Sign in to follow this  
fonejacker

Another loan player missed

[quote user="NCFC - Dundee Division"]

Surely...............surely we should have been in the hunt for Ehiogu who has just gone to Leeds? Another one missed I think.

[/quote]Not really getting on a bit and injury prone we have enough sitting on the treatment table already.

Would definitely have been a good signing. It amazes me the players that change clubs and we don''t even seem to have registered an interest - unless we are totally kept in the dark. If so not many enquires come to fruition!

Patrick Berger has joinged fellow Aston Villa team mate Lee Hendrie at Stoke till January 4th

Agreed -  he is EXACTLY the sort of player who could make a difference... but is it a case of NOrfolk being too far away?  We had a signing last year that fell through (Evertonian? cant recall)  because of geography.

Why cant we find a central midfield version of him??

[quote user="AJ"]Patrick Berger has joinged fellow Aston Villa team mate Lee Hendrie at Stoke till January 4th
[/quote] I''ve just seen that. Berger would have been a cracking signing too. What do our scouts do?? I hope our recruitment campaign isn''t going to remain the same under Grant. It isn''t looking too promising at the moment!

Patrick Berger would have been nice, but I imagine his wage demands are high!

The one loanee I think we missed out on is Dean Kiely! Would have done perfectly until January, instead Luton got him!

How do Stoke keep pulling all these premiership loan signing out of the hat?they are not exactly a rich club, or doing overly well!its really quite shocking, and yet, we dont have anything extra here to offer.To say i am dissapointed is an understatement, but roll on January, thank god its not too far away, hopefully Grant can begin to build his own squad.

I dont think loans are what we should be looking for...maybe Grant is saving his money for proper signings in January, least that si what i am hoping. We want players who will be here for the long term not a short term deal to give them match practice.

Michael McIndoe (Barnsley to Wolves) is another one that could have done a job for us, particularly if we keep playing with a three man midfield.

Geography has a big part to play in this - 45 minute drive from Birmingham to Stoke = loan spell playing first team football/improving fitness etc etc without the need to change your life/home.  Same applies to Middlesborough to Leeds for Ugo.

Our better loan options are north or east London clubs!!

[quote user="Canary02"]Michael McIndoe (Barnsley to Wolves) is another one that could have done a job for us, particularly if we keep playing with a three man midfield.[/quote]

Its with a view to a permanent signing in January - a bit like Chadwick so I would look at this one a little bit diferently to be honest. It looks like a loan but is one of those - how to work around the rules signings which means that other clubs may well have been sniffing around but not offered money etc.

Where as it has already been publicly stated that Hendrie is only temp and is expected back by O''Neill to boost his squad, Berger I am not so sure about, he seems a bit injury prone these days and a little lazy, very much a luxury player in my books. Would have been nice on loan but I think those sorts of wages for little over a month probably arnt worth it. I mean how many games will a player like that play in that time? For a start anyone signed yesterday would probably not play this weekend, especially when like Berger and Ehiogue they lack first team football not to mention one days training if that with their new squad.