Sign in to follow this  
Canary4life

Supporters Fault?

According to our proven manager peter grant it was the supporters fault for our draw against hull city.In his words he said that he expected the supporters not to sing for 20 minutes but he did not expect the fans to turn up after 90.I think he should concentrate on sorting out his team instead of blaming the fans.

Dont u agree?????

I know its early days but he does tend to talk far too much without actually saying anything - can''t motivate the team to play in a local derby and now blames the fans - gone by May at this rate particularly when the season tickets aren''t being re newed to watch mid table, passion free dross

Of course; the supporters were responsible for playing Huckerby on the right, not playing Safri, continuing with a mid field which can only go sideways and/or back to their own goal.

I, along with many in the crowd, must admit I missed a lot of passion which the players showed and most of all we saw very little skill.  I guess it makes a change from blaming the players and as it could not possibly be any fault of management then it must have been the mugs who turn up week after week paying good money.

Wouldn''t it make a wonderful change for the manager to say I was at fault with wrong tactics, wrong player selection and for not engaging my brain before putting the mouth into gear.

[quote user="Canary4life"]

According to our proven manager peter grant it was the supporters fault for our draw against hull city.In his words he said that he expected the supporters not to sing for 20 minutes but he did not expect the fans to turn up after 90.I think he should concentrate on sorting out his team instead of blaming the fans.

Dont u agree?????

[/quote]

We were quiet but it works both ways the team have to perform for the crowd and they havent,to say we arent passionate when theres nearly a full house every time at CR and over 20,000 seaon tickets sold is commitment imo.

But although Grants comments upset we i wont judge him til we see what players he brings in,in Jan

I completely agree!!!! The fans dont play the football so its his fault along with the team! If you look on teletext he calls the fans a disgrace!!! A disgrace!!! The display today was the disgrace and so is grant for blaming the fans! Grant also said that he was pleased with the performance!! A little sign of the old worthy ways??!!

I am certainly willing to give the guy a chance, however i was gobsmacked anf felt let down by a totally uncalled for rant. The crowd have a right to feel agrieved, and today was no exception, we were dire. He made it out as if we dominated for 90 minutes and should have won 5-0. He said Hull didnt look like scoring, when in reality they weere a crap side but they did have more good chances than we did. If our defence was so good, why did one of their players have a free header 6 yards out just before we scored.

There is something weird going on because it is a different Peter grant we heard to the one we''ve been hearing.

i seem to remmeber Peter Grant the player standing in the center circle pointing... running about 10 yards and losing the ball then pointing again.

Passion Peter? the fans were showing it then.. u werent

jas :)

I''ve just got home and cannot believe what I just read on the BBC website.I am totally astonished. The man has totally lost any support I mat have had for him for the time being unless he apologises.

He has let himself down.  He could have got away with anything, we would have made excuses for him, blaming Worthington''s team, no chance to sign, etc etc.  Anything but insulting the fans.  We were here first, and we will be here last.  He needs to gain our respect, not lose it. 

We need an immediate apology. 

Blaming the supporters shows a total lack of intellect on anyones part. Grant has simply taken over the mantle of worthington. dodgy decisions, poor motivation, desperately bad results, excuses, and a propensity to insult the paying customer. Yesterdays performance against an excrutiatingly poor side, was a disgrace. Following hot on the heels of last sundays demoralising fiasco, its more than a bit rich for Grant to label the supporters a disgrace. Congratulations Grant - youve just blown it.