Sign in to follow this  
cheshire canary

Sing when we're winning...

...And our fans barely even did that yesterday.

What has happened to the white hot atmosphere that we can create? People on here may well question the desire, hunger, commitment and passion of the players but if the fans don''t show the same for the team,what can you expect them to do?

As for booing Robert Eagle when he was substituted,well I was ashamed to be a norwich fan at that point. We all know how poor Carl Robinson, Andy Hughes etc etc are, but give them some backing and a bit of confidence and i''m sure they will improve their performances. Look at Andy Hughes at Leeds last year - the fans were screaming their heads off and he played a blinder. One game in all the ones he''s played for us is clearly not enough, but it just shows that with some backing he can improve.

One more thing, I can''t believe anybody is judging the manager on the results so far. At least leave it until a month or so after the transfer window when he''s had the chance to sign his own players.

If the fans don''t get behind the team then i''m afraid we''re staying in this division. The fans away from home can make more noise than the home ones.

OTBC

Well said, we all know that the team needs to be improved but that’s not going to happen to January. The attitude of the fans on away matches is completely different to the home crowd at Carrow Road - On the away games there is far less of us, and the need to stick together, sing and make a noise continuously to urge the players and the team on is paramount. The majority of away games over the past two seasons we have lost or not played very well, but the fans still carry on singing till the final minute still proud to be at the game following the team even when we are a goal or two behind (or 5 at stoke) .Some of the away performances would have had half of Carrow road driving down A47 or the A11 after 80 mins. Its takes dedication and most of your spare time to follow the club and travel the country to watch the games .especially after a poor run of results. Booing our own players/team at home is outrageous, there are 24,000 home fans!! So sing up the Barclay and let''s be avin you!! "Follow follow follow" stop the booing get behind the team rather than knocking the players/management.[:(]

[quote user="cheshire canary"]

...And our fans barely even did that yesterday.

What has happened to the white hot atmosphere that we can create? People on here may well question the desire, hunger, commitment and passion of the players but if the fans don''t show the same for the team,what can you expect them to do?

As for booing Robert Eagle when he was substituted,well I was ashamed to be a norwich fan at that point. We all know how poor Carl Robinson, Andy Hughes etc etc are, but give them some backing and a bit of confidence and i''m sure they will improve their performances. Look at Andy Hughes at Leeds last year - the fans were screaming their heads off and he played a blinder. One game in all the ones he''s played for us is clearly not enough, but it just shows that with some backing he can improve.

One more thing, I can''t believe anybody is judging the manager on the results so far. At least leave it until a month or so after the transfer window when he''s had the chance to sign his own players.

If the fans don''t get behind the team then i''m afraid we''re staying in this division. The fans away from home can make more noise than the home ones.

OTBC

[/quote]

Cheshire....when is it going to sink in?

We were cynically told by DS that we were the best fans in the World.....and bizarrely many sucked it in. We are little more than average crowd noise wise....and very quiet by comparison to the likes of Portsmouth. The rallying call by DS was to get you all on side....believe you are an integral part of what is going on at CR.....and spend your lovely money. The restricted season ticket racket is hilarious....but brought the desired panic to buy to ''avoid disappointment''......and thus larger than there should be gates follow.

In the end....the fans begin to see the light.....and Peter Grant has only hastened that procedure. We aren''t ''loved'' Cheshire....we are patronised for our loyalty.

I think you will find the booing was not for Eagle, but for the decision to substitute him. FFS stop blaming the fans for the crap we are dished up. 

i dont know about anyone else but im fed up watching the dross served up at carrow rd week after week.

if the pr*t grant want lots of noise give us a little something to cheer.

how many shorts on goal this week ? i reckon 2. against sunderland it was 1.

we very rarely create a white hot atmosphere as you say c c . but if the players show some commitment, get stuck in we do get behind them.

as for booing eagle i think it was grant being booed for taking him of and not aimed at eagle.

[quote user="cheshire canary"]

[/quote]

But surely football is a two way street ? After the abysmal showing at Portman Road isn''t it fair to expect the team to at least come out ''all guns blazing '' for the following game to give the fans something to sing about ?

From minute one, against the mighty Hull City no less, the players, with the exception of Colin and dear old Dion, looked completely dis-interested in the proceedings.

I indeed do question the desire, hunger, commitment and passion of the players but until those same players can demonstrate some of those qualities to us long suffering supporters then Carrow Road will, quite understandably, continue to remain subdued.

I totally agree, it very easy for fans to sing and cheer when things are going great, but it takes a true supporter to still sing and cheer when things aren''t so great. This is the time when the club needs our backing the most and behaving like children isn''t going to help it.  I say we take the moral high ground and prove grant wrong show him that we are the best fans and I gurantee he''ll end up having to apoligise and eat his words. Does anyone honestly think turning up on tuesday booing and sitting silent will help the club or make anything better?

I have to reiterate that I do not think anyone was boo-ing Robert Eagle when he was substituted. It was more the fact that McVeigh wasn''t the one coming off, combined with the sight of Peter Thorne preparing to come on.

I thought Eagle did well (all things considered) and his cross to Earnshaw was superb. With a bit more experience (and confidence), he''s going to be a star.