Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

How much does Peter Grant have to Spend?

Lets think about all the financial aid we''ve got and i''m sure we can work it out easily.

As City Angel said we have £2 Million we didn''t spend on Cotterail. We sold Mckenzie for £1 Million, I imagine we''ve got £500k so far from that deal. Magnesson has just brought West Ham and has said he is going to get rid of all debt. So that I imagine means around £1 Million from the Green deal is still to be paided and god knows how much from the Ashton deal. Ashton was sold for £7.25 Million, If a member of the pupil helped this deal go down, I''d say he''d have got his money back to buy Ashton from Crewe which was £3 Million. So now the Ashton deal is worth £4.25 Million. £500k will be paided in add-ons which brings it down to £3.75 Mill. If this £3.75 Million was paided over 24 months and Magnessom wanted to pay fully up that means we should get a total of £1.875 Million as a final payment.

£2 Million from Cotterial + £500k (McKenzie) + £1 Millon (green) + £1.875 Mill (Ashton) = £5.375 Million

Taken away the figure that loans have taken up which might be around £300k. That leaves £5 Million

Even if the board decide to keep half of this back it would still leave Grant with a Budget of £2.5 Million pounds

I think you''re about right with your final figure Tom, but I don''t think you got there correctly.

My understanding is that the £2m for Cotterill basically included the McKenzie money. I also think that there may be a misunderstanding with West Ham "clearing their debts", I doubt very much whether we will get to see any of our money any quicker. The guy was probably talking about putting them on a stable financial footing and strengthening their balance sheet by injecting money. To try and explain that, what I mean is, if they owed us approx £3m but it was due to be paid in instalments over the next two years they might just inject that £3m into their own bank account. They would continue to pay us in instalments and benefit from the interest earned on the cash, why would they pay us off early and lose that interest ?

I consider your £2.5m figure to be about correct because we were obviously willing to pay £2m for Cotterill and I find it difficult to believe our board would sanction the spending of the complete transfer budget on one player.

Mark .y.

1. wehad a bout 500 000 of summer budget left before sale of green and mckenzie

2. we recieved so far about 600 000 from mckenzie deal and 1.5 million up front from green deal

3. we then payed worthington about 900 000 when he got the sack as reproted by my source... who is reliable but when i posted about him it got deleted

4. the board willh hopefully inject around 500 000 into kitty

500000 + 600000 + 1500000 - 900000 + 500000 - 300000 (Luke chadwick) = 1.9 million 

£5 million! haha, sorry but some people look at the budget very linear like

the money the club has received DOES NOT just go onto transfer fees, remember these days football clubs are Multi-million  business''s and no longer just ''clubs'' in the haydays

the ashton deal for example is extremely complex, crew got £1mill straight away for a sell-on clause, west ham are paying it in 2 year installements with various add ons,

the mckenzie deal was 600k upfront with 400k pending promotion as im lead to believe and the green deal was £1mill with 500k add ons for england apperaneces and west ham europe qualifications...

the cottereil deal was also not going to be £2mill upfront, i estimate grant has somewhere between £1.5-2mill to spend (including wages), as i stated ina previous post i believe we will sign

Chadwick = £250k

Riordan = 800k-£1mill

Zieglar = on loan till end of season

Surely signing Camp, Ashdown, Boyle and Chadwick on loan will have reduced our transfer budget!? I should imagine Dublin''s wages and signing on fee will have come out of that too?? Hopefully the board will release some more cash because I don''t think £2million is anywhere near enough to turn us into a promotion challenging team! £4million at least is required IMO.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Lets think about all the financial aid we''ve got and i''m sure we can work it out easily.

As City Angel said we have £2 Million we didn''t spend on Cotterail. We sold Mckenzie for £1 Million, I imagine we''ve got £500k so far from that deal. Magnesson has just brought West Ham and has said he is going to get rid of all debt. So that I imagine means around £1 Million from the Green deal is still to be paided and god knows how much from the Ashton deal. Ashton was sold for £7.25 Million, If a member of the pupil helped this deal go down, I''d say he''d have got his money back to buy Ashton from Crewe which was £3 Million. So now the Ashton deal is worth £4.25 Million. £500k will be paided in add-ons which brings it down to £3.75 Mill. If this £3.75 Million was paided over 24 months and Magnessom wanted to pay fully up that means we should get a total of £1.875 Million as a final payment.

£2 Million from Cotterial + £500k (McKenzie) + £1 Millon (green) + £1.875 Mill (Ashton) = £5.375 Million

Taken away the figure that loans have taken up which might be around £300k. That leaves £5 Million

Even if the board decide to keep half of this back it would still leave Grant with a Budget of £2.5 Million pounds

[/quote]

Don''t forget the purchase of Robert Earnshaw after Ashton! - £2.8 Million rising to £3.5 Million upon appearances.

Dont get carried away Tom, surely the 2 million on Cotterill was raised as part of the sales of Green, Ashton and mckenzie.

We got in about 5 Million for Ashton up front taking off sell ons etc, about 1.5 M for Green and an innitial 500K for mckenzie. We then spent 3.5M on Earnshaw, 750k on Croft, 300k on Chadwick, have loaned Camp, Ashdown, Boyle, Rehman, Johannsenn.

So 5.5 M + 1.5M + 600k - 3M up front - 750K - 300k - an estimated 500k = 3.05Million

I believe that the 2 Millioin for Cotterill was a maximum based on significant add ons and so the innitial cost would have been half that.

Wages will be included in the budget, remember a goo new signing could be paid a salary of at least 250k, and being realistic we arent going to be able to clear out the dead wood till the summer.

We have also paid nigel Worthington 1 Million pound, paid west ham compensation for Grant.

So that leaves 2 Million Max (we wont spend as much because of greants departure despite what the board say) if the board are prepared to invest it all, to go on wages, agents fees and transfer fees.

the board surely realise money has to be invested in the playing staff if we''re gonna get anyway. if they don''t invest a bit of money in the squad, we''re gonna carry on how we are, therefore not as many people are gonna renew season tickets and hence the board lose money anyway. we''ve got to make a calculated gamble otherwise we''re gonna go nowhere.

i

the board surely realise money has to be invested in the playing staff if we''re gonna get anyway. if they don''t invest a bit of money in the squad, we''re gonna carry on how we are, therefore not as many people are gonna renew season tickets and hence the board lose money anyway. we''ve got to make a calculated gamble otherwise we''re gonna go nowhere.

i reckon

As with all business''s - our club needs regular investment if it is unable to generate enough profit from operations, what this club now needs is new money - Delia & Mikes money has helped to create a sound foundation - but we will NOT move forward without new investment this is quite clear. We have sold off nearly all our land assets from the "bob the builder" era, now we have no hidden assets to turn to cash, our great White Knight Sir G Watling is no more. I am afraid it is time for the board to put a significant part of the shareholding up for sale to encourage fresh investment - without this we are destined to remain in the mid table of the championship or worse. Look at wigan & reading & bolton all so called small clubs with much smaller fan bases than ours - but have all have signifacant new money invested. So board its time to look at the future of Norwich City Football Club - bring in new investors NOW.

I''ll go for £3m - whatever we''re paying for Chadders in January and his wages.