the players that failed so badly last term and this how can we. Will the money be there to do that. ANSWER: See clubs accounts.

Summing up: We failed to take our chance. We played it so safe after relegation and acted so slowly when the results that lets face it we the bookies the media and to be honest even the board expected failed to come that now we are in no position to do anything but battle on regardless with what we have.

I can live with this but I would at least like the club to admit to its failures. After all I has been quick in recent times to point out ours

OTCB

Why is it that a SACKED manafer who was failing at his job description of bringing wins and success to NCFC gets a Pay-off of £600,000?

No wonder he never walked. I wouldn''t!

Not only do you no longer have the headache of trying to get your squad for playing for you any more, and wining games, but you seem to win the lottery aswell!

It will take me 25 years to earn that in my job!!!

It should be if you are not upto the job or you are simply out of touch, and are failing at your contract you get NOWT!

If we (the general public) were cr5ap at our job and got the sack would we get a pay-off from our work force. Even if we get redunacy we don''t get anything like these figures.

No wonder football teams are in debt nowadays.

NCFC have now no choice but to follow Grant (ihope we do as I like him) because if they decide against him in the future it could cost them a lot of money.

ITS ALL WRONG!!!!

Cheers All

600K payoff so that makes what, £11,538.46 a week to play left backs in midfield - and go on holiday whilst other clubs signed up players.

Well done!!  Its no wonder he didn''t have the decency to quit even though he knew he had stayed too long. 

Yep, as I said at the time he is an *******.

I dread to think how much some of our supposed footballers are on.

Chunky as a matter of fact i dont have a credit card, they are pointless.

I find it interesting that we are also top of the fundraisers league. We are just a charity for everyone to take the p*** out of, e.g. clubs, ex managers ect.

How did we get 19 Million in debt????????? Surely that means something is wrong with our board.

I guess I would be expected to jump in here and gloat about the state of affairs at NCFC right now.........

Fortunately however I don''t ''do'' gloat....especially when it concerns something so very important for our club. The details released by the Board read more like the Beano than anything else......and we should all be worried. It basically states that we have blown our income on trifles.....and the CR cupboard is bare.  Well......why doesn''t that surprise me?

I''ve always maintained that Worthington was a convenient smokescreen for Delia Smith and Co....because as long as we were baiting him....the Board was off the hook and not under scrutiny. Cynical and very stupid of them I feel to think they could get away with it....although had PG instantly been a huge success and got them off the hook like they hoped....we supporters may have been more forgiving............

So...where are we then? No money....a rookie ''puppet'' manager few supporters trust.....a Board which would be better selling doughnuts on the market....a spin doctor who really does think we are stupid......a fancy ground where too much has been invested in trivia.....a squad of journeyman misfits (the pick of whom will be flogged off in January)....at least 19 million squid of debt....la de da de da.......AND YET....there are still voices of support for them? Unbelievable.

I won''t repeat the many great issues put forward on here by other posters....but looking at the statistics.....how has all of this been allowed to happen?  Maybe this is all OUR fault too....so perhaps we can expect a slating from DS shortly.

You really really dont have a clue do you "I Own This Club"And for those of you whinging about the 600k payoff, it was because he was on a rolling 1 year contract, if ANY of you where fired from your job you would get the money for your notice period if you didnt work it off. Its standard in everyday life, and its not going to be different in football either that is run as a business.The club was in debt before this board took over so its not them that we have to blame for this.

I find it interesting that we are also top of the fundraisers league. We are just a charity for everyone to take the p*** out of, e.g. clubs, ex managers ect.

How did we get 19 Million in debt????????? Surely that means something is wrong with our board.

[/quote]

it does indeed.. the Debt under chase was 6 million, with a host of assets we could of sold to raise much needed capital.. we have sold them yet still lost money...

Mismanagement from the highest level... At least with chase we knew we had a Bull*****er.. this bunch gained our trust first!

jas :)

[/quote]

Fair enough with regard to credit cards, am the same myself! People bid money for the shirts to raise money for the British Legion and cannot be linked to our board and the losses. Its very frustrating that we cannot find money to sign the players we want. Norwich have never made big signings, they have always been a trading club and always will be. Its perhaps time people just accepted our position and supported the club the best way they can instead of being negative about everything. Remember this club has spent many more years outside of the top flight of football than it has in it.

[/quote]

Now, I''m not convinced by slagging off the club''s fundraising attempts for the Royal Legion that you''re really covering yourself in glory are you?

Surely it is not a revelation that transfer payments are made in installments? If it is then I''ve been party to confidential knowledge for years without realising it...

As for the debt, the worst thing you can probably do as a Championship club is push the boat out a little to achieve the title, get promoted, raise everyone''s wages, buy a couple of players in, and then get relegated after one season and keep the wage bill at around the same level as your top flight season. I''m not arguing what lies behind this, or about wrongs or rights, but there are 15 clubs in the championship who have similar debts as a result. Some lower, some higher.

New outside investment would easy the situation, like Sunderland or Southampton. But then, we''re in a more stable and potentially more-successful position compared to say Crystal Palace, who sold Andy Dive, and bought Kuqi for £2.5m to replace him on deadline day...

It is certainly right to question these things, but it still needs to be constructive and objective.

The accounts run from 1st June 2005 to 31st May 2006.  Worthy was sacked on 1st October 2006.

Therefore his payoff has absolutely nothing to do with last year''s accounts.  So why announce it at the same time?  What a cynical little spin machine we do have . . .  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

[/quote]

it does indeed.. the Debt under chase was 6 million, with a host of assets we could of sold to raise much needed capital.. we have sold them yet still lost money...

Mismanagement from the highest level... At least with chase we knew we had a Bull*****er.. this bunch gained our trust first!

jas :)

[/quote]Er we built the new south stand and the infill? The club took out a loan for 15m to cover that, or would you rather have the old south stand back.

[quote user="cluck_the_positive"]

I guess I would be expected to jump in here and gloat about the state of affairs at NCFC right now.........

Fortunately however I don''t ''do'' gloat....especially when it concerns something so very important for our club. The details released by the Board read more like the Beano than anything else......and we should all be worried. It basically states that we have blown our income on trifles.....and the CR cupboard is bare.  Well......why doesn''t that surprise me?

I''ve always maintained that Worthington was a convenient smokescreen for Delia Smith and Co....because as long as we were baiting him....the Board was off the hook and not under scrutiny. Cynical and very stupid of them I feel to think they could get away with it....although had PG instantly been a huge success and got them off the hook like they hoped....we supporters may have been more forgiving............

So...where are we then? No money....a rookie ''puppet'' manager few supporters trust.....a Board which would be better selling doughnuts on the market....a spin doctor who really does think we are stupid......a fancy ground where too much has been invested in trivia.....a squad of journeyman misfits (the pick of whom will be flogged off in January)....at least 19 million squid of debt....la de da de da.......AND YET....there are still voices of support for them? Unbelievable.

I won''t repeat the many great issues put forward on here by other posters....but looking at the statistics.....how has all of this been allowed to happen?  Maybe this is all OUR fault too....so perhaps we can expect a slating from DS shortly.

[/quote]

What you get with Cluck is double speak and spin....the very things he accuses others of. He does not do "gloat" he announces smugly at the start of his message. He then goes on unashamedly with trumpets blaring "GLOAT" from the rooftops with "Well, why doesn''t any of this surprise ME."