Sign in to follow this  
ca

How proud are we today?

3 more points,great result,great performances from everyone,I am so proud I think I will burst.We are so nearly there,just need to keep positive,support everyone one of them on that pitch 100% and start thinking about our promotion get together.
Never knew that I could be this happy and just cant stop smiling.bet you all feel the same.Large glass of white wine for me tonight.
P.S. and Hucks(my idol has been voted Division 1 fans Man of the Month, can life get any better!

I think this is a feeling that has been mounting over the past few weeks - I work in "the other city" and left the office at 8 pm on the day before the Palace game - whilst walking to Liverpool Street station I passed a family who had obviously come down overnight for the match the Children were already dressed in yellow and green and kitted out with scarves. From then on I haven''t been able to stop smiling.

As Bananarama/Fun Boy three said "Its not what you do its the way that you do it" and we have every reason to be proud of the club as a whole - As such here are my ten reasons why we should be proud.

1) The Family spirit that the Club prides itself on. - In December tough decisions had to be made the board took a leap of faith in investing in new players and asked for hard cash support from the fans - we responded in kind and yesterday all five goals were scored by the resulting boost.

2) The Support - Every game this season has been a sell out indeed most of last season was sold out too. With the probability that by early May all Season tickets will be renewed. The vast majority of these were renewed with no guarantee where the club would be playing next season.

3) The Team - It has been said before and it will be said again but Norwich players are a credit to the game in that they take the knocks and keep playing the game - I have just watched the highlights of the Burnley game - late on winning 4-3 the ball goes behind the goal - Greeno doesn''t wait for the ball boy to pass it back to him to waste a bit of time he sprints behind the goal to collect it - not sure where we are on the fair play league but it isn''t just about bookings!

4) The maturity of the management - Nigel Worthington has taken all of the problems he has been faced with, lack of funds, criticism of style etc etc and dealt with them in a mature way - he rarely criticises the referee or the oppositions tactics - he is focussed on a victory and let the others worry about us.

5) The away phenonomen - Living in the wilds of essex a home game is an away game to me (my day is a minimum of 9 hours all in) so I do not go to many away games as I need to have some weekends to do "domestic things" but not only has the away support been good the volume of noise has been fantastic - Roy Waller spent most of Saturday trying to shout above the noise of the city fans, and this even comes through on the TV coverage.

6) The Ticketing arrangements - OK this one is a bit tough especially if you cannot get a ticket but the Board has done its best to make certain that tickets are in the hands of genuine fans/long term "supporters" of the club. Equally the 8 game Season ticket at £110 showed that there was no intention to make a quick buck as does the fact that the ticket price for those last eight games has not been overly inflated (although if someone had told you at the start of the Season that the Walsall game would be category A you would tell them they''re having a laugh!) - lesser clubs would have charged much more for the last few games.

7) We''re having a laugh - This is the fact that we have not developed an arrogance that other teams have - It stuns the opposing fans to have the standard chants such as "top of the league? you''re having a laugh!" converted to "Top of the League! and we''re having a laugh!" We are here because of hard work and determination. We do not have a divine right to be where we are and if we are honest we know next season will be tough wherever we are so we are having fun.

8) The Behaviour of the fans - We can be justly proud of ourselves here. We are travelling in masses making lots of noise and not causing problems if we lose - even after the Ipswich game there was no real problem for the Police to deal with and even though we were kept in after the game for a bit too long we did not agitate for an earlier release - perhaps one day the Police/ste

sxcanaree - I couldn''t read your post without a lump appearing in my throat. Well said...the lot of it!